BRAND Family Page
Descendants of Benjamin Brand
Generation No. 1
1. BENJAMIN1 BRAND
Notes for BENJAMIN BRAND:
Information for this family was taken from official public records and information furnished by family, friends and genealogists who willingly share it.
Children of BENJAMIN BRAND are:
2. i. WILLIAM2 BRAND, b. May 23, 1756, Edgecombe County, North Carolina; d. 1848.
ii. THOMAS BRAND.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM2 BRAND (BENJAMIN1) was born May 23, 1756 in Edgecombe County, North Carolina, and died 1848. He married SARAH BRYANT in Edgecombe County, North Carolina, daughter of GAIL BRYANT and ELIZABETH.
More About WILLIAM BRAND:
Military service: Served in American Revolutionary War - Pension # S-31577 - Certificate # 12278
Namesake: called "Grandsire"
Children of WILLIAM BRAND and SARAH BRYANT are:
i. BENJAMIN3 BRAND, m. MARY GILL, November 19, 1808.
ii. GAIL BRAND, m. TABITJA KING, February 27, 1812.
iii. ELIZABETH BRAND, m. VALENTINE ATKINSON, April 09, 1815.
3. iv. WILLIAM BRAND II.
v. MOSES BRAND, d. Single.
More About MOSES BRAND:
Burial: Beaverdam Church Cemetery, Oglethorpe County, Georgia
vi. JAMES BRAND, d. Single.
4. vii. JONAS BRAND.
viii. MOSES T. BRAND.
More About MOSES T. BRAND:
Burial: Chestnut Grove Cemetery, Georgia
5. ix. WILLIAM E. BRAND, b. 1823; d. 1888.
x. DANIEL BRAND, m. (1) POLLY RAWLINS, Second; m. (2) ELIZABETH LINER, April 15, 1824.
6. xi. CHRISTINE "KITTY" BRAND.
xii. THOMAS BRAND, m. MARY WHITE, October 28, 1826.
7. xiii. CASHUEL BRAND, d. April 01, 1873.
8. xiv. ISAIAH C. BRAND, b. October 03, 1808; d. January 19, 1889, Walton County, Georgia.
Generation No. 3
3. WILLIAM3 BRAND II (WILLIAM2, BENJAMIN1) He married ELIZABETH GILL August 21, 1817.
More About WILLIAM BRAND II:
Burial: Near Greer's Mill, Georgia
More About ELIZABETH GILL:
Burial: Near Greer's Mill, Georgia
Child of WILLIAM BRAND and ELIZABETH GILL is:
i. OFF4 CANNON.
More About OFF CANNON:
Adoption: Foster son
4. JONAS3 BRAND (WILLIAM2, BENJAMIN1) He married SALLIE GOODMAN.
More About JONAS BRAND:
Burial: Friendship Cemetery, Georgia
Child of JONAS BRAND and SALLIE GOODMAN is:
i. JOHN G.4 BRAND.
5. WILLIAM E.3 BRAND (WILLIAM2, BENJAMIN1) was born 1823, and died 1888. He married MARGARET.
Children of WILLIAM BRAND and MARGARET are:
i. MARGARET L.4 BRAND.
ii. REBECCA BRAND, m. PRUITT.
iii. JOSEPH BRAND.
iv. ASBURY BRAND.
v. CAROLINE BRAND, m. CORBIN.
vi. JANE BRAND, m. EWING.
vii. ADELINE BRAND, m. BUCHANAN.
viii. SARAH A. BRAND.
More About SARAH A. BRAND:
Burial: New Hope Cemetery, Georgia
6. CHRISTINE "KITTY"3 BRAND (WILLIAM2, BENJAMIN1) She married ISAAC SMITH February 1822.
Child of CHRISTINE BRAND and ISAAC SMITH is:
i. WILLIAM MOSES4 SMITH, b. November 14, 1822.
7. CASHUEL3 BRAND (WILLIAM2, BENJAMIN1) died April 01, 1873. He married SYTHA WILLIAMS January 22, 1818 in Oglethorpe County, Georgia, daughter of WILLIAM WILLIAMS. She died September 07, 1869.
Children of CASHUEL BRAND and SYTHA WILLIAMS are:
i. SALLIE4 BRAND, m. (1) HENRY SUMMERLIN, First; m. (2) JOHN S. MCELVANEY, Second.
9. ii. WILLIAM W. BRAND.
10. iii. CRAWFORD W. BRAND.
iv. MARTHA BRAND, m. GEORGE GRESHAM.
v. ELIZABETH BRAND, m. WILLIAM BRAND, William was a cousin - son of Thomas Brand.
11. vi. LEVI BRAND.
vii. SYTHA ANN BRAND, m. HENRY LANGLEY.
viii. JAMES C. BRAND, m. EMILY LANGLEY.
ix. TERRELL M. BRAND, m. LIZZIE ROQUEMORE.
x. THOMAS M. BRAND, m. RINA JONES.
12. xi. LAVINA BRAND.
xii. MALITA BRAND, m. (1) "HOPPY" CARROLL, First; m. (2) E.W. JONES, Second.
xiii. LINNA I. BRAND, m. JACKSON BAGGETT.
8. ISAIAH C.3 BRAND (WILLIAM2, BENJAMIN1) was born October 03, 1808, and died January 19, 1889 in Walton County, Georgia. He married (1) CHARITY RAWLINS October 28, 1828. He married (2) ELIZABETH JONES March 30, 1871.
Children of ISAIAH BRAND and CHARITY RAWLINS are:
i. NANCY4 BRAND, m. (1) SHAW, First; m. (2) HITCHCOCK, Second.
13. ii. DRUCILLA BRAND, b. July 01, 1831, Loganville, Walton, Georgia; d. September 16, 1892, Clarence, Blount, Alabama.
14. iii. EGBERT M. BRAND.
iv. SINGLETON S. BRAND.
v. MARTIN V. BRAND, m. (1) ELIZABETH SIMONTON, First; m. (2) MARTHA A. BRASWELL.
vi. F.A. ELIZABETH BRAND, m. EGBERT SMITH.
vii. WARREN H. BRAND.
More About WARREN H. BRAND:
Burial: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia
Military service: Civil War Veteran - died in war
viii. MARY JANE BRAND, m. MILES SMITH.
ix. BLOOMFIELD TYLER BRAND, m. (1) KITTIE HARRIS STOVALL, First; m. (2) JANE HARRIS, Second.
More About BLOOMFIELD TYLER BRAND:
Burial: Shiloh Cemetery, Georgia
x. JOHN T. BRAND, m. SUSIE BRASWELL.
xi. AMELIA OCTAVIA BRAND, m. LUTHER T. LASETER.
Child of ISAIAH BRAND and ELIZABETH JONES is:
xii. EMORY SPEER4 BRAND, m. WILLIE GEIGER.
Generation No. 4
9. WILLIAM W.4 BRAND (CASHUEL3, WILLIAM2, BENJAMIN1) He married ELIZABETH LOVELESS February 06, 1845, daughter of LEVI LOVELESS and TEMPERANCE JONES.
More About WILLIAM W. BRAND:
Military service: Served The Confederate States of America in Civil War
Occupation: Sheriff of Gwinett County, Georgia
Children of WILLIAM BRAND and ELIZABETH LOVELESS are:
i. LEVI C.5 BRAND.
ii. JOHN BRAND.
iii. TEMPERANCE BRAND, m. JACKSON.
iv. LINNA BRAND, m. AYCOCK.
v. GEORGIA BRAND, m. FREEMAN.
vi. SYTHA E. BRAND, m. JACOBS.
vii. OCTAVIA BRAND, m. ARNOLD.
10. CRAWFORD W.4 BRAND (CASHUEL3, WILLIAM2, BENJAMIN1) He married (1) KEZIAH RAWLINS in First. He married (2) FANNIE BOSS in Second. He married (3) SABRA BROOKS in Third.
Children of CRAWFORD BRAND and KEZIAH RAWLINS are:
i. DAWSON5 BRAND.
ii. WILLARD BRAND.
iii. GEORGE M. BRAND.
11. LEVI4 BRAND (CASHUEL3, WILLIAM2, BENJAMIN1) He married MARGIE ANN BORING.
Children of LEVI BRAND and MARGIE BORING are:
i. CHARLIE5 BRAND.
ii. CASS BRAND.
12. LAVINA4 BRAND (CASHUEL3, WILLIAM2, BENJAMIN1) She married DANIEL S. WATSON.
Child of LAVINA BRAND and DANIEL WATSON is:
i. LEVI5 WATSON.
13. DRUCILLA4 BRAND (ISAIAH C.3, WILLIAM2, BENJAMIN1) was born July 01, 1831 in Loganville, Walton, Georgia, and died September 16, 1892 in Clarence, Blount, Alabama. She married MARMADUKE WILSON 1848. He was born February 17, 1814 in South Carolina, and died June 13, 1894 in Royal, Blount, Alabama.
Children of DRUCILLA BRAND and MARMADUKE WILSON are:
i. NANCY JANE5 WILSON, b. December 01, 1848, Loganville, Walton, Georgia; d. March 10, 1871.
ii. JOHN RANDOLPH WILSON, b. April 11, 1850, Loganville, Walton, Georgia; d. April 04, 1938; m. LAURA ANNA HICKS.
iii. MARTHA ANN WILSON, b. January 08, 1852, Loganville, Walton, Georgia; d. December 20, 1888, Blount County, Alabama; m. RUFUS EMANUEL GREEN, January 04, 1872, Oneonta, Blount, Alabama; b. April 10, 1852, Blount County, Alabama; d. November 03, 1932, Oneonta, Blount, Alabama.
iv. JAMES W. WILSON, b. December 27, 1853, Loganville, Walton, Georgia; d. September 27, 1854.
v. JESSE HAMILTON WILSON, b. August 27, 1856, Loganville, Walton, Georgia; d. July 18, 1917; m. LUCINDY C. GREEN.
vi. CHARITY MARY E. WILSON, b. May 29, 1859, Loganville, Walton, Georgia; d. April 18, 1936, Gilmer, Upshur, Texas; m. JOHN MATHEWS, March 29, 1880; b. June 28, 1851, Dikes Hill, Cherokee, Georgia.
More About CHARITY MARY E. WILSON:
Burial: April 19, 1936, Enoch Cemetery, Gilmer, Texas
vii. MARTIN VAN WILSON, b. June 17, 1861, Loganville, Walton, Georgia; d. February 11, 1903; m. MARTHA HONEA.
viii. EMILY P. WILSON, b. May 11, 1864, Loganville, Walton, Georgia; d. February 11, 1865.
ix. BENJAMIN F. WILSON, b. January 12, 1866, Loganville, Walton, Georgia; d. August 05, 1957; m. DAISY BEAN.
x. MRAMADUKE WILSON, JR, b. December 16, 1867, Loganville, Walton, Georgia; d. November 08, 1895.
xi. DRUCILLA JORDEN WILSON, b. August 16, 1870, Loganville, Walton, Georgia; d. August 31, 1945; m. CHARLIE HEAD.
xii. ISAIAK C. WILSON, b. September 22, 1873, Walnut Grove, Etowah, Alabama; d. June 03, 1888.
14. EGBERT M.4 BRAND (ISAIAH C.3, WILLIAM2, BENJAMIN1) He married JULIA COOPER.
More About EGBERT M. BRAND:
Burial: Haynes Creek Cemetery, Georgia
Occupation: Founder of Brand Banking Company at Lawrenceville, Georgia
More About JULIA COOPER:
Burial: Haynes Creek Cemetery, Georgia
Children of EGBERT BRAND and JULIA COOPER are:
i. LEVI M.5 BRAND, m. LIZZIE W. HOOPER.
ii. CHARLES H. BRAND, m. (1) ESTELLE WINN, First; m. (2) MARY D. HUTCHINS, Second.
More About CHARLES H. BRAND:
Occupation: Judge of Superior Court and Member of Congress
iii. CAROLYN H. BRAND.
iv. LILLIE V. BRAND.
v. WALTON BRAND.
vi. JOSEPH H. BRAND.
vii. EDD E. BRAND.
viii. CHARITY BRAND.
ix. MATTIE BRAND.
x. EMMA BRAND.
xi. BILLIE BRAND.
xii. ADDIE BRAND.
BENNETT GREEN, KANSAS CITY, KS