(1754, 1759 - 1763), Brownsville
A Virginia colonial militia post in 1754, a supply base for Fort Prince George. Also known as Redstone Fort. It was destroyed by the French. This may have also been the site of an early Indian fortification. Rebuilt as the relocated Fort Burd in 1759 (see above), it was also known as Redstone Fort. It was abandoned in 1763.
In 1786 a trading post was built on the site, and in 1796 it was rebuilt as the Nemacolin Castle, a large stone mansion with an octagonal tower with battlements. Operated by the Brownsville Historical Society, located between Brashear and Front Streets.