Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

TYPE C-5 VETERINARY CLINIC, WW2 STATION VETERINARY HOSPITAL, FORT ORD


This page belongs to greg krenzelok.


TYPE C-5 VETERINARY CLINIC, WW2 STATION VETERINARY HOSPITAL, FORT ORD

Building T-3140, Clinic, Veterinary, Medical, Type C-5, Date of design May 5, 1937, Authorized to supplement the Surgical Clinic where the animals strength warranted its need. Includes an office, latrine, rooms for supplies and heater, dispensary, and dressing floor with 2 horse stocks and hitching rails.

Type C-5 Clinic is an army veterinary building uniquely built to service horses (refer to Table No. 46 on the main page). It came with a large open area in the rear of the building where two horse stocks and two hitching rails were installed to handle the care of a large amount of horses. In 1946 the stocks and hitching rails were cut off and removed, their remains can still be seen in the building today. In 1946 this building was used as the Station Veterinary Command Office for Fort Ord taking care of the food inspections and small animal clinic located in the C-6 building. Both buildings remained as such until the station moved to their new location at Parker Flat Road. General Elia tells me when the hospital was converted from a “horse” hospital to small animal clinic and food inspection faculties there were a large amount of horse related medical supplies that were buried next to the C-5 building.

Marina Equestrian Association (MEA) leases all the buildings of the Station Veterinary Hospital from the City of Marina and should be considered private and respected. Looking around outside the buildings is fine and you should seek permission to enter any buildings or the stables.


USACE, ERDC, A Smith

USACE, ERDC, A Smith

USACE, ERDC, A Smith


The Official Army Quartermaster completion report page of the C-5 Veterinary Clinic T-3140 building at Fort Ord, Ca. Completed January 30, 1941. (Source: National Archives)


Type C-5 Veterinary Clinic, Building T- 3140, Fort Ord Station Veterinary Hospital taken from 5th Avenue looking northeast


Another shot of the above


Taken from 5th Avenue looking southeast


Taken from inside the Type C-5 Veterinary Clinic, Building T- 3140, looking east at the sliding door. Notice where the horse stocks once were installed on the floor. Lee Stickler taking a look around. Lee was originally in the 76th Field Artillery Regiment (Horse-drawn) and then in the 75th FA Bn (HD) when the 76th was split into 3 battalions.


From left to right: T-3144, C-6 Veterinary Clinic Surgical Building; T-3143, Ward B; T-3142, Ward A; T-3141, Colic Building and T-3140, C-5 Veterinary Clinic. Barrack T-3132 is on the right and cannot be seen. This is a complete Series 700, WW2 Mobilization Building Type, Station Veterinary Hospital built originally to care the horses of the U.S. Army.

Taken from 5th Avenue looking southeast. From front to back: The C-6 building, Ward B, Ward A, the Colic Building and the C-5. Not shown is the three-quarter barrack on the right side of 5th Avenue


Lt. K.J. Hester and Sgt. Weldon Preble check the progress of a horse being treated for Lymphangitis at the Fort Ord Station Hospital. Which means he is having a lot of misery in his left hind leg. (October 9, 1942 Fort Ord Panorama Newspaper) DLIFLC & POM

NOTE: One of the Fort Ord Station Hospital’s Horse stocks is being used.


Return to The Fort Ord U.S. Army Station Veterinary Hospital (Horse) WW2 homepage:

FORT ORD U.S. ARMY STATION VETERINARY HOSPITAL (HORSE) WW2
Click on the below link:
Fort Ord U.S. Army Station Veterinary Hospital (Horse) WW2



Click on the below Homepage links:

11TH CAVALRY PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY, 1919 TO 1940
Click on the below link:
11th Cavalry Presidio of Monterey, 1919 to 1940


76TH FIELD ARTILLERY REGIMENT PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY, 1922 TO 1940
Click on the below link:
76th Field Artillery Regiment, 2nd Battalion


THE ARMY VETERINARY SERVICE DURING THE GREAT WAR, WW1
Click on the below link:
The Army Veterinary Service During the Great War, WW1


SERGEANT LEONARD MURPHY VETERINARY HOSPITAL NO. 18, A.E.F., WW1
Click on the below link:
Sergeant Leonard Murphy Veterinary Hospital No. 18, A.E.F., WW1




U.S. ARMY VETERINARY CORPS HISTORICAL PRESERVATION GROUP

Motto: “Illic est Vires in Numerus” There is Strength in Numbers

“Working Hard to Preserve Our Country’s History wherever it is being lost”

U.S. Army Veterinary Corps Historical Preservation Group is a group of individuals that are concerned about the preservation of the History of the Veterinary Corps, Remount Service and Cavalry or wherever our country’s history is being lost in conjunction with our beloved “Horse and Mule”. There is no cost to join and membership is for life. We believe by uniting together in numbers we will be a more powerful force to be heard. Our membership list is private and only used to contact our members. Email us and become a member.

Greg Krenzelok
gregkrenzelok@msn.com

FACEBOOK: U.S. Army Veterinary Corps Historical Preservation Group

Click on the below link:

U.S. Army Veterinary Corps Historical Preservation Group