A brief summary of my family's Gerber connection:
1) Niklaus Gerber m. Anna Margreth Neuhausler of Saxony.
2) Johann Christof Gerber b. 29 Nov 1750 Langendembach, Saxony d. by Jan 1815 York Co., PA, m. Elizabeth Madori m. 17 Oct 1775 Zunzgen, Basel-Landschaft, Switzerland b. 26 Aug 1753 Zunzgen, Basel-Landschaft, Switzerland d. by 1818 [daughter of Hans Madori and Anna Martin]. Johan Christof and family arrived in Philadelphia on 18 October 1805 on the ship Liberty.
3) Christian (Christoph) Gerber b. 4 Jul 1780 Zunzgen, Basel-Landschaft, Switzerland d. 2 Jul 1862 Davidsburg, York, PA (81y 11m 28 d), m. Elizabeth Speck m. 1 Apr 1810 Davidsburg, York, PA b. 22 Apr 1793 York Co., PA d. 21 Sep 1857. Christian's gravestone
4) Elizabeth Gerber b. 26 Feb 1816 ---, of Dover Twp, York Co., PA d. aft. 1880, m. George Lenhart m. 25 Aug 1836 b. ca. 1815 ---, of Dover Twp., York Co., PA d. 1884 Dover Twp, York Co., PA, [son of George Lenhart and Margaret (Rebecca) Derr]. Note: Elizabeth's younger brother Daniel Gerber removed to MI and owned a tannery; Daniel's grandson was a founder of Fremont Canning Co., later Gerber Baby products.
5) Christian Lenhart b. 15 Mar 1846 York Co., PA; of Rapid City, SD d. 4 Jun 1907 Canton, Stark, OH (buried in Rapid City), m. Caroline "Carrie" Ann/a [Beck?] m. 3 Jan 1886 Rapid City, Pennington, SD b. ca. 1858 PA d. 6 Feb 1897 Rapid City, Pennington, SD (parents born in Prussia).
Source of pre-America data: Gerber, David K. and William E. Gerber, Jr. "Johann Christof Gerber, Journeyman, Saxony - Switzerland - Pennsylvania," German Genealogical Digest, Winter 1994. See also GERBER GARBER GARVER PROGENITORS IN AMERICA; the site includes several Gerber lines including the database of William E. Gerber, Jr. (ZA. Johann Christoff GERBER).
(Revised 17 April 2003)