Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

THE PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY 1938



This page belongs to greg krenzelok.


image description

image description

The new Soldier Field parade ground and improvement project was started by Colonel Ralph Parker and completed by Colonel Troupe Miller. Image source: HABS No. CA-2266.


Source: Presidio of Monterey 1938, A pictorial Record with Historical Data. Published by the PARKE-HARPER COMPANY, Little Rock, Arkansas. This copy in located at the DLIFLC & POM Archives

Adaptation by Greg Krenzelok

ON THE STAFF
Colonel Troup Miller, Post Commander, Lt. Colonel W. H. W. Youngs, the Executive Officer, and Captain J. M. Glasgow, Adjutant. Captain M. L. Stockton is Intelligence and Plans and Training Officer (S-2; 3). The officer in-charge of supply activities is Major A. H. Seabury (S-4). All statistical activities are handled by the Assistant Adjutant M. V. Pothier, 1st Lieutenant, 76th F.A. Lt. Colonel D. W. McEnery, Medical Corps, is Post Surgeon and, as such, is an important figure on the staff of Colonel Miller. The following make up the Medical Department under Colonel McEnery: Captain F. G. De Busk, Med-Res., 1st Lt. C. H. Schutt, Medical Corps, Lt. Colonel N. A. Harper, Dental Corps, Lt. Colonel R. I. Lovell, Veterinary Corps, Post Veterinarian, and 1st Lt. T. C. Jones, Veterinary Corps. In-charge of the Quartermaster activities is Major W. G. Gooch, Q.M.C., also on the Post Staff. His assistants are Captain E. A. Banning, (FA) Q.M.C., and 1st Lt. C. D. McGowen, Q.M.C.


DLIFLC & POM Archives

COMMANDER'S OF THE 11TH CAVALRY
Link on the below link:
Commanders of the 11th Cavalry

HISTORY OF THE CITY OF MONTEREY
Briefly sketching the history of the City of Monterey, California, we find that the bay was discovered by the sea adventurer, Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo in 1542, who anchored off Moss Landing and claimed the country for Spain. The name he gave Point Pinos (Punta de los Pinos) still clings to that promontory.

Sixty years later, 1602, Don Sebastian Visciano reached Monterey; and the records show that he landed at the mouth of the small creek near the Reservation main gate and gave it the name Carmel. He also named the Santa Lucia Mountains.

The Viceroy of Mexico was the Count of Monte Rey. Mexico at that date was one of the Spanish possessions. The Count being the ruler of the new country, with the idea of starting a pueblo on the shore of the beautiful sheltered bay, Visciano named the place Monte Rey, after the viceroy. About a year later Visciano sailed away.

Then came the famous Captain Gasper de Portola, who marched overland in 1769 from San Diego with sixty-seven men. No records in his possessions revealed to him that he had re-discovered Monte Rey Bay. He proceeded north and discovered the San Francisco Bay, after which he returned to San Diego. Here he reported the beautiful, sheltered harbor north of Los Angeles to Father Junipero Serra and an expedition was organized, part to proceed by ship with the noted priest, and Portola to make the trip overland.

Father Serra arrived at Monterey in 1770, the military post (Presidio) and the Mission San Carlos de Baromeo, were founded with all the ceremonies attending such affairs. Thus was started the permanent occupation of Pueblo de Monte Rey.

In 1776 Monterey became the capitol of California. Since California at that date included Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Wyoming, Idaho, and Utah, as well as the present California, the fame of Monterey was far-flung. The first Constitutional Convention ever held in California was at Monterey, September 3rd to October 13th, 1849, at Colton Hall. Here the eastern boundary of California was set at the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

The military, to protect the Port of Monterey, occupied a group of buildings 500 feet square, and in this square was Mission San Carlos de Baromeo, used as the Royal Presidio Chapel. Today (1938) it is the only Presidio remaining in California, and, incidentally it has been in continuous use since 1795. The barracks, storehouses, and chapel are standing and, along with many of the other original old land-marks, are jealously guarded by a local commission, Colonel Miller, Post Commander of the present Monterey Presidio, being one of the members.


11th Cavalry: Parade on Alvarado Street, downtown Monterey, circa 1930's. DLIFLC & POM Archives

An earthwork, El Castillo, just above the Main Gate dated back to 1795, when it was built and armed. This earthwork participated in the defense of Monterey against General Hypolite Bouchard, a Frenchman, ostensibly in the service of the Argentina Insurgents. General Bouchard arrived in 1818, landed two vessels on Point Pinos, captured and sacked El Castillo and the Pueblo de Monte Rey. The Spanish defenders retreated to Salinas.

When the Republic of Mexico was formed, in 1822, Monterey flew the strange flag of that new nation.

Captain A. P. Catesby Jones, U.S.N., landed at Monterey in 1842 and took Monterey for the United States, but, upon learning that his country was still at peace with Mexico, lowered the Stars and Stripes, replaced the Mexican flag, apologized and withdrew.

On July 2nd, 1846, when Mexico was at war with this country, Commodore John D. Sloat, U.S.N., commanding the navy on the Pacific Coast, having instructions to do so, landed at Monterey unopposed and raised the flag at the Customs House and later at El Castillo. The handsome monument on the Monterey Presidio grounds is in his honor. The corner stone was laid in 1896. The base stones are gifts from different organizations and individuals while the United States Government presented the figures on top. The monument is not far from the Main Gate.

Among the famous names in early California history, who figured in Monterey’s early days, in addition to Sloat, are Commodore R. S. Stockton who succeeded Commodore Sloat, Captain J. C. Fremont who with 160 men arrived late in July 1864 from overland and camped on the outskirts of town; the first Military Governor, General Stephen W. Kearny, Colonel R. B. Mason (who hat Lt. William Tecumseh Sherman for this Adjutant) and General Bennet Riley, who organized the Constitutional Convention of September 1st, 1849, and the general election, before California became a State.


11th Cavalry, parade on Alvarado Street, M1 Scout Cars driving downtown Monterey 1938. DLIFLC & POM Archives

By an Executive Order in 1866, 158 acres were allotted for a permanent military reservation at Monterey. This was reduced to 140 acres by an error in the survey. In 1902, with many troops returning from the Philippine Islands, the reservation was occupied by Captain E. H. Plummer, and construction of the present post begun.

By 1906 the size of the reservation was increased by purchases to 398 acres, its present size. And then, in 1917, purchase was made from the David Jacks Estate, of 15,809 acres, known as the Gigling Area, the estate retaining the timber rights. In 1936 the government brought these timber rights for 25,000 dollars and Gigling Area is under the Presidio Post Commander.

There is a monument to the memory of Father Junipero Serra, about 150 yards north of the Main Gate, on the point of the hill. It was built by Mrs Jane Stanford.

The City of Monterey has a population of about ten thousand (1938). It is one hundred and twenty-five miles south of San Francisco, reached by automobile or bus over the world’s finest boulevards, or by railroad. Its climate is mild, described as “spring the entire year,” and its architecture and atmosphere is Spanish, perhaps more than any city on the Pacific Coast. Adjoining it, also on the shore of the Monterey Bay is Pacific Grove with about eight thousand home loving people, fine schools and churches of many denominations.

Fishing and the canning of fish, forms a major industry at Monterey. Tourists from all parts of the world visit the section, which in addition to historic Monterey and Presidio; Pacific Grove and its charming scenery and climate; has a famed artist’ colony, Carmel, noted for its sand dunes, wild flowers, and rustic homes for the well-to-do; and Hotel Del Monte noted for its grounds, its quiet, genteel atmosphere, its famous hostelry and its golf, polo and other recreational facilities.



11th Cavalry: Group officers photo at Soldiers Field, Presidio of Monterey, Ca., 1937. Colonel Troup Miller in the center. DLIFLC & POM Archives

HISTORY 11TH CAVALRY 1938 PRESIDIO
The 11th Cavalry was organized at Fort Meyer, Va., March 11th, 1901. An act of Congress of February 2nd, 1901, had made this possible. Francis Moore was the first colonel of the regiment, a distinguished veteran of the Civil, Indian and Spanish-American wars. He was a man of exceptional integrity and ability.

In the winter of 1901-2 the regiment moved to the Philippine Islands, the First Squadron via San Francisco, and the balance of the regiment via New York and the Suez Canal. The First Squadron went to Samar, the 2nd Squadron Batangas, where it took part in the Malvar Campaign, and the 3rd Squadron to Northern Luzon. Subsequently the 2nd Squadron was moved to LLocos Sur, and the 1st Squadron to station south of Dagupan. Colonel Moore was promoted to the grade of Brigadier General in 1903, and Colonel Earl D. Thomas was assigned to the regiment.

In August 1906 the regiment participated in the Riley Maneuvers, and while so engaged was ordered to proceed (less the 1st Squadron) to Cuba as part of the Army of Occupation. Upon arrival in Cuba the Headquarters and 3rd Squadron were stationed at Pinar Del Rio, and 2nd Squadron at Camp Columbia.

In 1907 Colonel Thomas was promoted to the grade of Brigadier General and James Parker was assigned as colonel of the Eleventh.

The regiment sailed from Cuba February 25th, 1909, and arrived in the United States in time to participate in the inaugural parade for President Taft. It then proceeded to its new station, Fort Oglethorpe, Ga., being joined soon afterwards by the 1st Squadron, from Fort Ethan Allen, to which post it has been moved from Fort Des Moines.

During the Mexican border trouble in 1911, the regiment was moved to the mobilization camp at Fort Sam Houston, Texas, remaining there until November 1911, when it returned to Fort Oglethorpe.


11th Cavalry: on parade in San Antonia, Texas 1911. DLIFLC & POM Archives

In 1913 Colonel Parker was promoted to Brigadier General, and Colonel James Lockett was assigned to the regiment. During the six years that Colonel Parker commanded the regiment a very high standard of efficiency, particularly in all mounted work, was maintained. He encouraged not only polo, horse shows, and mounted field meets, but also the formation of the 11th Cavalry Hunt Club, with its pack of English hounds. One each Wednesday morning, from November 1st. to March 31st., there was a regular scheduled hunt, which all officers and many of the ladies attended. The natural result was that life in the regiment centered around the horse.

In June 1913, the regiment proceeded by marching to the Cavalry Camp at Winchester, Va., where it participated in the tryouts of the tentative drill regulations. At the conclusion of the camp, the entire command marched to Washington, D.C., where it was reviewed by President Wilson. The regiment then returned to Fort Oglethorpe by rail.

In 1914-15 Troop G, 11th Cavalry, Captain Leon B. Kromer, commanding conducted the experimental test for the Cavalry to determine to what degree of proficiency recruits, with no previous training could be brought in one year. Its work brought the warmest commendation of Major General Leonard Wood, who, as Chief of Staff of the Army, had directed that the test be made.

In May 1914 the regiment was moved to Colorado to assist in preserving law and order, returning to its station in January 1915.

Among the officers of the regiment at this time were Major Frank G. Marshall, (Brigadier General , 1918) – now deceased), and Lieutenant James A. Shannon, killed in action during World War I.

Poncho Villa’s raid in Columbus, New Mexico, in the early days of March 1916, brought the 11th Cavalry to the field again. On the 11th of March, the day the regiment held its annual celebration of the signing of its morning report, warning orders were received from the War Department, and the movement began the next morning. The regiment detrained at Columbus, New Mexico, on March 16th and 17th, and became part of General Pershing’s Punitive Expedition.

Orders were received to march to Colonia Dublan, Mexico, one hundred and nineteen miles south. On March 17th, 1916, the 1st Squadron, Lieutenant Colonel (now Major General) Henry T. Allen, commanding, entered Mexico, preceding the balance of the regiment by a day’s march. The 1st Squadron arrived at Colonia Dublan on March 21st, 1916, and the regiment the following day.

On March 24, 1916 a provisioned squadron of the 11th Cavalry under the command of Major (now General) Robert L. Howze, left Colonia Dublan for the south, under special instructions from General Pershing. On April 15th, Major Howze’ Squadron joined Colonel Brown’s command at Santa Cruz de Villegras.

Since leaving Columbus on March 17th, Major Howze’ command had traveled six hundred and ninety-one miles, a greater part over difficult mountain trails, some of which as rough as had ever been passed over by any American Cavalry. This command encountered the Villistas at different small towns en route, and defeated them, losing one man killed.

Commenting on the march from Colonia Dublan to Parral, the New York World said:

“Among many instances of achievements since troops entered Mexico, one to the lasting credit of the men stands out among the rest, at the time when two-hundred and eighty men of the Eleventh Cavalry, cut loose from all communication on the desert march. On an issue of five days rations the column marched in twenty-one days, five hundred and seventy-one miles, only one hundred miles less than the distance from Paris to Berlin. The country through which they marched is a desert waste. It afforded no fodder, and only at long intervals water for the horses. There were no roads; at best only un-traveled mountain trails. During the entire march they were beyond the reach of relief. They fought several engagements and had only one man killed. It is to be doubted if there are cavalrymen in all of the armies of Europe capable of equaling this feat.”

The regiment was then withdrawn to the camp at San Antonio, Mexico, where it remained until May 4-5, when six troops under Major Howze made a night march to Ojos Azules, arriving there at 5:45 a.m., May 5th, surprising the Villista leaders Julio Acosta, Cruz Domingus, and Antonio Angel, killed forty-two, captured several men and between fifty and seventy-five ponies. Not a cavalryman was wounded, although several bullets passed through their clothing and equipment.

On March 30th a provisional squadron under Lieutenant Colonel Henry T. Allen, left on a mission similar to that of Major Mowze. He marched to Namaquipa, thence to Rancho Laguna in pursuit of Lopez, but missed him by a few hours. After marching sixteen consecutive marches without a break of a single day, he received instructions to march to Parral, fifty-seven miles distant. Colonel Allen started the march at once, marching throughout the night, and after twenty-two hours on the road reached Parral, on the morning of April 15th, a few hours before Major Howze’s squadron arrived.

On April 21st the two squadrons with Colonel Allen in command moved north to San Antonio, Mexico. Another squadron under Major Jenkins distinguished itself by hard marching. At Ortego the squadron encountered a bandit force, drove them back, inflicting a few casualties. This squadron also went to the relief of two troops of the Tenth Cavalry, which had been engaged at Carrozal, rescuing an officer and twenty men.

The last day of January 1917 the regiment left Palomas where the Expeditionary forces assembled prior to the withdrawal from Mexico. On February 5th, 1917, the Eleventh Cavalry, as part of the Punitive Expedition crossed the Mexican border at Columbus, New Mexico, and on the following day proceeded by marching to Camp Steward, El Paso, Texas, arriving there on the ninth.

On May 23rd, 1917, the regiment left El Paso for Chicamauga Park, Ga., where it went into camp. Approximately two-thirds of its officers and men were transferred June 21st, for the organization of two new regiments, the 22nd and 23rd Cavalry, which were later changed to the 80th and 81st Field Artillery.

Early in 1918 Regimental Headquarters, Machine Gun and Supply Troops, and Third Squadron were ordered to Fort Meyer, Virginia.

At Fort Myer, Va., where the regiment was ordered in June, they carried on the usual training activities of a cavalry regiment and also met the responsibilities connected with the Summer Training Camps.

On July 9th, 1919 they left Fort Myer, Va., where the regiment was ordered in June, they carried on the usual training activities of a cavalry regiment and also met the responsibilities connected with the Summer Training Camps.

On July 9th, 1919, they left Fort Myer for the Presidio of Monterey, California. At this picturesque Post, one hundred and twenty-five miles south of San Francisco, they are located today.


11th Cavalry, 17 Mile Drive gathering, circa early 1920’s. DLIFLC & POM Archives

An unusual performance was the work of the 11th Cavalry and other units of the Post, in fighting the fire, which destroyed the oil tanks and plant of the Associated Oil Company, on September 14th, 15th, and 16th, 1924. The burning oil endangered the city. During this time the troops worked day and night. Two members of the garrison were burned to death, one of them being Private First Class George Bolio, Headquarters Troop, Eleventh Cavalry. The citizens of Monterey were most appreciative of the service rendered them by the officers and men of the Post.

In 1925 all organizations of this regiment competed in the Cavalry Pistol Team Competition, National Rifle Association, which was won by the team representing Troop F. The gold medals awarded to this team by the National Rifle Association were presented to them at the regimental parade April 1st, 1926.

The Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Corporation presented this regiment with two beautiful cups, the “Big Parade” trophy and the “Ben Hur” trophy. The Big Parade trophy was competed for December 23rd – 30th, 1925, open to all enlisted men in this regiment. A committee of all the first sergeants of this regiment drew up the plans for this competition. The course started at the three hundred yard firing point, competitors mounted at the signal, rode at any gait to the two hundred firing point, dismounted, tied their horses on a ground picket line, took their rifles and fired five shots at their own target. After competitors finished firing five shots they returned to their horses, mounted and rode over a number of obstacles to the pistol range where they fired seven shots at their own targets, either mounted or dismounted; then mounted, drew saber, and ran through the saber course to the finishing point. The time limit was fifteen minutes; time and scores to count for place. First place and trophy was won by Sergeant John J. Clark, Troop “E”; second by Private F.M. Agnew, Troop “C”.

All of the officers of this regiment competed for the Ben Hur Trophy, December 24th, 1925, over a course six miles long, with fifteen obstacles, including slides, ditches, banks, water, a stone wall and log jumps; time limit fifty minutes. At the finish of the course each competitor took a strange rifle, and fired five shots at an A target, at three hundred yards, from a sitting position. Time limit was one minute. First place and trophy was won by Major Sloan Doak; Captains D.C. Hawley and R.E. Craig tied for second place.

Reading a report of 1926:

“At this Post the climate permits training every day in the year and with the presence of the 2nd Battalion, 76th Field Artillery in the Post the availability at any time of airplanes from Crissy Field, afford unusual opportunities for combined training which have been taken advantage of. In sports, special interest is taken in mounted field meets, horse shows, mounted competitions and polo.”

During 1929 the 11th Cavalry performed the unusual garrison duties. On January 15th, the Horse Show and mounted Field Meet was held at the Post. This was held again on March 27th. All organizations participated in the filming of the motion picture “Troopers Three”, from September 15th to 30th. The annual Mounted Field meet of the 11th Cavalry was held at the Polo Field, Del Monte, California, and presentation of trophies to winning organizations was made by Tiffany Stahl Productions.

The year 1930 the regiment less the detachment stationed at Fort Rosecrans, California, and less the Band, marched to Gigling Reservation and engaged in tactical maneuvers for the annual tactical inspection by the Corps Area Commander. And on April 24th, the Band, 11th Cavalry, entrained for Fresno, California, and participated in the annual Raison Growers’ Festival, returning to the Post April 26th.

June 15th, 1931, R.O.T.C. Camp opened at the Presidio of Monterey, consisting of nine officers and five enlisted men, with one hundred and eighty students. Preparation for annual C.M.T.C. Camps was made, both at the Presidio and Camp Del Monte, California.

On December 13th, 1935, a review was held in honor of the Secretary of War.

A mounted review and inspection by Major General Upton Birne, Jr., was held at the Presidio on June 1st, 1936.

With the exception of a caretaking detachment of the 11th Cavalry, the officers and enlisted men of the Presidio left for San Francisco on June 1st, 1937, to participate in the Golden Gate Bridge Fiesta.

The 4th Army maneuvers were held at San Louis Obispo and the march was made so as to arrive August 7th, 1937. The march started on August 1st, and the first night was spent at Camp Ord. The following day’s march ended at Gonzales. On August 3rd they reached King City. From there to San Louis Obispo, via San Lucas and Bradley, Templeton and Morro Beach took four more days. A number of interesting photographs were made by various enlisted men and officers on this notable trip.

A sound picture, entitled “Sergeant Murphy” was made on the Presidio of Monterey grounds in the Fall of 1937. Two stars, Mary Maguire and Ronald Reagan, of Warner Brother’s Studio, were used. The interesting preview was held at the War Department Theater on the Post, on December 18th, 1937.


image description


ROSTERS, 11TH CAVALRY, 2ND CAVALRY DIVISION, PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY, 1938


HEADQUARTERS TROOP

COMMANDING
Captain Frank G. Trew

1ST LIEUTENANT
Donald O. Vars

MASTER SERGEANTS
Carl Pearson
Herman Lenke

FIRST SERGEANT
Michael Creighton

TECHNICAL SERGEANTS
Charles Rubin
Roland H. Mapes

STAFF SERGEANTS
Jacob F. May
Howard E. Mathis
Clarence F. King

SERGEANTS
Charley G. Neal
James Adamson
Jacob S. Bryant
John A. Seaton
Martin C. Jensen
Norman S. Heller
Lee S. Felix
William F. Stimax
Martin L. Kling
Edward J. Clark
Ulysses V. Watts
Yaro Vodicka
James MacNamara
John C. Wachtel

CORPORALS
Clair E. Snouffer
Charles E. Reid
William C. Clark
Frederick A. Yates
George R. Race
Paul D. Lobo
Claud R. Kanehl
Walstein S. Connally

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
Thomas F. Burke
Alex Brodnorosky
William H. Bryant
Louis M. Beckley
William J. Dillon
Berdell S. Freeman
Gilbert B. Gabbert
Marion D. Miller
Clarence S. Meines
Leon J. Bryant
Gerald F. Fetzer
Edward A. McFadden
Paul S. Laman
Buckley L. Cranston
Mike Kinderski
Clarence P. Stephens
George E. Jacobs
Edwin V. Bain
Albert F. Carter
James E. Snethen
Robert E. Juvenal
Henry E. Gaucher
Dale Keller
Daniel A. Dixon
Eulogio Reyes
Edward P. Beauclaire
Lonzo S. Grizzle
Jack Payne
John King
Joseph Perry
Lewis G. Johnston
William T. Rippeth

PRIVATES
Edward F. Crider
Albert A. Wagner
Clyde Garver
Mortimer D. Ralph
George Comroe
William H. Scholes
Donald W. Unger
John Dammen
Charles Masiakowski
Albert A. Ruiz
Harvey W. Bogardus
Joe E. Pierson
Alfred C. Settrini
Paul D. Williams
George P. Guth
Kenneth L. Pool
Joseph C. Scelzi
Herbert A. Harvey
Frank Wibking
Herschel A. Yancey
Orian A. Underwood
James Fleming
Julius Streck
Harry Wright
Donald A. Lund
Loran Fowler
Leonard S. Williams

(91 men in Headquarters Troop)


MACHINE GUN TROOP, 11TH CAVALRY, 2ND CAVALRY DIVISION

COMMANDING
Captain J. Thompson

1ST LIEUTENANT
Travis L. Petty

2ND LIEUTENANT
Wilfred H. Tetley

1ST SERGEANT
M. Berasley

SERGEANTS
E. A. Fink
L. A. Waite
R. C. Stark
R. S. Hahn
Patrick Cannon
L. E. Neville
Elmer Blough

CORPORALS
V. E. Marsden
L. A. Maddux
E. C. Taylor
G. J. Carter
R. W. Williams
G. E. Matthews
A. Edge
W. C. Portwood

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
E. R. McDowell
J. A. Bateman
J. Barr
N. Halverson
H. N. Pearson
E. L. Wordley
C. R. Webb
H. M. Root
T. W. Samsel
F. A. Socci
J. D. Walker
J. W. Flaig
W. J. Fiburn
J. Murray
D. Courtney
L. V. Cakins
Jack H. Foster - not sure of spelling
J. A. Soloslzski – not sure of spelling

PRIVATE
R. S. Colby
W. E. Thomson
E. J. Blackmun
O. Hensley
F. D. Collins
F. Blackanic Jr.
J. A. Knepher
H. A. Ham
L. C. Haxby
H. L. Moore
A. D. Hunt
D. R. Sanchez
C. E. Lundquest
J. A. Brown
H. C. Bates
K. D. Sneed
M. J. Kelley
J. P. Higgins
H. G. Strasburg
C. N. Maslac
P. A. Mecham
D. F. Mecham
A. G. Wietrick
R. W. Branstetter
A. C. Laspina
J. S. Hrusik
L. R. Watson
A. P. Wright
R. E. Starnes
J. W. Moor
E. E. Hyde
F. J. Maier
Ray H. Hafer
George H. Ostrand
Woodrow W. Sharpe
L. F. Albury

Machine Gun Troop’s mascot dog: “CORPORAL GUNNER”

(74 men in Machine Troop)


“A” TROOP, 11TH CAVALRY, 2ND CAVALRY DIVISION


11th Cavalry: Review with Lt. Perry B. Griffith “A” Troop, 11th Cavalry, circa 1937-38. DLIFLC & POM Archives


11th Cavalry: Camp Gigling march on horseback. Sgt. Thomas Sapash, “A” Troop, circa 1937-38. DLIFLC & POM Archives. Note: look at roster below for Sgt. Thomas Sapash. The archives have several of Sgt. Sapash's pictures.

COMMANDING
Captain Phillip B. Shotwell

1ST LIEUTENANT
Perry B. Griffith

2ND LIEUTENANTS
Thomas D. Gillis
Edward C. Heuss, Cav-Res

1ST SERGEANT
Joseph Graham

SERGEANTS
Fred Eisenhart
John Bucchino
Thomas Collier
Thomas Sapash
Gregory Tzitzicas
Marcus S. Gaddy

CORPORALS
Reynolds L. Reim
Arthur J. Anderson
Kenneth M. Mustard
Clarence E. Shipman
Tony Pina
Harry A. Schuldt
Robert J. Zimmerman
Peter Callahan
John R. Fowler
William Davis
Morris J. Grossman

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
Donald E. Vermillion
Leonard E. Peterson
Charles A. Vincent
Jack A. Hanna
David A. Bullock
Richard L. Bynum
Daniel B. Bulebor
David A. Clark
George A. Rogers Jr.
William E. Loder
Kenneth J. Moore
Fay S. Knox
William T. Carroll
John R. Barrett
Edward W. Slack
William B. Faubion
Abraham Fladeland
Eugene M. Freitas
Oscar Isheim

PRIVATES
Nick R. Bartoldo
Earl C. Jones
Harvey E. Macomber
William T. Baker
John B. Duda
Clifton C. Pottorff
Courtney L. Durrett
William P. Witten
Lyle K. Shores
Ralph E. O’Neill
Robert A. Huffman
Francis Tocci
Charles R. Jones
Robert M. Bliss
Erick I. Erickson
Frank A. Hoffer
Harold E. Kendall
Earl D. Draper
Charles W. Dowell
Carroll S. Turner
Victor A. Stanger
John E. Turnbow
Richard Hurley
John P. Davis
Lewis L. McKiddy
George F. Diehl
Dalton L. Dodson
John W. Amstead
Jesse Banks
John P. Morrison
Jack T. Lowry
John T. Wibking
Alvin L. Percival
Frank O. McColligan
Frank Krob
Parmer W. Stevenson
Julio Alvarez
Melbourne M. Hamilton

Troop “A” mascot dog: “PETER THE GREAT”

(79 men in A Troop)


“B” TROOP, 11TH CAVALRY, 2ND CAVALRY DIVISION


11th Cavalry: “B” Troop group photo officers and enlisted men. Presidio of Monterey, Ca., Circa 1930's, DLIFLC & POM Archives


11th Cavalry: “B” Troop, five sets of brothers mounted. Presidio of Monterey, Ca., Circa 1930's, DLIFLC & POM Archives

COMMANDING
Captain Egon R. Tausch

2ND LIEUTENANTS
John H. Daly
Meyer A. Edwards
Samuel A. Martin

1ST SERGEANT
Stephen J. Austolief

SERGEANTS
Albert L. Hettrich
Godfrey F. Maurin
Frank Ambrogio
David Lewis
Victor Shantz

CORPORALS
Norman J. Boudreau
William M. Burns
Charles E. Hurtt
John M. Cassidy
William Costa
Erwin B. Casebolt
Clinton B. Bright
Amadeo J. Jacobelli
Jack D. Oakley
Alva Hall

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
Robert W. Lange
William T. Hayner
Fred Madsen
Edward P. Farek
Charles W. Arnold
William I. Priest
Laurence D. Bickfort
William T. Van Noy
Nicholas Pennucci
Lawrence W. Jarrett
William D. Tyler
William K. Hurlburt
Cecil J. McHugh
Charles B. Long
Louis M. Wright
James E. Berry
Lewis A. Town
Andy Schneider
Allen B. Phares
Anthony H. Jansen

PRIVATES
Jesse W. Jones
Otto D. Hilton
John A. Harju
Frederick Belisario
Eugene O. Norbek
Marcus W. Owen
Clyde D. Wizner
Clifford R. Sjoberg
James E. Robinette
Henry G. Collins
Eldon B. Grable
Frank R. McWhorter
Wilbur Temple
George E. Campbell
Norman C. Gleason
John A. Giuffrida
Francis L. Welsh
Dwight L. Hammond
Ralph J. Mills
Howard V. Weimer
Martin K. Swain
Louis A. Ferralis
Harold F. Bertrand
Richard C. Merrill
Keith W. Blair
Alton W. Chaney
David B. King
Clarence L. Ping
Raymond Klimper
Ray C. Miller
Russell F. Huggins
Erin M. McGreevy
Robert D. Carroll
Kenneth I. Sentner
William J. McCullough
Orval Blackmore
Jerry Marek
Earl Baldwin
Edward S. Gibson

(79 men in B Troop)


PVT. EDWARD HAROLD DYKE, B TROOP, 11TH CAVALRY 1936-37
Click on the below link:
Pvt. Edward Harold Dyke, B Troop, 11th Cavalry 1937


“E” TROOP, 11TH CAVALRY, 2ND CAVALRY DIVISION


11th Cavalry, "E" Troop in front of barracks, 1930’s, Presidio of Monterey, Ca., (note: probably the early 1930’s), DLIFLC & POM Archives

COMMANDING
Captain Lyman L. Judge

2ND LIEUTENANTS
Cecil Himes
Joseph Kazerman, Cav-Res

1ST SERGEANT
Thomas P. Farrel

SERGEANTS
Henry Ross
Eldridge McCormack
George J. Hannan
Neil V. McCarron
Elbert A. Black
Lewis Francisco
William L. Craft

CORPORALS
Buford T. Dougherty
Dayle R. Lantz
Peter J. Smith
Ivan M. Schmitz
Carl Trick
Pleasant E. Bickers
Cecil T. Clary
George H. Barnes
Richard R. Knoles
Carl R. Karr

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
Walter H. Sikorski
Daniel Caffery
Joseph M. Nowicki
Robert S. Hirsch
Donald Adams
Francis F. Forcier
William Keeler
John Ramundo
Kenneth B. Kier
David W. Durfee
James J. Davis
Tillman H. Nycum
Lafayette Watson
Wayne C. Raphael
Andrew F. M. Hankes
Joseph Mello Jr.
Roy H. Harris
Richard F. Morgan
Joseph De Marco

PRIVATES
Cyril Behrens
Carlton W. Rambo
Robert C. Pittman
James J. Ohlert
William R. Hume
Ralph D. Bumcrot
Charles A. Hood
Walter M. Hammon
Floyd D. Racy
Alfonso M. Trujillo
Gilbert J. Vig
Eugene R. Kluender
Arthur E. Smith
Harold W. Tuller
Monroe E. Merritt
Gonzalo Verdugo
Vernon S. Hammond
Robert J. Cooksey
James Holmes
Gordon E. Ross
Vernon H. Schultz
Herbert Schlueter
Harold W. Berard
Virgil M. Harger
Arthur O. Routhier
Albert Comroe
Clarence R. Tapscott
George E. Knowlton
Donald W. Gibson
Eugene Bradley
Glen Stewart
Ralph Stockton
Marshall King
Victor Vernieuw
Claude Olvera
Leo N. Wood
Robert L. Wetzler
Alfred Gattavara

Troop “E” mascot dog: “TROOPER”

(78 men in E Troop)


“F” TROOP, 11TH CAVALRY, 2ND CAVALRY DIVISION

COMMANDING
1st. Lieutenant Frederic W. Barnes

2ND LIEUTENANTS
Dan S. Nelson, Cav-Res
Robert G. Ferguson

SERGEANTS
George R. McKinley
Roland O. Nelson
William T. Thompson
Henry C. Barnes
Arthur G. Gayne
James V. Nash
Julius Selinger

CORPORALS
Glenn L. Lumley
Carl E. Logan
George C. Moseley
Floyd M. Leines
Kenneth O. Walby
Ivan W. Larsen
Roy N. Lewis
Elmer E. Rose
Robert B. Seney
Harry E. Smith

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
Jack W. Lynch
Edwin Besson
James C. McColm
Charles F. Strand
Raymond W. Beckman
Clinton Van Gordan
Robert L. Whitely
Alf H. Jensen
Daniel Ossa
Amuel G. Goen
Harold Brower
Carl T. Jorgensen
Maxie G. Edwards
Francis M. Gilman
Ruben B. Riley

PRIVATES
Carl W. Hunter
Don R. Kline
Harry C. Henderson
John H. Mitchell
Chester E. Dunn
Francis L. Clarke
Joseph W. Dunagan
James L. Pratt
John J. Koltzen
Donald G. Metje
Bernard C. Nowlen
Robert J. Stanton
Charles F. Terry
Carl L. Dodd
Norman E. Dillon
George H. Duckworth
Joseph Greco
Lindsey F. Highsmith
Delmar Parcher
John S. Blanchard
Donald S. Redick
Merton E. Sweetland
Douglas E. Higginbotham
Merle F. Underhill
Edwin Jorgensen
Charles V. Deering
Harold E. Burkam
Thompson L. Joyner
George E. Stewart
Thomas B. Pitts

Troop “F” mascot dog: “COOKIE”

(65 men in F Troop)


ELEVENTH CAVALRY BAND


11th Cavalry band, Presidio of Monterey, Ca., Circa 1920's. DLIFLC & POM Archives

BAND LEADER
Crockett Baxter, Warrant Officer

TECHNICAL SERGEANT
George Wurst

STAFF SERGEANT
George Thams

SERGEANTS
Linwood G. Dozier
Carl W. Heyne
Frank E. Kirby
Dante C. Perfumo

CORPORALS
Russell Baker
Roger P. Moore

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
Joseph A. Baudouin
James A. Beall
Morey Block
Morley A. Burke
Walter S. Clark
Hulbert O. Dean
Stanley H. Health
John C. Hulphers
Asher E. Kulpako
David C. Lindsey
Eustaquio Mendez
Manuel V. Cantu
Albert D. Fallows
Herbert C. Nelson
Carlo M. Micalizio
Ralph R. Ossa
Alfred J. Pechar

PRIVATES
Holly R. Summers
John Canestre
Henry B. Guernsey

11th Cavalry Band’s mascot dog: “KING”

(29 men in the band)


ROSTER, 2ND BATTALION, 76TH FIELD ARTILLERY, PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY 1938 (3RD DIVISION)


The complete 76th Field Artillery, 2nd Battalion at the Presidio of Monterey, circa 1930's. On the right background are the officer's club and flagstaff. Officers housing in background. DLIFLC & POM Archives

Note: It appear this picture was taken before Soldier Field was improved in 1935-1936 when Depression-era relief program crews leveled the sloping grounds into two separate fields, erected a reviewing stand, and built stone retaining walls with pilasters and a drainage system around its perimeter.

Source: Historic American Buildings Survey, HABS No. CA-2266 report.

HEADQUARTERS BATTERY

COMMANDING
Captain Claude A. Billingsley

1ST LIEUTENANT
Howard M. Batson

MASTER SERGEANT
James A Reagan

1ST SERGEANT
Fred C. Fischer

STAFF SERGEANTS
Geo R. Hutton
Wm. R. Kelly
Harry L. Palmer

SERGEANTS
A.R. Brilo
Frank Byrd
Michael J. Camino
Joe V. Crumpley
Jack Farrell
Wm. P. Fuller
Hugh F. Harlin
Leslie S. Reuter
Erich R. Schurman
Melvin L. Snyder

CORPORALS
John H. Dees
Richard C. Grubbs
Odess C. Hogan
Charles E. Litzinger
E. F. Nighan
Joseph J. Petrac
Howard W. Triplett
Percy C. Warner

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
Raymond A. Adams
Hawkins Aldridge
Lyle G. Alexander
Clyde P. Campbell
Frank W. Cordaro
Merida R. Couch
Leonard V. Crowder
Raymond H. Davidson
L. H. Dull
John E. Fissel
Dale A. Glaubitz
Thomas J. Glynn
Remy W. Griffin
Donald L. Hagans
Harold R. Hall
Clarence A. Haney
Bob T. Hays
James A. Henderson
Raymond S. Hylton
Hollie Mayberry
Howard T. Nance
Henry H. Northington
John Pylack
Charles A. Salmans
Wm. E. Shane
Ewald Spehling
Stephen O. Standock
James A. Witte
David E. Wright

PRIVATES
Jose G. Ancheta
Donald S. Anderson
Fred Barber
Robert G. Bridges
Richard R. Brown
LeRoy C. Burstrom
John H. Cobb
John Didbarzdis
Leslie Edwards
Phillip K. Felton
Henry L. Garrick
Leonard Gelman
Daniel N. Gettinger
Harold Gottlieb
Oran T. Gregory
Gorden R. Husar, Jr.
Frank Keorkle, Jr.
Hugh A. Martin
George M. Miller
Roy A. Paine
Ray Roberts
Fred H. Schwanke
Fred Souza
James H. Stevenson, Jr.
Daniel R. Stewart
Earl P. Wagoner
Troy W. White
Howard C. Dunagan

(83 men in Headquarters Battery)



76th Field Artillery Mounted Color Guard 1930's in review on Soldier Field, Presidio of Monterey, Ca. Note: in the middle background behind the flags in the guardhouse, building no. 8 and far left corner is barrack no. 12 and the finance building, building no. 17. DLIFLC & POM Archives


“D” BATTERY, 2ND BATTALION, 76TH FIELD ARTILLERY

COMMANDING
Captain Charles B. Leinbach

CAPTAIN
Captain Howard J. John

2ND LIEUTENANTS
Joseph H. Hodges
Robert A. Ranzoni, F.A. – Res.

1ST SERGEANT
Dewey F. Seipt

SERGEANTS
Walter S. Smentek
Dorsey B. Bosseman
Clarence E. Helton
Frank Azevedo
Leon J. Barat
Howard L. Strother
Romie M. Huges

Mike Mahar – Enlisted May 22, 1917 and has never left the 76th F.A. He was in the Five Battles they were prominent in, in the World War. He has been a sergeant for 18 years.

Orville B. Mattingly
Andrew M. Nossal

CORPORALS
Frank R. Luther
Clarence W. Durham
Cyril V. Wethington
Johnnie J. Walker
Ralph J. Lubensky
Joseph Gregory
Luther P. Fahringer
Michael J. Casper
John Straub
Clyde Ellis
H. E. Collins

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
Walter L. Smith
Chester C. Getty
Melvin E. Newcomb
Junior M. Swayne
Romeo E. St. Denis
James W. Walston
Christ Benner
Perl G. Wilfong
William C. Bogumill
Herman G. Mapes
Edward L. Gerts
Burch A. Dyer
George Couste
Norbert C. Boncher
Louie Jauregui
Howard T. Brill
William A. Bodie
Glenn H. Goodnight
Walter J. Bollech
Walter J. Wood
Harvey D. Fessenden
Robt. E. Abshier
Samuel A. Woodward
Carl L. Walker
Marvin D. Dahl
Ralph M. Ritter
Clarence P. Armstrong
Pohn C. Kingsepp (as spelt on the roster)
Cecil H. Smith
Clarence R. Dresser
John Carty
Charles Lingle
Hubert W. Dunwoodie
F. T. Kramer

PRIVATES
Herbert G. Ives
Vernon A. Cabral
Jack F. Kincaid
Ogle B. Poteet
David B. Belmont
Harley V. DuPuis
Charles C. Collins
Charles F. Elmore
Clover Cummings
Pedro N. Guardado
George E. Robinson
Robert O. Griffin – note: we are in contact with family
Delbert M. Wiseman
Maxwell M. Taylor
William F. Robbins
Howard R. Rogers
Robert T. Hensley
Lester L. Corum
Robert W. Gregg
John P. Jones
Edward G. Le Brun
Julius A. Vasko
Arthur Verley
Robert Rittenhouse
Oscar G. Soresen
Albert N. Beezley
Arthur L. Worsham
William H. Marston
Marvin L. Watterhouse
Nicholas A. Ewen
Robert L. Tutton
Jack W. Goin
Art Cole
Robert Klein
John L. Wood
Thomas R. McGinnis
F. A. Smith
Herman J. Albert
Louis Montoya
John Ferry
Vernon L. Quick
Ernest R. Collins

(103 men in D Battery)


“E” BATTERY, 2ND BATTALION, 76TH FIELD ARTILLERY

COMMANDING
Captain James M. Callicutt

1ST LIEUTENANT
Mathew V. Pothier

2ND LIEUTENANTS
Robert H. Strauss
Thea L. Lipscomb
Robert Fullerton, III, F.A.- Res.
Mendell M. Bell, F.A.- Res.

1ST SERGEANT
Benjamin G. Norwood

SERGEANTS
Felix Kellum
Phillip Martin
Herbert L. Lowe
Arnold C. Laycock
Cecil B. White
Frank A. Miller
Bernhard Fengel
Enfield A. Simonton
Robert L. Awalt

CORPORALS
Ruel Marchbanks
Claud D. Morris
Richard Anesi
Walter N. Castanedo
Anthony T. Bredenberg
John K. Dunlap
Henry Sturbant
Richard G. Black

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
I. V. Dark, Jr.
Louis L. Ludwig
Jack L. LaBreacht
William M. McKinley
Reginald J. Miller
Mak Goumer
Elmer F. Waterhouse
Willard T. Branson
Gordon B. Mikkelson
Louis Moralez
Kenneth F. Sweeney
George H. B. Granger
Arthur D. Grody
William L. Birch
Bruce D. Buskett
James R. Dameron
Alfred H. Carpenter
George W. Severs
Emmet M. Woods
Jack D. Kinnison
Joseph J. Baker
Clarence H. Bittick
Grady Gosnell
James H. Golden
Jack S. McCall
George G. Burgoon
Rowland T. White
Gardner C. Bromley
John O’Brien
Robert McKean
John M. Neff
Albert A. Rice
Lucius D. Remington
Talbert North
Albert H. Schuster
Lawson W. Land

PRIVATES
Earl T. Combs
Rogers DePietro
Olonzo H. Smith
Rex Kalmbach
Charles A. Crawford
William A. Stubblefield
Melvin E. Duvall
Frank L. Faucett
John Harvey
Robert G. Mills
Robert W. Clements
Marvin D. Morris
Francis J. Ahern
Frank E. Barrett
Gilbert W. Schaefer
Lovine M. Hannibal
Emery J. Koske
Gordon L. Wallace
Jack C. Rookhuyzen
Merlin E. Gemmingen
Don V. Jones
Garl A. Wilson
Abner Jones
Paul S. Hemphill
Francisco B. Garcia
John N. Thompson
Harold L. Davy
Leslie J. Mendenhall
Bernard B. Burklund
Johnnie B. Pearson
Kenneth A. Burch
John Meza
Basil Fletcher
Frank Alexander
Harry M. Shirk
W. E. Stein
Edward J. Ford

(97 men in E Battery)


SERVICE SECTION, 2ND BATTALION, 76TH FIELD ARTILLERY

COMMANDING
Captain Hubert M. Cole

STAFF SERGEANT
J. D. Cornell

CORPORALS
W. D. Brown
C. L. Stevens

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS

H. A. Brown
C. I. Ervin
M. Herbert
H. C. Kruse
B. S. Shuping
G. H. Sweeney

PRIVATES
H. G. Bergman
T. W. Bohin
T. T. Crandell
H. W. Driggs
H. L. Golien
F. W. Kee
L. A. Macy
L. B. Showalter

(18 in Service Section)


ROSTER, DETACHMENT, QUARTERMASTER CORPS, PRESIDIO 1938

POST QUARTERMASTER
Major Will G. Gooch, Q.M.C.

COMMANDING
Captain Edward A. Banning, (F.A.) Q.M.C.

1ST LIEUTENANT
Clarence D. McGowen, Q.M.C.

MASTER SERGEANT
Leonide J. Guy

TECHNICAL SERGEANTS
Chester L. Blaylock
John L. Setzer

STAFF SERGEANT
Clyde C. Buan

SERGEANTS
Alfred J. Harris
Perry Halton
William A. Anderson
Roy D. Bailey

CORPORAL
Thomas Hickey

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
William E. Haynes
James W. Duckett
Albert Zeirk
Harry J. Cole
Alfred G. West
William B. Henry
John I. Merrill

PRIVATES
Ivan H. Melby
Clifford H. Kelly
Elzie Smith
James Evans
Vincent Bram
Sherwood Llewellyn
David N. Barrnett
Clarence A. Tingleaf
James W. Roberts
Hugh W. Bell
Howard M. Lusk
William M. Hutton
John C. English
Earl Wyghtman
Joseph E. Rhodes
Leo F. Zwack
Charles H. Parmenter
Joseph Emery
James A. Curl
Harvey G. Hamilton
Charles M. Eckhardt
Stanley J. Szarek
James S. Scarsorie
Martin A. Chekel
Angelo A. Cadena
William Bazzell
Athol R. Treadwell
Wm. H. McKelvy


ROSTER MEDICAL DEPARTMENT, PRESIDIO 1938

POST SURGEON
Lt. Colonel Douglas W. McEnery, M.C.

1ST LIEUTENANTS
Charles H. Schutt, M.C.
Francis F. Viglione, M.C.

TECHNICAL SERGEANT
Louis Himelstein

STAFF SERGEANT
Charles E. McCormick, M. D.

SERGEANTS
Herbert C. Schmeller ,M. D.
Milton W. Bochat, M. D.
Frank A. Partlow, M. D.

CORPORAL
John E. Dailey, M. D.

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
Lenville Wilson
Alfred S. Williamson

PRIVATES
Preston E. Shelby, M. D.
Murvin H. Long
Thomas C. McBride, M. D.
W. A. Platt, M. D.
Lloyd E. LeDuc, M. D.
James E. Curtis, M. D.
David E. Plummer, M. D.
Henry A. Silva, M. D.
Laurence H. Catron, M. D.
John A. Neal, M. D.
Paul Mason, Jr.
John L. Banks
Charles R. Lewis
Horace F. Pair
Robert T. Taylor
Herbert Cohn
Burtnor A. Stark
Douglas F. Milburn
Clem C. Brady
Robert E. Leslie
Victor Diran
Louis H. Mauck, M. D.
Kenneth C. Balding, M. C.


ROSTER VETERINARY DETACHMENT, PRESIDIO 1938

POST VETERINARIAN
Lt. Colonel Raymond I. Lovell, Veterinary Corps

1ST LIEUTENANT
Thomas C. Jones, V.C.

SERGEANTS
Frank Baker
Murl M. Moriarty

PRIVATES 1ST CLASS
Robert J. Creager
Charles G. Schroder

PRIVATES
Jennings B. Lister
Thomas Verner


FINANCE, ORDNANCE, SIGNAL CORPS, PRESIDIO 1938

FINANCE DETACHMENT
Staff Sergeant William F. Firth

Note: The Finance Department disburses and accounts for all funds appropriated by Congress for the Army. It pays the salaries of all War Department personnel, military and civilian, and pays the amount due for all Army purchases. Whether the Quartermaster Corps buys shoes or the Air Corps buys huge bombers, the Finance Department makes the payments and sees that the cost in charged against the right Congressional appropriation.

Note: Finance Office at the Presidio of Monterey is still standing.

ORDNANCE
Technical Sergeant Frank Newton
Private 1st Class Luther H. Rinks
Private Arthur J. Wilson

SIGNAL CORPS DETACHMENT
Sergeant Alfred J. Rigdon
Corporal Garnet C. Odlum
Pfc. Roy P. Haas
Pfc. Earl D. Selby
Pfc. James Hornbeck
Pvt. Loyd W. Springer
Pvt. 2Cl Special Douglas Ross
Pvt. 4CI Special Paul Swartz



11th Cavalry: Horse Show Team with horses and ribbons, 1938. DLIFLC & POM Archives


RETURN TO THE 11TH CAVALRY HOMEPAGE:
Click on the below link:
11th Cavalry Presidio of Monterey

image description


Click on the below Homepage links:

76TH FIELD ARTILLERY REGIMENT PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY, 1922 TO 1940
Click on the below link:
76th Field Artillery Regiment, 2nd Battalion


FORT ORD U.S. ARMY STATION VETERINARY HOSPITAL (HORSE) WW2
Click on the below link:
Fort Ord U.S. Army Station Veterinary Hospital (Horse) WW2


THE ARMY VETERINARY SERVICE DURING THE GREAT WAR, WW1
Click on the below link:
Veterinary Corps in WW1





U.S. ARMY VETERINARY CORPS HISTORICAL PRESERVATION GROUP

Motto: “Illic est Vires in Numerus” There is Strength in Numbers

“Working Hard to Preserve Our Country’s History wherever it is being lost”

U.S. Army Veterinary Corps Historical Preservation Group is a group of individuals that are concerned about the preservation of the History of the Veterinary Corps, Remount Service and Cavalry or wherever our country’s history is being lost in conjunction with our beloved “Horse and Mule”. There is no cost to join and membership is for life. We believe by uniting together in numbers we will be a more powerful force to be heard. Our membership list is private and only used to contact our members. Email us and become a member.

Greg Krenzelok
gregkrenzelok@msn.com

FACEBOOK: U.S. Army Veterinary Corps Historical Preservation Group

Click on the below link:

U.S. Army Veterinary Corps Historical Preservation Group