RootsWeb and FrontPage Tutorials
- RootsWeb Message Board Graphics and Validation - If you have ever added a RootsWeb Graphic for one of the Message Boards and then tried to get it to validate, this tutorial with examples is for you.
- Saving excel tables without inline styles to FrontPage - A tutorial on pasting your Excel files into FrontPage without the excess code by exporting the Excel file to a comma delimited (csv) file, opening into Notepad and pasting into FrontPage.
- Saving Word and Excel Tables in FrontPage, alternative way - A tutorial on pasting you Excel files into FrontPage without excess code by adding the table layout in Excel and then pasting into Notepad then FrontPage.
- Clean Excel files in Expression Web - This step-by-step tutorial should also work in FrontPage.
- Sort Table - Make your HTML tables sortable
- Trouble shooting Images - Published your site and now your images don't show? Learn how to troubleshoot what might be wrong.
- Adding and Validating a FreeFind Search Engine - FreeFind is one of the free search engines available to genealogists to add to their site. If you try and validate the page, it will fail. Learn how to correct the errors.
- Data Tables in FrontPage - A step-by-step tutorial for creating a data table in FrontPage and apply styles.
- Website Navigation Structure
- Commenting and CSS - Adding comments to your CSS can help you organize your styles into sections and explain what they are for (in case you forget in the future).
- Commenting Your HTML Code - The comment tag is used to insert a comment in the source code. Comments within your source code can be used to explain your code which may help you with editing at a later date. The comment code will be ignored by the browser.
- Subwebs and Permissions - A named subdirectory, which is called a subweb, is a complete web site nested inside another web site. The site that contains a subweb is called a root or parent web. Since the first version of FrontPage, subwebs have been supported, and with FrontPage 2000, the concept of nested subwebs was introduced.
- Publishing Your website with FrontPage 2003 - Step-by-step instructions for publishing to any of the Rootsweb servers.
- Creating and Validating a Rootsweb Guestbook - Step-by-step instructions for creating and validating your Rootsweb guestbooks.
- Importing Files and Folders into a FrontPage Web
- Remote Publishing from the RootsWeb Servers
Tutorials from Genealogy Web Creations
- Converting a Theme Based - Shared Border Web to DWT
- Creating a FrontPage Web the Proper Way
- FrontPage Photo Galleries
- Publishing Your Website From Your Remote Server
- What to do in FrontPage when extra files are generated as a result of saving pages from the Internet
Alphabetical Listing of ALL Tutorials Available (from all sites)