John Gillock Sr's history continues.......................
The following "THOUGHT" to be children of Lawrence Sr. & Jane Gillock, No documentation other than that they all married in Orange Co., VA & in St Thomas parish, all about the same time................
2. on p 5 Thomas Gillock m. Elizabeth Morgan, it is thought one son (or more children) that was the author's g.g. grandfather Robert Gillock m Nancy Burrus 1806, Albemarle Co., VA, they named one of their sons Thomas Morgan Gillock b 1818, VA which would make one think this was a sound deduction.
4. on page 5 Sally Gillock m Isaac Cowgill, While in Orange Co., VA not knowing the correct spelling of Cowgill, m by that was passed by.
7. on p 5. Reuben Gillock, we have found several Reubens, but none to go back that far. So, at this time we just "don't know"; so we will move on to the next subject; Early settler of Glasgow, Ky..............
Lawrence Gillock Jr., son of Lawrence Sr. & Jane Gillock
Lawrence Gillock m. Betsy Twentyman 5-26-1788, St Thomas Parish, Orange Co., VA Marriage register #1 1757-1867, p 22 Bondsman John Orant (or GRANT), Back part of deed bk #17
Lawrence Gillock Jr. b. ca 1760-1770 (?) Orange Co., VA, d. Will probated 6-20-1827 Barren Co., KY probably buried in Gillock Cemetery, on land of his brother James, now owned by Alma Kincheloe (1981) see Will, etc; Farmer - Rev War soldier Church ?
Betsy Gillock b. (?) d. probably before Lawrence Jr. She is not in Will, Housewife.
Lawrence Jr. & Betsy's children, rotation of birth not known.
1. William Gillock Sr. b. ca 1789 probably Orange Co., VA d. before 1850, probably buried same as Lawrence Jr., m. Betsy Gillock 3-10-1807, (Note: Betsy's maiden name is unknown, she was not a Gillock.. nlp)
2. Betsy Gillock b. d. prob. Monroe Co., KY m. John Adams 9-14-1810 Barren Co., KY File #1
3. Jane Gillock b. 10-10-1797 d. 4-15-1868 bu Mt Pleasant Bap. Church Cem., near Glasgow, Ky m. Charles Ray ____1825; Barren Co., KY File #4 husband b. 1-7-1797; d. 3-31-1873
4. Poly Gillock b. d. m Joseph Baker 9-7-1813 Barren Co., KY file #1
This is all that is known about his daughters, tho William Sr. leaves a long list of descendants, which will be in a later place.
Eva Marshall (Coe) Peden of Glasgow, Ky. historian contributed: taken from Chapter 41, Early Settlers of Scaggs Crook... Tolle Papers, unpublished, and written by Daniel B. Tolle......
In the early settling of the county, Lawrence Gillock Jr., A Rev War soldier (True, tho not in DAR Patriot Index.. DGJ) .. came to Barren Co., & took up, or got in possession of a large body of land otherwise south of the creek, which extended from the well known Charles Ray.....
Continues next page......................
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Table of Contents
Picture Content Links
Date and time this page was updated
10/07/2008 03:47:11 PM
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids