Christian "Chris" Lenhart 1846-1907
Christian Lenhart b. 15 Mar 1846 York Co., PA; of Rapid City, SD d. 4 Jun 1907 Canton, Stark, OH (buried in Rapid City) m. Caroline "Carrie" Ann/a Beck? m. 3 Jan 1886 Rapid City, Pennington, SD b. ca. 1858 PA d. 6 Feb 1897 Rapid City, Pennington, SD [parents not known, both born in Prussia according to census data]. Maiden name not known; she was the widow of Isaac Rich when she married Christian Lenhart. Christian was the son of Elizabeth Gerber and George Lenhart.* Christian's grandfather was George, Sr.,* son of Wilhelm, who was born in Germany and a son of JPL (link below), the immigrant ancestor - all of Dover Twp., York Co., PA.
*Links coming soon for these two Georges.
Christian Lenhart and Caroline had three children:
1) Charles Francis Lenhart b. 20 Sep 1887 Rapid City, Pennington, SD d. ca. 1939 NY ? - Nothing more known of him at this time.
2) Warren Gerber Lenhart (twin) b. 22 Nov 1890 Rapid City, Pennington, SD d. Nov 1918 Butte, MT m. Amy Mae Flynn m. 29 Nov 1911 Rapid City, Pennington, SD b. 22 June 1891 Columbus, NE d. Nov 1918 Rapid City, Pennington, SD [daughter of Thomas Flynn]. Warren and Amy died in the 1918 flu epidemic; their infant son survived.
3) Walter Beck Lenhart (twin) b. 22 Nov 1890 Rapid City, Pennington, SD d. 19 Nov 1961 San Bernardino, San Bernardino, CA m. Ann Elizabeth Holeman m. 29 Nov 1911 Rapid City, Pennington, SD b. 29 May 1894 New Liberty, Owen Co., KY d. 27 Dec 1968 Charleston, Charleston, SC; [daughter of John English Holeman and Katherine Sophia Graves]. WBL and AEH are buried in CA; they had four daughters.
Note: Caroline (Beck?; Mrs. Rich) Lenhart had three daughters by Isaac Rich: Galena (married WHITSON), Marguerite (unmarried), and Lottie (died young). These children were sometimes known as Lenhart. I have additional information about the Whitson descendants (not included here).
Warren Gerber Lenhart had one child: Richard James Lenhart b. 31 Aug 1912 Rapid City, Pennington, SD d. 3 Nov 1991 Fresno, CA m. Danica "Delsie" M. Milovich m. 16 Sept 1937 Reno, NV b. 5 June 1913 Sutter Creek, CA d. Aug 1998 Fresno?, CA. RJL was an infant when his parents died in the 1918 flu epidemic. He was raised by his maternal aunt.
Walter Beck Lenhart had four daughters: (WBL's Ancestry Chart - pdf)
1) Betty Ann Holeman Lenhart b. 10 Jun 1914 Rapid City, Pennington, SD; m. ca. 1935 Long Beach?, CA, Carl Mayn Smith, b. 23 Mar 1914, Martinsdale, MT, d. 2002, AZ; three daughters.
2) Katherine "Caroline" Lenhart b. 15 Jun 1916, Omaha, NE, d. 24 Jun 2001, Fairfield, Solano, CA; m. 10 Jun 1939, Long Beach, CA, Lawrence (Admr.) George Bernard, b. 9 Feb 1914, Arpan, S.D., d. 29 Mar 1997; three sons.
3) Virginia Ann "Yan" Lenhart b. 11 Apr 1919, Kennett (Shasta Dam), Shasta, CA; m. 18 Dec 1938, Reno, Washoe, NV, Ernest George Kinney, b. 9 Sep 1918, Bishop, Inyo, CA [son of George "Spray" Kinney and Lucille Ernestine Dutech]; three sons, three daughters.
4) Rose English Lenhart b. 22 Jan 1921 San Francisco, CA; m. 21 Dec 1941, Los Angeles, CA, Merle Samuel Gish, b. 15 Apr 1912, Riverside, CA, d. 22 Mar 1973, Riverside, CA [son of Walter Harvey Gish and Minne Emily Cover]; six sons.