Descendants of Hugh of Abernethy
Generation No. 1
Child of HUGH OF ABERNETHY is:
2. i. ORM OF2 ABERNETHY, b. alive 1160-90 in the reign of Malcolm IV
Generation No. 2
2. ORM OF2 ABERNETHY (HUGH OF1) was born in alive 1160-90 in the reign of Malcolm IV.
Children of ORM OF ABERNETHY are:
3. i. LAWRENCE3 ABERNETHY, b. alive in 1230 probably born between 1160-70.
ii. MARGARET ABERNETHY, m. HENRY DE REUEL.
Generation No. 3
3. LAWRENCE3 ABERNETHY (ORM OF2, HUGH OF1) was born in alive in 1230 probably born between 1160-70. He married DEVORGUILE UNKNOWN.
Child of LAWRENCE ABERNETHY and DEVORGUILE UNKNOWN is:
4. i. SIR PATRICK4 ABERNETHY, b. alive 1230-1260; d. Bef. 1257.
Generation No. 4
4. SIR PATRICK4 ABERNETHY (LAWRENCE3, ORM OF2, HUGH OF1) was born in alive 1230-1260, and died Bef. 1257.
Children of SIR PATRICK ABERNETHY are:
i. WILLIAM DE5 ABERNETHY.
5. ii. HUGH DE ABERNETHY, b. 1197; d. Bef. September 03, 1296.
iii. HENRY DE ABERNETHY. (Unverified)
iv. MARJORY DE ABERNETHY, m. HUGH DE DOUGLAS, 1259.
v. WILLIAM DE ABERNETHY.
Generation No. 5
5. HUGH DE5 ABERNETHY (SIR PATRICK4, LAWRENCE3, ORM OF2, HUGH OF1) was born 1197, and died Bef. September 03, 1296. He married MARY OF CAITHNESS, daughter of MAGNUS OF CAITHNESS.
Children of HUGH ABERNETHY and MARY CAITHNESS are:
i. PATRICK6 ABERNETHY.
ii. WILLIAM ABERNETHY.
6. iii. LORD ALEXANDER ABERNETHY, b. Aft. 1272; d. 1312.
iv. WILLIAM ABERNETHY.
Generation No. 6
6. LORD ALEXANDER6 ABERNETHY (HUGH DE5, SIR PATRICK4, LAWRENCE3, ORM OF2, HUGH OF1) was born Aft. 1272, and died 1312.
Children of LORD ALEXANDER ABERNETHY are:
7. i. MARY7 ABERNETHY.
ii. MARGARET ABERNETHY, m. ALEXANDER EARL OF ANGUS FRASER, Abt. 1329; b. Philorth.
iii. HELEN ABERNETHY, m. (1) DAVID EARL OF CRAWFORD DE LINDESAY; m. (2) DAVID EARL OF CRAWFORD DE LINDESAY.
Generation No. 7
7. MARY7 ABERNETHY (LORD ALEXANDER6, HUGH DE5, SIR PATRICK4, LAWRENCE3, ORM OF2, HUGH OF1) She married (1) ANDREW 6TH BARON DE LESLIE Abt. 1313, son of NORMAN LESLIE and ELIZABETH LEITH. He died Bef. 1325. She married (2) DAVID LINDSAY Abt. 1325. He was born in of Crawford, ancestor of the Earls of Crawford. She married (3) DAVID LINDSAY Abt. 1325. He was born in of Crawford, ancestor of the Earls of Crawford.
More About ANDREW 6TH BARON DE LESLIE: Fact:: signed the 1320 Declaration of Arbroath
Children of MARY ABERNETHY and ANDREW LESLIE are:
i. GEORGE 1ST BARON OF BALQUHAIN8 LESLIE, b. Balquhain, Aberdeenshire, Scotland; d. Abt. 1351; m. ELIZABETH KEITH; b. Inverugie, Scotland. Occupation: sixth dominus ejusdem
ii. ANDREW SIR DE LESLIE.
iii. NORMAN LESLIE.
iv. WALTER EARL OF ROSS LESLIE.
v. JOHN EARLS OF ROTHES LESLIE.
NOTES on the Abernethy Family
The Round Tower of Abernethy
Saltoun, Alexander F. The Frasers of Philorth. Edinburgh, 1879.
Item notes: v.2
The Seal of Lord Alexander Abernethy
Saltoun, Alexander F. The Frasers of Philorth.
Edinburgh, 1879. Item notes: v.2
Abernethy, John S. The Life and Work of James Abernethy: Past President of the Institution of Civil Engineers. London: T. Brettell & Co, 1897.
Abernethy, Thomas P. The Antecedents of the Abernethy Family in Scotland, Virginia, and Alabama. Charlottesville, Va?: s.n, 1966
Allan, Archibald. History of Channelkirk. J. Thin, 1900
Butler, D. The Ancient Church and Parish of Abernethy, An Historical Study. W. Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh 1897
Campbell, James. Balmerino and Its Abbey A Parish History with Notices of the Adjacent District. William Blackwood and Sons, 1899
Chalmers, George. Caledonia: or, a historical and topographical account of North Britain from the most ancient to the present times, with a dictionary of places, chorographical and philological. New Edition Vol. II. Paisley : Alexander Gardner, 1887.
Cokayne, George Edward. Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct, Or Dormant. G. Bell & sons, 1896. Item notes: v.7 S-T
Innes, Cosmo. Sketches of Early Scotch History and Social Progress: Church Organization, the University, Home Life. Edmonston and Douglas, 1861
Leslie, Charles Joseph. Historical records of the family of Leslie : from 1067 to 1868-9, Collected from Public Records and Authentic Private Sources, Vol. I. Edinburgh: Edmonston and Douglas, 1869.
Saltoun, Alexander F. The Frasers of Philorth. Edinburgh, 1879. Item notes: v.2
Stuart, John. The Miscellany of the Spalding Club. Aberdeen: Printed for the Club, 5th Volume.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids