|Apache County, Arizona — |
Information Updated for: Jan 16, 2012
Formed from: portions of Yavapai County [one of four original counties] 24-Feb-1879.|
County Seat: St. Johns, Arizona|
- Apache County is named in honor of the Apache Indians, hense these indigenous peoples of North America speak a Southern Athabaskan (Apachean) language, which is related linguistically to the languages of Athabaskan speakers of Alaska and western Canada. The modern term Apache excludes the related Navajo people. However, the Navajo and the other Apache groups are clearly related through culture and language, and thus are considered Apachean. Apachean peoples formerly ranged over eastern Arizona, northwestern Mexico, New Mexico, Texas and the southern Great Plains.
|GHLL Apache County Package:|
Additional Local History/Genealogy:
- American History & Genealogy Project - Apache County AHGP
- Cemetery Listings - may include photos, records, name lists, etc..
- Cities/Towns/Townships - compiled by Wikipedia
- Genealogy Forum - Apache County, AZ Genealogy Forum (Genealogy.com)
- Society/Museum/Assn - (Apache County Historical Society and Museum / St. Johns, AZ)
- US/AZGenWeb site - Apache County Archives
- US/AZGenWeb - Apache County Genealogy & History
- Apache County Vital Records - Apache Clerk of The Court, Apache County, P.O. Box 365, St. Johns, AZ 85936.
Note: Some county offices carry vital records, others do not. Many have different offices for handling specific types
of vital records and holdings may vary.
Adjacent counties (GHLL listings):|
Greenlee County (south), Graham County (south), Navajo County (west),
Montezuma County, Colorado (northeast), San Juan County, Utah (north),
San Juan County, New Mexico (east), McKinley County, New Mexico (east),
Cibola County, New Mexico (east), Catron County, New Mexico (east).
Arizona Biographical Database - There are over 100,000 entries in the database.
Canyon de Chelly - National Park Service.
Please report links or information that should be updated or added:
Correction or addition Report for this county - just copy/paste the URL for this page & the item(s) which concern you.