CANNEY CANNY KEENEY KENNA KENNEY KENNY
KINNE KINNEY KINNIE KINNY
McKENNA McKENNEY McKINNEY
& Other Variations
DNA SURNAME LINES
The below information was provided by the participant or his representative and may contain errors.
Presentations vary depending on the information provided.
Henry Thomas Kinne 1788 of New York and Canada
DNA results place participant in FamilyGroup 2
Kinne of MA
See Group 2 Worksheet
Participant writes: "My earliest known ancestor is Henry Thomas Kinnee born in New York in 1788. I believe he was born in the Syracuse, [Onondaga County], New York area where there were several Kinne in the late 1700's and early 1800's. My Kinnee line left New York state for the Toronto area about 1802 to 1806. They appear to have been Wesleyan Methodists at the time. On a mid-1800's Canadian census some Canadian Kinnees were listed as German ancestry. I have not been able to find any German connections that make sense and the Kinne connection seems to be most logical. You can view my tree - #835 on Genealogy.com - do Search, Family Finder and enter me as Thomas R Kinnee."
1) Henry Thomas Kinnee, b. 2 Apr 1788 in New York, d. 24 Apr 1849 in Mariposa, Ontario, Canada, buried in 14th Concession, McIndoos Cemetery. Henry purchased property on Concession 12 in 1844 and split the 200 acres between three of his sons in 1850's. He married Mary Coon about 1807 in Ontario, Canada, b. 31 Dec 1788 in Ontario, Canada, d. 9 Sep 1851 in Mariposa, Ontario, Canada.
2) Jacob Kinnee, b. 1814 in Ontario, Canada, d. 13 Jun 1874 in Wellington County, Nichols Township (or Peel Twp), Ontario, Canada, (will signed 9 Feb 1872). He married Jane McKague about 1845 in Mariposa Twp., Victoria Co., Ontario, Canada, b. JAN 1819 in Cove of Cork, Northern Ireland, (daughter of John Mckague, Sr. and Jane Wilson) d. 18 Jul 1876 in Drayton Township,Wellington Co., Ontario, Canada (death certificate in Schedule C, p.243 #016455).
3) Jacob Torrence Kinnee, b. 3 Nov 1856 in Cannington, Ontario, Canada, d. 21 Dec 1907 in Port Huron, Michigan, died of 21 Dec 1907, buried 24 Dec 1907 in Lakeside Cemetery Section C, Port Huron, MI, immigrated 4 Mar 1888 in Port Huron , Michigan, citizenship 17 Oct 1896 in Port Huron , Michigan. He married (2) Charlott 'Lottie' Amelia Flewelling, 1 May 1883 in Port Huron , Michigan, (marriage record # in 5-94, wrong name on list is Jacob F. Skinner [instead of Kinnee]), b. 14 Dec 1864 in Fredrickton, New Brunswick, Canada, (daughter of Nehemiah Flewelling and Sarah Crabb) d. 23 Jan 1941 in Port Huron , Michigan, buried 25 Jan 1941 in Lakeside Cemetery, Port Huron, MI (certificate in Michigan #77 6853) immigrated 1868.
4) Floyd Amos Kinnee, b. 6 Jun 1885 in Port Huron, Michigan, d. 26 Dec 1947 in Port Huron, Michigan, buried in Mt. Hope Cemetery, Port Huron, MI, occupation Carpenter. He married (1) Ellen Elizabeth Frumveller in 1906 in Port Huron , Michigan, b. 1 Oct 1888 in Port Huron, Michigan, (daughter of John F. Frumveller and Margaret Collison ) d. 6 Mar 1915 in Port Huron, Michigan, buried in Mt. Hope Cemetery, Port Huron, Michigan. He married (2) Rose Teresa Roggenbuck, on 28 Jun 1916 in Harbor Beach, MI, b. 21 Mar 1890 in Harbor Beach, Michigan, (daughter of Johan Albert Roggenbuck and Rosella Roggenbuck) d. 29 Dec 1963 in Port Huron, Michigan, buried in Mt. Hope Cemetery, Port Huron, Michigan.
5) Floyd Amos Kinnee, Jr., b. 9 Aug 1925 in Port Huron, Michigan, occupation Carpenter. He married Annabel Victoria O'Hare, on 21 Sep 1946 in Port Huron , Michigan, (marriage record # in Book 7, #228), b. 11 Aug 1926 in Port Huron, Michigan, (daughter of Peter Ethelbert O'Hare and Mary Elizabeth McDonald).
6) Thomas Ronald Kinnee, b. 29 May 1948 in Port Huron, Michigan. He married Carla Gayle Reisner, on 29 Feb 1980 in Bad Axe, Michigan, b. 14 Nov 1951 in Deckerville, Michigan, (daughter of Edwin Arthur Reisner and Helen Julia Krause).
The above information was provided by the participant and may contain errors.
Wesleyan Methodists Canada NY etc.
Return to DNA TEST RESULTS
Georgia Kinney Bopp
Revised 7 July 2005
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids