Edward Sexton was born abt. 1827 and died in a fall on 28 Oct 1882 in Allegheny City (now part of Pittsburgh) Pennsylvania. He filed his Declaration of Intent in Blair county PA on 10 June 1852 and on the same day a Patrick Sexton file his papers also. Edward got his
Naturalization on 29 Aug 1854 in Washington Co. What he was doing in Blair county or where exactly he was in Blair county is unkown. It appears that Edward was a Livery Stable keeper in the town of Washington, Washington County PA, based on census entries.
Edward married Margaret Joanna Rush and had 11 children. In late 1873 or early 1874 the family moved to Allegheny City where Margaret died on 7 Oct. 1874 at the age of 40. Some of the children married but several did not. Eventually most of the children moved to another suburb of Pittsburgh called Emsworth. When Edward died his occupation was Undertaker. Most of these Sexton's are buried at St. Mary's Roman Catholic cemetery.
- James born abt. 1856 died 12/16/1889
- Thomas born Oct 7, 1856 died bef. 1926; married and had several children. (need marriage and death record)
- Ellen or Ellie born Sept. 3, 1858; died June 1, 1920 never married
- Emma or Emily born Jan 11, 1860 died aft. 1926
- Mary born Oct 28, 1861; died Dec 9, 1926 married James Halpin (need marriage record)
- Joanna born Aug 1, 1863 died aft. 1926 married Albert O'Donnell
- Kathleen born Aug 1865 died aft. 1926 married Charles Bloom; last living in Syracuse NY
- Edward born abt. 1868 died aft. 1926 married in Syracuse to Libbie Dygist
- Alice born March 8, 1870 died June 29, 1962 in Fairfax VA married Thomas Hayes
- William born April 9, 1871, died aft. 1926 last known living in Miami
- George born Feb 14, 1873 died aft 1926 last living in Avalon
Return to my genealogy home page or my family Web site.
Thanks for visiting - you are visitor .