Horatio died February 25, 1863
Burial: Moore Cemetery, Drake Township, Macon County Missouri
2nd wife was Nancy Robison
MACON COUNTY OBITUARIES 1874-1888 compiled by Phyllis Mears
Mrs. Nancy Hull, 61, died 27 November 1885 from pneumonia at her home in Drake township, Macon county, Missouri. She was born in Indiana and had been a resident of Missouri for forty years. She was a widow. Burial in the Davis graveyard.
Marriage: September 14, 1841, Pulaski, Kentucky
Child of Horatio Swink and Susannah Ford is:
John Leonard Swink, born July 03, 1837 in Pulaski, Kentucky; died September 30, 1874 in Pulaski, Kentucky.
Children of Horatio Swink and Nancy Robison are:
1. Horatio Offit Swink -was born April 30, 1816 in Somerset ,Pulaski Co. Kentucky, and died Abt. 1863 in Walnut Creek Twp. Macon Co. Mo.. He married (1) Susannah Ford. He married (2) Nancy Robison September 14, 1841 in Pulaski, Kentucky, daughter of James Robison and Martha Crowder. She was born April 25, 1824, and died November 27, 1885 in Macon Co. Mo..
Ada Josephine Swink, born September 17, 1854 in Liberty,Macon,Mo.; died January 22, 1890 in Probably Walnut Creek ,Macon Mo..
Mary Jane Swink. She married Samuel Ratliff September 11, 1859 in Macon Co. Missouri1.
Unionville Republican Newspaper:
Mary Jane Swink was born in Salline County Missouri Oct. 18, 1842 and departed this life April 1, 1922, at her home near Unionville. She was united in marriage to Samual Ratliff of Macon Co. Mo. Sept 11, 1859 who preceded her in death seven years. To this Union 12 children were born, nine of whom survive her, two having died in infancy. William T. of O'Neal, Neb. deceased; Martha E. Seavey, Unionville, Mo.; James R., Panama, Neb.;John F., Carpenter, S Dak.; Susannah Gittinger, St. Joseph, Mo.; George S., Park River, N. Dak., Sinda F. Thompson, Laura A Davis, Minnie O., who lived with her mother, and Stephen C., all of Unionville, Mo. There were also 48 grandchildren and 17 great grand children. In her youth she united with the Missionary Baptist Church but in after years was a strong believer in the Primitive Baptist doctrine but did not unite with the church. When summoned to her last reward she expressed her faith in God. She said she would like to stay longer with her children but if it was His will for her to go all was well. Funeral services were held at the home at 10:30, April 3 conducted by Elder Bradley (J.W.) of Moulton, Iowa. Interment at the Thompson Cemetery.
Death Certificate - Putnam County Missouri - widowed - date of death April 1 1922 79 yr 5 mo 15 da - born Sallina County Missouri - name of father Jimmie Swink - maiden name of mother Robison - date of birth Oct 16, 1842 - burial Thompson Cemetery.
More About Samuel Ratliff and Mary Swink:
Marriage: September 11, 1859, Macon Co. Missouri1
+ 5 iii. Edward Swink.
6 iv. Monroe Swink, born May 06, 1861; died February 22, 1930. He married Laura Abigail Ratliff May 10, 1882 in Macon Co. Missouri1; born September 26, 1862; died December 18, 1932.
Notes for Monroe Swink:
living 1880 White Twp. Macon Mo. with Bradley family
More About Monroe Swink:
Burial: Helton Cemetery, Elmer, Macon County, Missouri.
More About Laura Abigail Ratliff:
Burial: Helton Cemetery, Elmer, Macon County, Missouri
More About Monroe Swink and Laura Ratliff:
Marriage: May 10, 1882, Macon Co. Missouri1
+ 7 v. Albert Swink.
8 vi. Lucinda Swink, born March 03, 1852; died April 06, 1928. She married Tomas Joyce.
Generation No. 2
2. John Leonard5 Swink (Horatio Offit4, Leonard3, John Leonard2, Hans Michael1) was born July 03, 1837 in Pulaski, Kentucky, and died September 30, 1874 in Pulaski, Kentucky.
Children of John Leonard Swink are:
9 i. William Hudson6 Swink.
10 ii. John Q. Swink Swink.
11 iii. Riley Wilson Swink.
12 iv. Orville L. Swink.
13 v. Marshall Swink.
14 vi. Charles Y. Swink.
15 vii. Susannah Swink.
3. Ada Josephine5 Swink (Horatio Offit4, Leonard3, John Leonard2, Hans Michael1)2,3 was born September 17, 1854 in Liberty,Macon,Mo., and died January 22, 1890 in Probably Walnut Creek ,Macon Mo.. She married Hanover Tinsley Davis October 29, 1871 in Walnut Creek, Macon Co Missouri4, son of Meredith Davis and Mary. He was born May 26, 1849 in New Boston ,Linn County Mo., and died in Texas.
More About Ada Josephine Swink:
Cause of Death: Died in Childbirth
Notes for Hanover Tinsley Davis:
Groom Cemetery Gray or Carson Co. Texas
More About Hanover Davis and Ada Swink:
Marriage: October 29, 1871, Walnut Creek, Macon Co Missouri4
Children of Ada Swink and Hanover Davis are:
16 i. Ada Mae6 Davis, born September 09, 1872 in Liberty Township,Macon Co. Missouri. She married George Leander Kiefer April 12, 1891 in Milan,Sullivan co. Mo..
More About George Kiefer and Ada Davis:
Marriage: April 12, 1891, Milan,Sullivan co. Mo.
17 ii. Melvina Frances Davis, born July 01, 1876 in Liberty Twp Macon Co.Missouri5; died September 13, 1934 in Olympia, Washington6. She married (1) John W. Ray7 December 20, 1899 in New Boston,Baker Twp. Linn County Mo.8; born May 11, 1858 in New Boston, Baker Township Linn Co. Mo.9; died February 14, 1901 in New Boston,Baker Township Linn Co. Mo.10. She married (2) Thomas Maxwell February 10, 1903 in Linn Co. Missouri11; born April 01, 1860.
Notes for Melvina Frances Davis:
Linn Co. Marriage records on microfilm FHL
Marriage license State of Missouri County of Linn
Thomas Maxwell of Linneus Linn Co. Mo.
Mrs. Fannie Ray of Hybrid Mo.
Feb. 9 1903
MASONIC MEMORIAL PARK, Tumwater,
MAXWELL, Fanny M. 13 Sep 1934 age 58
Death Reg. for Fanny Maxwell Washington Bureau of Vital Statistics State file # 132
Name -Fanny M. Maxwell- female ,white ,divorced
Place of Death- St Peters Hospital
Residence Route 2 ,Olympia ,
Husband -T. E. Maxwell
Date of birth July 1 1876
Age at death 58 yrs 2mon 12 days
Occupation -At home ,Housekeeper
Place of birth -Missouri
Name of Father -H.T. Davis b. Missouri
Name of mother -Josephine Swink-b. Missouri
Informant Mrs. Arta Reynolds Route 2 Olympia Wa.
Date of Death Sept 13 1934
Cause of death-Cerebal Apoplexy (Stroke)
Contributing Cause- Arterio Scerosis for several years
Notes for John W. Ray:
Feb. 14, 1901
Page 4 col 3
Uncle Will Ray, of near New Boston, was in Hybrid Sunday to visit his son John.
Walter Ray was in Hybrid Thursday to see his brother, John who is in rather critical condition at present.
Feb 22, 1901
Page 4 col 2
J. W. Ray, who had been sick for a long time, died last Thursday morning at 2 o'clock, age 42 years. He was a good citizen and neighbor. A wife and bright little babe 5 months old survive him, who have the sympathy of the entire community. The remains were interred at Pleasant Grove Friday.
More About John Ray and Melvina Davis:
Marriage: December 20, 1899, New Boston,Baker Twp. Linn County Mo.12
More About Thomas Maxwell and Melvina Davis:
Marriage: February 10, 1903, Linn Co. Missouri13
18 iii. Augustus Dwight Caesar Davis, born September 06, 1880 in Liberty Township,Macon Co. Missouri; died October 11, 1960 in Loveland ,Larimer ,Colorado. He married Arta Laura Mongomery September 25, 1901 in Adair Co. Mo..
Notes for Augustus Dwight Caesar Davis:
Religion- Latter Day Saints
More About Augustus Davis and Arta Mongomery:
Marriage: September 25, 1901, Adair Co. Mo.
19 iv. Roy Monroe Davis, born February 26, 1883 in Liberty Township, Macon Co. Mo.. He married Florence Montgomery.
Notes for Roy Monroe Davis:
Went by name Roe D. Davis
buried Groom Cemetery Texas
20 v. Emma Lou Davis, born June 06, 1886 in Liberty Township, Macon Co. Mo..
5. Edward5 Swink (Horatio Offit4, Leonard3, John Leonard2, Hans Michael1) He married Harriet Davis April 03, 1870 in Macon Co. Mo.14, daughter of William Davis and Nancy Ray.
More About Edward Swink and Harriet Davis:
Marriage: April 03, 1870, Macon Co. Mo.14
Children of Edward Swink and Harriet Davis are:
21 i. Charles6 Swink.
22 ii. Lavinia Swink.
23 iii. William Swink.
7. Albert5 Swink (Horatio Offit4, Leonard3, John Leonard2, Hans Michael1) He married Lucy Ann Davis December 08, 1870 in Macon Co. Mo.14.
Notes for Albert Swink:
Albert Swink, the jeweler, died at 1 o'clock, Feb. 13, 1917, at his home at 621 North Fourth street, Quincy, Ill. Death resulted from pneumonia with which he was stricken last Thursday, when his condition became serious and his children were notified, but he failed so rapidly that even his son who resides in St. Louis was unable to get to him before he died. Mr. Swink was born in Macon county, Mo., October 26, 1849, and was 67 years 3 months and 21 days of age at his death. He had been in the jewelry business for 26 years and was a member of the Odd Fellows lodge. He is survived by his wife, one son, Leonard of St. Louis, one daughter, Mrs. Maude Seamon of Los Angeles, Cal., one brother, Monroe, of Ethel Mo., and two sisters, Mrs. Mary J. Ratliff of Unionville, Mo., and Mrs. Lucinda Layce of Bucklin, Mo.
More About Albert Swink and Lucy Davis:
Marriage: December 08, 1870, Macon Co. Mo.14
Children of Albert Swink and Lucy Davis are:
24 i. Leonard6 Swink, born 1873.
25 ii. Otis Swink, born 1876.
1. Macon Co. Recorder of Deeds FHL. microfilm.
2. Fanny Maxwell (Davis) death registration listed H.T. Davis as father.
3. Frances McGehee of Richland Mo. source of names of Fannys parents and siblings.
4. Missouri marriage records.
5. From Frances McGeehee Richland Mo. Fanny's gr. neice.
6. Death reg of Fanny Maxwell Wa. state Records.
7. Census of 1900, Marriage Certificate Linn County Court records,.
8. Marriage records ,Linn County ,Recorder of Deeds FHL Film # 1009873.
9. Pleasant Grove Cemetery Records by May Bartee Couch.
10. Headstone at Pleasant Grove Cemetery, New Boston Linn Co. Mo..
11. Linn Co. marriage records 1902-1917 FHL 1009874.
12. Marriage records ,Linn County ,Recorder of Deeds FHL Film # 1009873.
13. Linn Co. marriage records 1902-1917 FHL 1009874.
14. Macon Co. Recorder of Deeds FHL. microfilm.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids