Susannah Bunstein b. 8 June 1800 Hecktown, Pa., d. 28 April 1887 Pa. Married William Meyer 12 Sept. 1824 First Reformed Church of Easton, He was b. 26 March 1802 and died 28 Oct 1874 Pa. He was the son of Peter Meyer and Salome Brode [Brodt].
Notes: Colonial Men and Times containing The Journel of Col. Daniel Trabue some account of his ancestry, life and travels in Virginia and Kentucky during the Revolutionary Period.
Children of William Meyer and Susannah Bunstein are:
1. Samuel William Meyer b. 21 March 1826, he married Emmaline George 22 March 1853, she was the daughter of Anthony George and Elizabeth Kuchers. She was born 26 Dec. 1834. Their children: 1. Viola Meyer married P.M. Kern, he was a doctor 2. Willis E. Meyer married Dora Burns 3. Minnie Meyer b. 18 July 1865 married  William Townsend Van Culin 16 Oct 1890, he was b. 27 July 1864 Philadelphia, Pa. married  Trabue Van Culin 1 June 1899, he was b. 27 Sept. 1854 Philadelphia, Pa.
2. Rueben Meyer b. 6 Oct 1827 d. 17 Jan 1872 Somerset, Northampton County, Pa. married Elizabeth Bittner, she was born 13 Oct 1832 Somerset, Pa d. 25 Oct 1888 Somerset, Pa. Both buried B.F. Bittner Farm Cemetery situated in Somerset Twp, Northampton co, Pa. on the B.F. Bittner Farm 1/2 mile from buildings, on the lower side of road leading to Glencoe. Here is the family buried here: Meyers John O. b. 2-4-1847 d. 9-15-1895 [age 45] Meyers Elizabeth d. 10-25-1888 age 56-0-12 [b. 13 Oct 1832] Meyers Ruben d. 1-17-1872 age 45-4-23 [b. 6 Oct 1827] Meyers Daniel infant s/o R&E d. 5-8-1871 Meyers Nora d/o R&E age 1-3-3 d. 8-7-1865 [b. 1864] 2 small graves, field stone markers Transcribed from WPA records by Barbara Hartley-Sedillos
Children of Rueben Meyers and Elizabeth Bittner are" 1. Nora Meyer b. 1864 Somerset, Pa. d. 7 Aug 1865 Somerset, Pa 2. Daniel Meyer b. 1871 d. 8 May 1871 in infancy.
3. Jackson Meyer b. 1838 d. abt 1920 Jefferson Twp, Logan County, Ohio Census 1910 Widowd, living alone, Jefferson Twp, Ohio, age 75 Census 1920 Jefferson Twp, Ohio living alone age 82
4. Anna Amanda Meyer b. 21 March 1845 d. 1 Dec. 1852 Source: Dryland Union lutheran Church, Hecktown, Pa 5. Eliza Meyer 6. Ellen Meyer 7. Julia Meyer 8. Kate Meyer 9. Mary Meyer
10. Sallie Meyer b. abt 1828, married Unknown Peterson; 1. Mary Peterson b. 1843 married Eugene H. Hamman b. 1842 Easton, Pa. He was a Cigarmaker Census 1870 Emaus Lehigh Co, Pa Roll T9-1146 p. 236D Dist. 186 Census 1880 Emaus, Lehigh Co, Pa, Roll T9-1146 p. 236D Dist. 186 Image 0701
WILLIAM MEYER LINE:
1. Lawrence Meyer b. 1715 in Palatinate, and died abt. 1777 Pa. He married Catherine. Notes: Lawrence Meyers died from camp fever, contracted at Valley Forge, before the close of the war. His son Peter, then only 19 years old took his place and later became Quartermaster of his company. He also joined the expedition of Gen. Sullivan to Wyoming. [1776: Rev. War]
Child of Lawrence Meyer: 2. Peter Meier Meyer b. 1760 Bucks Co, Pa. d. 23 Dec 1819 in Forks Twp, Northampton Co, Pa. He married Salome Brode [Brodt]26 May 1789, daughter of Samuel Brodt and Maria Salome Steckel. she was b. abt 1765, Montgomery Co, Pa had her Catechumens 17 Apr 1784 Tohickon Reformed Church at age 15, by Rev. John Theobold Faber
Military Service: 1776 Rev. War. Col. John Keller's Regt. PA Line; Sergeant in Capt. Manus Yost Company.
Salome received a pension for the services of her husband in Rev. War. she was widowed in 1819.
Children of Peter Meyer and Salome Brode are: 1. WILLIAM MEYER b. 26 March 1802 d. 28 Oct 1874 Pa, married Susannah Bundstein/Bunstein
Source for name spelled Moyer is:
2. Abraham Meyer b. 26 Dec 1805 Baptism: 1 Sept. 1809 First Reformed Church Easton, Pa p. 201 3. Liddia Meyer b. 1 April 1808 Baptism: 1 Sept. 1809 First Reformed Church Easton, Pa. 4. Michael Meyer married Catherine: They had: 1. Sabilla Catherine Meyer b. 28 Feb. 1830 d. 25 Nov 1833 Source: Dryland Union Church, Hecktown, Pa/ 2. Maria Meyer b. 29 Mar. 1822 d. 16 Sept. 1854 Source: Dryland Union Church Records. 5. John Peter Meyer b. 5 Oct 1790 Bucks Co, Pa. Batism: 20 Jan 1791 First Reformed Church Easton,Pa. married Maria Catharina, they had: 1. Oliver Horatio Meyers b. 21 Aug. 1827 Bethlehem Twp, Pa d. 1907, Easton, Northampton Co, PA. He was Admitted to the Bar 19 Nov 1849 at Easton. 1857 District Attorney of Northampton Co, to 1859. Oct. 1874 elected President Judge of the Third Judicial District. 1875 Judge of Northampton County.
Source for Name by Moyer is:
1860 Census Easton, Lehigh Ward, Northampton Co, PA: Oliver H. Meyer 33 attorney at Law, Margaret A. 32, Laurance P. 8, Elizabeth Heller 36 servant.
1870 Census Easton, Lehigh Ward, Northampton Co, PA:
Oliver H. Meyer 43, Margaret A. 43, Laurance 19, Maggie 14, Harry G. 2. 1880 census Easton, Lehigh Ward, Northampton co, PA:
Oliver H. Meyer 52, Margaret A. 52, Harry 13, Sagerman, Henry 79, Father, Smith Oliver, 18 nephew law student, Boyer Annie 18, servant.
Married Second, Isabella Mary Heckman b. 7 Oct 1861 d/o Edmund Heckman & Sarah Traill Yohe.
Children of Oliver & Margaret Sagerman are:
1. Laurance P. Meyer b. 1852 Easton, PA
2. Maggie Meyer b. 1856 Easton, PA
3. Harry G. Meyer b. 1868 Easton, PA
6. Catharine Meyer/Meier b. 7 Dec 1794
7. Michel Meyer/Meier b. 10 Apr 1796
Source on children 6-7 Meier is:
2. Valentine Meyer b. 8 April 1800 Baptism: 2 May 1800 First Reformed Church of Easton, sponsors: Adam Wagner & Margaretha wife. p. 156.
Peter and Salome were living in Springfield Twp, Bucks Co, in 1791; in Rockhill Twp, same county, April 2, 1792, when with Salome, his wife, he conveyed 8 acres of land in Springfield Twp. See deed-Book No. 26, pages 382-2. January 23, 1796, he bought a tract of land in Haycock where he then resided, and which with Salome, he wife he conveyed May 14, 1798. See "Deed Book 29," p. 164, and Deed Book 30, p. 38.
The records of the "Bureau of Pensions, Department of the interior." Washington D.C. shows that Salome [Brode] Meyer Widow of Peter Meyer and daughter of Samuel Brode, received a pension for the services of her husband in the Rev. War. He was Sergeant in the Company of Manus Yost in the First Regiment of Foot in the service of the United States, commanded by Col. John Keller. "Penna Archives, 5th Ser. Vol. 5" p. 426.
According to family records furnished 1910, by Mr. Trabue Van Culin of Los Angeles Cal. We have 3rd Gen. William Meyer, son of Peter and Salome Meyer, was born 26 March 1802 and died Oct 28, 1874. He married Susannah Bonstein, Born June 8, 1800, died April 28, 1887.
They had: [4th Gen] Samuel William Meyers, born March 21, 1826, married March 22, 1853, Emmaline George born Dec. 26, 1834. They had Viola Meyer, married Dr. P.M. Kern, Willis E. Meyer married Dora Burns and Minnie Meyers, born July 18, 1865 married  William Townsend Van Culin b. 27 July 1864, on October 16, 1890. They had William Townsend Van Culin Jr. born May 6, 1891. married May 3, 1913 Florence Mitchell at the home of her mother Mrs. Ella Mitchell in Los Angeles, Cal. They had: Philip Van Culin b. 7 July 1914. [5th Gen] married  Trabue Van Culin b. 27 Sept. 1854 on June 1. 1899, they had: [6th Gen] Samuel Van Culin, born in Denver, Colorado on January 30, 1901.
There is also a chart showing that Peter and Salome Meyer had two other sons, Michael and Peter, the former being the father of Judge Oliver H. Meyers of Easton,Pa who was Judge of Northampton County 1875-1885.
There being no Roll of the Associated Companies of Haycock Twp, commanded by Captain Manus Yost, we cannot prove that Lawrence Meyer was Sergeant in this company. However, his name appears in the Alphabetical List of Revolutionary Soldiers, in the Pennsylvania Archives. A Lawrence Moyer is also on record as having served two months as substitute, under Liet. Jacob Morgan of Berks Co, see Penna. Arch. 5th Series Vol. 5 p. 205.
Frederick Vogel and John Geringer, both Palatinates, were maternal ancestors of the sons of Minnie Meyer Van Culin. Lawrence Meyers [Soldier] a Palatinate. Came to this Country in 1731 at the age of 16 years. Settled in Montgomery Co. where he died. Peter Meyers [Soldier] moved to Northampton county from Bucks Co when his son Michael was 5 years old. Michael Meyers, [a brother] was a native of Bucks Co. Judge Meyers [a cousin] was born in Bethlehem Twp, Aug. 21, 1827.
The name was spelled Mayor not Meyers as late as 1825. This information was gained from a paper at the time of death of Judge Meyers.
DAR VOL. 85 PAGE 146: Mrs. Minnie Meyers Van Culin DAR ID No. 84367 Born in Bath, Pa. Wife of Trabue Van Culin Descendant of Sergt. Peter Meyer, as Follows: 1. Samuel William Meyers [B. 1826]M. Emmaline George [B. 1834] 2. William Meyers [1802-74], M. Susanna Boonstein [1800-87] 3. Peter Meyer, M. 1789, Salome Brodt. Peter Meyer [1760-1819] served as sergeant in Capt. Manus Yost's Company, Col. John Keller's Regiment, Pennsylvania Line. His widow received a pension on claim executed 1838, He was born in Bucks Co, and died in Northampton County, Pa.
Children of Peter Meyer and Salome Brode [Brodt] are:
1. William Meyer b. 26 Mar 1802 Bucks Co, PA d. 28 Oct 1874 PA, married Susanna Bunstein/Bonstein 12 Sept 1824 First Reformed Church of Easton, her last name is spelled Boonstein in some articles.
2. Abraham Meyer b. 26 Dec 1805 3. Liddia Meyer b. 1 Apr 1808 4. Michael Meyer b. 1793 m Catherine Unknown 5. John Peter Meyer b. 5 Oct 1790 Bucks Co, PA m. Maria Catharina Unknown
SAMUEL BRODT b. 24 Feb 1726 Lixheim, Germany, d. 27 Sept 1793 Indian Creek, Montgomery County, PA, buried 28 Sept 1793 at Indian Creek Reformed Church, Telford, Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, Pa, cause of death was Dysentery. He immigrated 14 Sept 1751 on Ship Edinburg [could be 19 Sept 1752], son of Paulus Brodt & Maria Rieger, m. 16 Nov 1756 Tohickon Reformed Church, Bucks Co, PA, by Rev. John E. Hecker, Maria Salome Steckel, she was b. abt 1729, Lixheim, Germany, she was confirmed at age 15 [any information on her family would be appreciated]
[to research this lineage further back check alternate spellings such as Stockel [with an umlot over the o], or Stoeckel. There were some Stockel's that immigrated in 1765 from the Northern Alsace region of Hatten that my be related. There is a Christop Steckel as participating in the American Revolution [Hessian Troops] that is perhaps a relative or sibling] [http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=Idewald3179&id=I2144]
1. Anna Christina Brode b. 10 Nov 1757 Indian Creek, Montgomery Co, Pa, Baptized 16 Dec 1757 Indian Creek Reformed Church
2. Anna Elizabeth Brodt b. 1 Jan 1759, Pa, Baptized 14 Jan 1759 Indian Creek Reformed Church, Bucks Co, Pa, Sponsers: Michael Melcher & Elizabeth Keil
3. John Michael Brodt b. 6 Dec 1759 Pa, Baptized 30 Dec 1759 Indian Creek Reformed Church, Bucks Co., Pa, Sponsers: Michael Melcher & Elizabeth Keil, He was in the Bucksville Piano Class of 1814-1815:
Michael Broadt of Norristown is mentioned and kept the New Moon Inn, and was an enterprising man..
4. Susanna Brodt b. 21 Nov 1761 Indian Creek, Montgomery Co, Pa, d. 1 Dec 1867 Telford, Montgomery Co, Pa, Buried 3 Dec 1827 Indianfield Lutheran Church, She was Baptized: 25 Nov 1761 Tohickon Reformed Church, Bedminister Twp, Bucks Co, PA, she married Abraham Cressman, Son of Antonius [Anthony] Crossman & Magdalena Maria Ruhl, b. 15 Jan 1758 Souderton, Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, Pa, d. 18 Apr 1844 Souderton, Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, Pa, Buried Hillside Cemetery
1. Abraham Cressman, b. 12 May 1781 Montgomery Co, Pa, d. 2 Nov 1863 Montgomery Co, Pa Buried Old Goshenhoppen Church, m. Susanna Waltin, b. 5 Nov 1780
2. Isaac Cressman b. 28 Apr 1783
3. Jacob B. Cressman b. 24 Apr 1784 d. 21 Feb 1821 Montgomery Co, Pa, Buried Indianfield Lutheran Church, m. Hannah Wiekert Scholl, b. 8 Aug 1792 Lower Milford Twp, Bucks Co, Pa
4. John Cressman b. 13 Mar 1786, d. 1860 m. Hannah Barndt
5. Anthony Cressman b. 5 Nov 1787 d. 19 Feb 1864 m. Sarah b. 16 July 1789
6. Daniel Cressman b. 25 Aug 1789
7. Samuel B. Cressman b. 25 Aug 1789 Montgomery Co, Pa
8. William Cressman b. 7 Sept 1791
9. Maria Magdalena "Mary" Crossman/Cressman b. 9 Aug 1794
10. George Cressman b. 1 May 1798 Telford, Montgomery Co, Pa, [unproven as of now]
11. Hannah Cressman b. 10 Jan 1806
PAULUS BRODT born in Lixheim, Alsace, son of Simon Brodt b. abt 1650, married  Maria Gassert 22 Jan 1715, she was born Hellering-Les-Fenetrange
1. Johannes Simon Brodt b. 9 Feb 1721
[apparently Maria Gassert died in childbirth or results from childbirth because Paul married Maria Rieger in 1722]
Married Second: MARIA RUGER/RIEGER 23 Oct 1722
1. Susanna Brodt b. 1725 Diedendorf, Lixheim, Alsace
2. SAMUEL BRODT b. 1726 Diedendorf, Lixheim, Alsace
3. David Brodt b. 1727 Diedendorf, Lixheim, Alsace
4. Maria Elizabeth Brodt b. 1729 Diedendorf, Lixheim, Alsace
5. Maria Susanna Brodt b. 1730 Diedendorf, Lixheim. Alsace
6. Johanetha Brodt b. 1732 Diedendorf, Lixheim, Alsace
7. Johann Paul Brodt b. 19 Sep 1733 Diedendorf, Lixheim, Alsace
8. Christophel Brodt b. 1735 Diedendorf, Lixheim, Alsace
9. Johannes Simon Brodt b. 1737 Diedendorf, Lixheim. Alsace
SIMON BRODT b. abt 1650, was Mayor of Lixheim, Germany
source: The Wotring/Woodring Family of Pennsylvania Bell & Granquist
Burgert: 18th Century Emmigrants from Northern Alsace to North America
LDS Ancestral File
1. Maria Catharine Brodt b. 1676 Lixheim, Alsace married Abraham Wotring, he was born 1674 Alsace-Lorraine, he was a miller, Immigrated 1733 Port of Philadelphia on Ship: "John and William", son of John Peter [Vautrin] Wotring b. 26 Feb 1643 Kirrberg, Alsace-Lorraine & Maria Simon b. 1641
1. Maria Wotring b. 1699 Fenetrange, Lorraine, France
2. Abraham Wotring b. 11 Jul 1700 Fenetrange, Lorraine, France
3. Hans Peter Wotring b. 1702 Fenetrange, Lorraine, France
4. johanna Wotring b. 5 Apr 1703
5. Anna Catharine Wotring b. 13 Feb 1707 Fenetrange, France
6. Anna Maria Wotring b. 20 Jul 1708 Fenetrange, France
7. Maria Elizabeth Wotring b. 5 Feb 1712 Fenetrange, France
8. Samuel Wotring b. 1714 Fenetrange, Lorraine, Alsace, France
3. PAUL BRODT b. Lixheim, Alsace
ANTHONY CRESSMAN b. 6 May 1730 Trapp, Philadelphia, Pa, d. 3 Mar 1789 Rockhill Twp, Bucks Co, Pa, son of Johannes Cressman b. bef 1710 Germany, & Anna Maria, married Magdalena Ruhl b. 2 Oct 1739, daughter of Peter Ruhl born bef 1712 & Sarah b. aft 1710
1. Elizabeth Cressman b. 18 Oct 1752 Franconia Twp, Montgomery co, PA
2. John Cressman b. 13 Feb 1754 Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co PA
3. John Jacob Cressman b. 1755 Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co PA
4. ABRAHAM CRESSMAN b. 15 Jan 1758 married Susannah Brodt
5. Elizabeth Cressman b. 21 Jun 1760 Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, PA [Magdalina Ruhl must have died in childbirth or from results of childbirth because Anthony married Sarah Thomas 28 Oct 1760 Augustus Evangelical Lutheran church, Trapp, Upper Providence Twp, Montgomery Co, PA]
Anthony married Second: Sarah Thomas 28 Oct 1760 Augustus Evangelical Lutheran church, Trapp, Upper Providence Twp, Montgomery Co, PA]
1. Catharine Cressman b. 1762 Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, PA
2. Sarah Cressman b. 22 Dec 1767
3. Catharine Cressman b. 1 Jul 1768 Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, PA
4. John Adam Cressman b. 23 Jan 1774 Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, PA
JOHANNES CROSSMAN b. 10 Sep 1707 Pfungstadt, Hesse-Darmstadt, Germany d. 1786 Pennsylvania, buried Fuhrman Graveyard, son of Johann Valentine E Crossman & Anna Maria Hubner, he married Anna Catharine Heilman b. abt 1709 Klein Neidersheim, Palatinate, [Germany]
1. ANTHONY CROSSMAN b. 6 May 1730 Trapp, Philadelphia, PA [above]
2. Elizabeth Crossman
3. John Crossman
4. Mary Crossman
5. Cathrina Crossman
6. Hannah Crossman b. 1740 Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, PA
7. Esther Crossman
JOHANN VALENTINE E CROSSMAN b. 13 Oct 1667 Pfungstadt, Hesse-Damstadt, Germany d. 17 May 1730 Pfungstadt, Hesse-Damstadt, Germany, he was Baptized 13 Oct 1677 Pfungstadt, Germany, he was son of Johannes Frederick Crossman b. 26 Nov 1629 Germany & Catharina b. abt 1645 Pfungstadt, Hesse-Damstadt, Germany, he married Anna Maria Hubner 24 Jan 1693 Pfungstadt, Germany, she was b. abt 1671 of Klein, Neiderscheim, Germany
1. Johan Nicholas Crossman b. 27 Oct 1693 Pfungstadt, Germany
2. Johan Nicholas Crossman b. 31 Oct 1695
3. Johan George "Jurg" Crossman b. 28 Oct 1697 Pfungstadt, Ger.
4. Maria Elisabetha Crossman b. abt 1699 Pfungstadt, Ger.
5. Anna Sybilla Crossman b. 11 Nov 1701 Pfungstadt, Ger.
6. Maria Elisabetha Marrilies Crossman b. 14 Jan 1703 Ger.
7. JOHANNES CROSSMAN b. 10 sep 1707 Hesse, Ger, [above]
5. *Salome Brodt b. 1769 Indian Creek, Montgomery Co, Pa [above]
6. Anna Maria Magdalena Brodt b. 24 May 1764 Indian Creek, Montgomery Co, Pa, d. 1 Sept 1844, m. Isaac Gerhart/Gerhard, b. 26 Nov 1762 Earlington, Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, Pa Baptized 26 Nov 1762 Indian Creek Reformed Church, son of Johan Peter Gerhart & Elisabeth Schmidt, he was a Miller
1. Henry B. Gerhart b. 21 Mar 1783 Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, Pa
2. Isaac B. Gerhart b. 26 May 1784 Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, Pa m. Magdalena b. 1788
3. Jacob B. Gerhart b. 12 Dec 1785 Franconia Tqp, Montgomery Co, Pa
4. Elizabeth B. Gerhart b. 1787
5. Abraham B. Gerhart b. 20 Feb 1789 d. 12 Oct 1836 Bucks Co, Pa Buried Tohickon Reformed Church, m. Hannah Leidy 16 Nov 1806 Tohickon Reformed Church, Bedminister, Bucks Co, Pa, b. 24 June 1790 Pa d. 2 June 1839 Bucks Co, Pa Buried Tohickon Reformed Church, Bedminister
6. Samuel B. Gerhart b. 8 Aug 1790 d. 2 Sept 1792
7. Juliana B. Gerhart b. 6 July 1792 m. Henry Hartman
8. Adam B. Gerhart b. 7 Feb 1794 m. Hannah
9. Johannes B. Gerhart b. 30 Mar 1798 d. 23 Feb 1832 Bucks Co, Pa, Buried Tohickon Reformed Church
10. Sarah B. Gerhart b. 1801 m. Henry Rickert 23 Jun 1820
11. Peter B. Gerhart b. 1802 Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, Pa d. 5 Mar 1845 m. margaret Rebecca Wagner Gabel b. 17 Nov 1807 Hilltown Twp, Bucks Co, Pa
12. Jonathan B. Gerhart b. 6 Oct 1803
13. Maria Magdalena Gerhart b. 22 Mar 1805 d. 25 Mar in Almont, Bucks Co, Pa , buried Jerusalem Church, m. Thomas Wenhold 2 July 1826 Tohickon Reformed Church, Bedminister, Bucks Co, Pa b. 11 Nov 1804 d. 16 Feb 1885, Baptized 18 Nov 1804
JOHAN PETER GERHART b. 1716 Erdesbach, Pfalz, Germany d. 30 Dec 1766 Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, PA buried Indian Creek Reformed Church at the age of 50, he was the son of Johan Paul Gerhardt & Sara Elizabeth Schreiner, he married Elisabeth Schmidt, she was born 29 Oct 1723 Pfalz, Germany
1. Maria Margaretha Gerhard b. 4 Apr 1744
2. Abraham Gerhard b. 8 Dec 1745
3. Cathrina Gerhard b. 2 Aug 1747
4. Conrad Gerhard b. 21 Feb 1749
5. Jacob Gerhard b. 10 Nov 1750
6. Peter Gerhard b. 1 Dec 1752
7. Johannes Gerhard b. bef 19 Apr 1755
8. Elizabeth Gerhard b. 26 Mar 1757
9. Anna Magdalina Gerhard b. 7 Apr 1759
10. Barbara Gerhard b. bef 1 Dec 1760 Earlington, Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, PA
11. ISAAC GERHARD b. bef 26 Nov 1762 Earlington, Franconia Twp, Montgomery Co, PA [above]
JOHAN PAUL GERHARDT b. abt 1683 Ulmeth, Pfalz, Germany Baptized 23 Jan 1684 Ulmeth German Reformed Church, son of Hans Nickel Gerhardt b. Germany & Barbera b. Germany, he married Sara Elisabeth Schreiner b. in Ulmeth, Pfalz, Germany.
1. JOHAN PETER GERHART b. 1716 Erdesbach, Pfalz, Germany [above]
7. Samuel Brode b. 13 Mar 1767 Indian Creek, Montgomery Co, Pa, m. 1793, Upper Hanover Twp, Montgomery Co, Pa, New Goshenhoppen Reformed Church, Anna Barbara Berkstresser, daughter of Valentine Berkstresser & Elisabeth Negley, b. 27 Feb 1765 Bucks Co, Pa d. 18 Mar 1853 Saxton, Bedford Co, Pa
[Alot of this info comes from the Ludlow-Ross Genealogy, Family Treemaker on Internet, from genealogy.com]
VALENTINE BERKSTRESSER b. Nov 1737 Bucks Co, PA d. Sep 1780 Bucks Co,PA, son of Johann George Bergstrasser b. 15 Dec 1717 Malchen, Germany & Veronica, he married Elizabeth Negley b. Frankfort am Main, Germany, they married in Bucks Co, PA
1. George E Berkstresser b. 1 oct 1763 Bucks Co, PA
2. ANN BARBARA BERKSTRESSER b. 27 Feb 1765 Bucks Co, PA
3. John Henry Berkstresser b. 8 Jul 1766 Bucks Co, PA
4. Christiana Berkstresser b. 2 Nov 1767 Bucks Co, PA
5. Veronice Fronica Berkstresser b. 11 Sep 1769 Bucks Co, PA
6. Maria Catharine Berkstresser b. 26 Apr 1772 Bucks Co, PA
7. Anna Christina Berkstresser b. 1 Mar 1774 Bucks Co, PA
8. Elizabeth Berkstresser b. 1777 Bucks Co,PA
9. Christiana Berkstresser b. 1779 Bucks Co, PA
The earliest ancestor of whom we have definite knowledge is Samuel Brode who married Anna Barbara Berkstresser. We do not have the dates of the birth, marriage or death of Samuel but we have the date of death of Anna B. wife of Samuel Brode recorded on the grave marker in the Fockler Cemetery in Saxton, Pa. The inscription reads: d. Mar 18, 1853, age 88 years 19 days.
The Brodes are of German descent being known as "Pennsylvania Dutch" The name is not uncommon along the Rhine today. They lived first in Bucks Co, Penn. At least some of the children including Jonathan were born there. The family later moved to Bedford Co, near the town of Saxton, where the house in which they lived is still standing.
1. Susannah Brode b. 16 Feb 1806 d. 1 Sept 1887 New Grenada, Fulton Co, Pa m. George Haupt/Houp 14 Oct 1827 b. 28 Aug 1803 d. bef 1887
Source: Email Darlene [Horton] Yohe
2. Samuel D. Brode b. 10 sep 1795 m. Elizabeth Claar abt 1853, b. 20 Nov 1833 Queen, Bedford Co, Pa d. 30 Apr 1888 Claysburg, Blair Co, Pa, buried Upper Claar Cemetery
1. Joseph Claar Brode, m. Unknown,
1. Harry c. Brode
2. Nelson Brode
3. Ira Brode
4. Charles Brode
5. Grover C. Brode
6. Elizabeth Brode
7. Bertha Brode
[Names Samuel with birthdate, but not who he married]
3. Jonathan Brode b. 1783 d. 1837 m. Sarah Donaldson 6 Dec 1818, b. 1787 d. 22 June 1874
1. Esther Donaldson Brode died 1859 m. Philip Stoler
1. Saray Ann Stoler
2. Minerva Stoler m. Curtis
1. Dora Minerva Curtis m. Dietrich;  Robert B. Garrett
2. Samuel Donaldson Brode b. 1820 d. 1864 m. Catherine Fluke b. 1826 d. 1872
1. Wilson Monroe Brode b. 1850 m. Mary Elizabeth Barnett b. 1860
1. George Barnett Brode b. 1882 d. 1963 m. Jessie M. Shannon died 1913.  Pearl Kahn b. 1895
Child by Jessie was:
1. George Gordon Brode b. 1912 d. 1964
Children by Pearl are:
1. Robert Monroe Brode b. 1920
2. Pearl Elizabeth Brode b. 1921
2. Clancey Cooke Brode b. 1887 d. 1962 m. Helen Jeannette Greene b. 1892, they had: Mary Beverly Brode b. 1926 d. 1926
2. George Watson Brode b. 1851 d. 1916 m. Clara Lovett b. 1850 d. 1919
1. Ellis Glenwood Brode b. 1880
2. Elizabeth Lovett Brode b. 1883 m. Reuben Springer Japp
3. Lota Kirk Brode b. 1885 m. Clyde L. Westcott b. 1881 d. 1918
4. Madge Adeline Brode b. 1886 d. 1887
5. Hallie Brode b. 1887 m. Daniel Henry Theda, they had: Hope Vivian Theda b. 1915
6. Winifred Hazel Brode b. 1891 m. John Henry II Auble, they had: John Henry III Auble b. 1912
3. Virginia Catherine Brode b. 1853 d. 1861
4. Charles Wesley Brode b. 1854 m. Emma f. Gorsuch b. 1857 d. 1924
1. Forest Brode b. 1879 d. 1879
2. Maggie May Brode b. 1881 m. John W. McCrady b 1871
1. Elvin Brode McCrady b. 1905 m Mabel Edith Landsettle b. 1906
1. Patricia McCrady b. 1930
2. William Dayton McCrady b. 1932
3. Ross Clymer Brode b. 1883 d. 1918 m Hattie Souser b. 1884
1. Bertha Catherine Brode b. 1909 m. George Young b. 1906, they had: Doris Ann Young b. 1931
2. Florence Elizabeth Brode b. 1910
4. Edna C. Brode b. 1887 m. Thomas Dyson  Alvie M. Schurtz b. 1876
5. Ida F. Brode b. 1889 m. Lewis B. Draper, they had: Wallace Brode Draper b. 1925
3. 4. David E. Brode
5. Michael Brode married Mary Christine
6. Sarah Brode
8. Frederick Brode b. 1770 Indian Creek, Montgomery Co, Pa married Magdalena Stibel 23 Nov 1794 Tohickon Reformed church, Bucks Co, PA by Rev. Nicholas Pomp
1. Susanna Brodt b. 1795
2. Magdalene Brodt b. 13 Jul 1810 Northampton Co, PA
9. Charlotta Brode b. 20 Jan 1773 Indian Creek, Montgomery Co, Pa
Ancestors and Extended Families:
Non Profit Foundation For Foster Children:
Castles of my mind genealogy (http://www.freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~bonsteinandgilpin/)
This page belongs to Tanya Johnson.