Descendants of Archibald Carroll
Compiled by Gary Corbett Kirkland (email@example.com)
© 2002-2015, all rights reserved
1. ARCHIBALD1 CARROLL1 was born June 04, 1810 in Horry Co. South Carolina, and died August 02, 1893; buried with his wife in Jones Cemetery, Callahan, Nassau Co. FL. He married MARY ELIZABETH (Betsey) ROWELL, daughter of JAMES ROWELL, SR. She was born 1828 in Wayne Co. Ga, and died May 19, 1905 in Nassau Co. FL.
Notes for ARCHIBALD CARROLL:
Enlisted Feb. 4, 1863 in Company "K" 63rd Regiment CSA as a substitute for William Rutherford per Vol. # 8 of the Pioneers of Wiregrass Ga. He is also listed in Vol. # 1 of the History of Pierce Co. Ga.
1840 Horry Co South Carolina Census 1 male 20 to 30 years 1 female 40-50 years 1 female 70-80 years.
1850 Ware Co Ga census. 89th Dist.
1860 Pierce Co Ga census. Blackshear P.O.
1870 Nassau Co FL.
The family was in FL by 1867 when their last child Mary Ann was born.
Children of ARCHIBALD CARROLL and MARY (BETSEY) ROWELL are:
2. i. SARAH JANE2 CARROLL, b. September 02, 1847, Pierce Co. Ga; d. April 04, 1921.
3. ii. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN CARROLL, b. May 03, 1848, Georgia.
4. iii. JAMES S. (JIM) CARROLL, b. September 14, 1849, Charlton Co. Ga; d. Abt. 1900, Buried River Junction.
iv. ARCHIBALD CARROLL, b. 1851, Pierce Co. Ga; m. ELIZABETH TYNER, March 13, 1874.
5. v. MATTHEW MARK CARROLL, b. June 09, 1852, Blackshear, Pierce Co.Georgia; d. May 03, 1943, Jacksonville, Duval Co.
6. vi. JOHN B. CARROLL, b. January 01, 1854, Pierce Co. Ga was Ware Co.; d. Abt. 1932; m. MARY ELIZABETH KEEN.
7. vii. ELIAS CARROLL, b. January 01, 1855, Wayne Co. Ga; d. June 09, 1919, Bryceville, Nassau Co. FL.
viii. DAVID CARROLL, b. 1857.
8. ix. TEMPIE CARROLL, b. November 19, 1861, Georgia.
9. x. MARY ANN CARROLL, b. July 27, 1867, FL.; d. December 13, 1959.
xi. HENRY CARROLL, b. 1868, FL.
xii. ELIZABETH (BETSY) CARROLL, b. 1870, FL.
2. SARAH JANE2 CARROLL (ARCHIBALD1) was born September 02, 1847 in Pierce Co. Ga, and died April 04, 1921. She married GEORGE WASHINGTON BARBER June 1865.
Children of SARAH CARROLL and GEORGE BARBER are:
i. ELIZABETH3 BARBER, b. April 05, 1866; d. July 07, 1879.
ii. ARCHIBALD G BARBER, b. June 27, 1868; m. EUNICE CREWS.
iii. JAMES SAMUEL BARBER, b. August 31, 1870, Died Young.
iv. ARDELIA I BARBER, b. December 05, 1872; m. (1) CREWS; m. (2) DAVE SMITH.
v. GEORGE WASHINGTON BARBER, b. December 30, 1874; m. LITHA P.
vi. BENJAMIN ROBERT BARBER, d. December 25, 1876; m. MARTHA ROWELL.
vii. EPHRAIM J. OLIVER BARBER, b. December 11, 1879; m. EVELYN EVANS.
viii. JOHN WILEY BARBER, b. December 18, 1882; m. (1) VICK; m. (2) MINNIE.
ix. DAVID ELIAS BARBER, b. September 06, 1884; m. LILLIE.
x. MATHEW LEVI BARBER, b. July 20, 1887; m. SARAH.
3. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN2 CARROLL (ARCHIBALD1) was born May 03, 1848 in Georgia. He married (1) MARTHA PRINGLE. She was born October 03, 1853, and died August 10, 1898. He married (2) AMANDA PRINGLE Abt. 1889, daughter of JAMES PRINGLE and ELIZABETH GREEN. She was born December 05, 1865 in Bryceville, Nassau, FL., and died December 11, 1951.
Children of BENJAMIN CARROLL and MARTHA PRINGLE are:
i. JOHN3 CARROLL, b. 1868.
10. ii. DAVID CARROLL, b. 1875.
iii. SARAH CARROLL, b. 1875.
iv. ADELIN CARROLL, b. 1878.
v. JESSE S. CARROLL, b. 1883.
11. vi. TEMPLE E. CARROLL, b. December 1884; d. April 29, 1910.
vii. MATTIE R. CARROLL, b. February 26, 1887, Duval Co.; d. March 07, 1934, Jacksonville, Duval Co.; m. GEORGE OLIVER COWERT.
viii. ESTER A. CARROLL, b. April 1896; d. April 1972; m. BERT SMITH.
Children of BENJAMIN CARROLL and AMANDA PRINGLE are:
ix. JAMES R.3 CARROLL, b. December 1899.
x. ANDREW J. CARROLL.
xi. ROBERT L. CARROLL.
xii. BENJAMIN J. CARROLL.
4. JAMES S. (JIM)2 CARROLL (ARCHIBALD1) was born September 14, 1849 in Charlton Co. Ga, and died Abt. 1900 in Buried River Junction. He married SARAH JANE WHITE Abt. 1872. She was born in Quitman, Clarke, Mississippi, and died December 31, 1935 in Jacksonville, Duval, FL.; buried Jones Cemetery, Callahan, FL.
Children of JAMES CARROLL and SARAH WHITE are:
12. i. EMMA REBECCA3 CARROLL, b. October 1873, Nassau, FL.; d. 1950, Union, FL. and is buried Swift Creek Cemetery LakeButler,FL.
13. ii. JESSIE FRANCES CARROLL, b. 1875, Nassau co. FL.; d. August 25, 1903.
iii. THOMAS A. (BUD) CARROLL, b. 1876, Nassau co. FL.; d. July 1940; m. ELLA BURNEY, October 27, 1901.
iv. JOSEPH CARROLL, b. 1878, Nassau co. FL.
v. JAMES MADISON CARROLL, b. September 17, 1879, Callahan, FL; d. August 11, 1909.
vi. CATHERN L. CARROLL, b. August 27, 1881, Callahan, FL.
vii. SIMON CARROLL, b. February 22, 1884, Callahan, FL; d. November 23, 1932; m. JOSEPHINE SMITH, October 15, 1904.
14. viii. WILLIE ALEXANDER CARROLL, b. October 26, 1884, Callahan, FL; d. January 04, 1920, Satsuma, Putnam, FL.
ix. HARRY H. GRAVES CARROLL, b. November 01, 1889, Callahan, FL; d. February 04, 1945; m. BESSIE.
x. ELLIE ELIZABETH CARROLL, b. October 23, 1892, Callahan, Nassau, FL.; m. NEAL MITCHELL SMITH, November 06, 1904; b. Abt. 1880.
5. MATTHEW MARK2 CARROLL (ARCHIBALD1) was born June 09, 1852 in Blackshear, Pierce Co.Georgia, and died May 03, 1943 in Jacksonville, Duval Co. He married MARIETTE LIVINGSTON.
Children of MATTHEW CARROLL and MARIETTE LIVINGSTON are:
i. DELLA3 CARROLL, b. 1882, FL.
ii. ROCKSEY CARROLL, b. 1885, FL.
iii. CHARLIE CARROLL, b. 1888, FL.
iv. MATTHEW CARROLL, b. 1890, FL.
v. JANE CARROLL, b. 1892, FL.
6. JOHN B.2 CARROLL (ARCHIBALD1)2 was born January 01, 1854 in Pierce Co. Ga was Ware Co., and died Abt. 1932. He married MARY ELIZABETH KEEN October 24, 1874. She was born June 17, 1853, and died February 20, 1928. Both buried in Keen Cem, Nassau Co. FL.
Children of JOHN CARROLL and MARY KEEN are:
i. FRANCES MARION (FRANK)3 CARROLL, b. September 09, 1874.
ii. WILLIAM LEWIS CARROLL, b. February 08, 1877.
iii. ARCHIBALD CARROLL, b. 1878.
iv. NANCY ELIZABETH “Nanny” CARROLL, b. April 09, 1879; m. JOHN STOKES.
v. JAMES CARROLL, b. February 1880.
vi. GEORGIA EVALINA CARROLL, b. November 29, 1881; m. BUD MCCLAIN.
vii. PENCY DELORES CARROLL, b. May 01, 1884; d. December 25, 1975; m. FRANK O'NEAL.
15. viii. TEMPA ESTELLA “Dollie” CARROLL, b. April 23, 1886; d. March 31, 1966, buried Oak Grove Cem. Baker Co. FL; m. (1)JOSEPH A. KIRKLAND, (2) GEORGE EALIE JOHNSON SR.
ix. EMMA REBECCA CARROLL, b. August 19, 1888.
x. JOHN “Johnny” MIDDLETON CARROLL, b. September 01, 1891.
16. xi. ELLA LEE CARROLL, b. November 15, 1892; d. February 27, 1960, Buried at Bradenton,FL. She m. JAMES HENRY DAVIS.
17. xii. HERMAN SAMUEL CARROLL, b. May 14, 1901; d. August 22, 1974.
7. ELIAS2 CARROLL (ARCHIBALD1) was born January 01, 1855 in Wayne Co. Ga, and died June 09, 1919 in Bryceville, Nassau Co. He married NANCY P. KEEN June 06, 1875.
Children of ELIAS CARROLL and NANCY KEEN are:
i. HENRY3 CARROLL, b. 1875.
ii. ARGENT CARROLL, b. 1878.
iii. JULIA CARROLL, b. 1881.
iv. JAMES CARROLL, b. 1883.
v. ELIAS CARROLL, b. 1875.
vi. HARNEY CARROLL, b. 1887.
vii. NORA CARROLL, b. 1891.
8. TEMPIE2 CARROLL (ARCHIBALD1) was born November 19, 1861 in Georgia. She married JERMIAH M. KEEN June 06, 1875. He was born 1856.
Children of TEMPIE CARROLL and JEREMIAH KEEN are:
i. ANDREW3 KEEN, b. 1876; m. EDITH.
18. ii. JERRY JACKSON KEEN, b. 1880.
iii. MARY KEEN, b. 1882; m. JIM HARRIS.
iv. JENNIE KEEN, b. 1885; m. JIM CAMPBELL.
v. GEORGE WALLACE KEEN, b. January 24, 1889; m. ANNIE PEARL.
19. vi. JAMES MONROE KEEN, b. March 12, 1890.
vii. OWEN LAMAR KEEN, b. August 24, 1892; m. MARY CELICK.
20. viii. DAVID CARLTON KEEN, b. October 09, 1894; d. 1951.
ix. CORBETT C KEEN, b. 1897.
9. MARY ANN2 CARROLL (ARCHIBALD1) was born July 27, 1867 in FL., and died December 13, 1959. She married WILLIAM CREWS.
Children of MARY CARROLL and WILLIAM CREWS are:
i. ELIZABETH3 CREWS, b. 1882.
ii. JOSEPH CREWS, b. 1883.
iii. ARCHIBALD CREWS, b. 1885.
iv. TEMPIE CREWS, b. 1888.
v. CARNE CREWS, b. 1891.
vi. JOHN CREWS, b. 1894.
10. DAVID3 CARROLL (BENJAMIN FRANKLIN2, ARCHIBALD1) was born 1875. He married DESSIE LAMONIA PRINGLE, daughter of JACKSON PRINGLE and EMMA CARROLL. She was born August 1891 in Crawford,Nassau,FL, and died April 04, 1967 in Levy Co. FL.
Notes for DAVID CARROLL:
He owned a Cross Tie and Saw Mill Between Bronson and Otter Creek at a place called Lennon.
Children of DAVID CARROLL and DESSIE PRINGLE are:
21. i. ALVIE4 CARROLL.
22. ii. ANNIE CARROLL.
23. iii. ETHEL CARROLL.
iv. IDA CARROLL, m. (1) MR. WOOTEN; m. (2) LENT MORING; m. (3) JOHN WALTERS.
24. v. WALTER JACKSON CARROLL, b. July 24, 1913, FL.; d. May 08, 1993, Alachua Co FL.
25. vi. MACIE CARROLL, b. October 13, 1925, Tidewater, FL.
26. vii. CHARLIE CARROLL.
11. TEMPLE E.3 CARROLL (BENJAMIN FRANKLIN2, ARCHIBALD1) was born December 1884, and died April 29, 1910. She married WILLIAM DREW PRINGLE February 14, 1899 in Nassau Co. FL., son of DAVID PRINGLE and MARGARET FOURAKER. He was born February 14, 1878 in Nassau co. FL., and died September 13, 1956 in Duval Co. Verdie Cem. Nassau Co.3.
Children of TEMPLE CARROLL and WILLIAM PRINGLE are:
i. OSCAR ANDER4 PRINGLE, b. May 10, 1903; m. MAGGIE IRENE NETTLES.
ii. OWEN CLYDE PRINGLE, b. August 13, 1905; d. April 12, 1923.
iii. GLADYS GERTRUDE PRINGLE, b. August 28, 1907; d. March 17, 1998; m. CLYDE ALLEN, May 15, 1926.
iv. MARTHA PRINGLE, b. April 1910; d. June 1910.
12. EMMA REBECCA3 CARROLL (JAMES S. (JIM)2, ARCHIBALD1) was born October 1873 in Nassau, FL., and died 1950 in Union, FL. and is buried Swift Creek Cemetery LakeButler,FL. She married JACKSON PRINGLE3,4 October 29, 1890 in Nassau Co. FL., son of DAVID PRINGLE and MARGARET FOURAKER. He was born April 16, 1865 in Nassau, FL., and died October 31, 1937 in Union, FL. Swift Creek Cemetery Lake Butler,FL (Mt. Zion).
Children of EMMA CARROLL and JACKSON PRINGLE are:
27. i. DESSIE LAMONIA4 PRINGLE, b. August 1891, Crawford,Nassau,FL; d. April 04, 1967, Levy Co. FL.
ii. EMMA PRINGLE, b. April 1900, Crawford,Nassau,FL; d. Bef. 1910.
iii. NELLIE PRINGLE, b. November 1895, Crawford,Nassau,FL; d. 1983.
iv. VYNESSIE PRINGLE, b. December 19, 1901, Nassau,FL.; m. HARDY JOHNS, May 17, 1916; b. April 15, 1884; d. April 10, 1958.
v. MAMIE PRINGLE, b. 1910, Bryceville, Nassau, FL.; d. 1983; m. R. C. COLEMAN, August 26, 1920, Baker Co.FL.
vi. JOHN WESTLEY PRINGLE, b. 1907, Bryceville, Nassau, FL.; d. 1951; m. BLANCHE ALFORD, May 03, 1928, Baker Co.FL.
vii. RICHARD N. PRINGLE, b. October 09, 1909, Bryceville, Nassau, FL.; d. May 21, 1979; m. ROSIE O.
viii. LEON H. PRINGLE, b. March 29, 1912, Bryceville, Nassau, FL.; d. August 03, 1953.
ix. SAMMY PRINGLE, m. ISABEL BOX, January 20, 1930, Baker Co.
x. MARIE PRINGLE.
xi. LUELL PRINGLE.
13. JESSIE FRANCES3 CARROLL (JAMES S. (JIM)2, ARCHIBALD1) was born 1875 in Nassau co. FL., and died August 25, 1903. She married SIMON PETER ROWELL.
Child of JESSIE CARROLL and SIMON ROWELL is:
28. i. ELEANOR4 ROWELL, b. April 08, 1893; d. December 22, 1967.
14. WILLIE ALEXANDER3 CARROLL (JAMES S. (JIM)2, ARCHIBALD1) was born October 26, 1884 in Callahan, FL, and died January 04, 1920 in Satsuma, Putnam, FL. He married EMMA ELMIRA HODGES December 26, 1909.
Children of WILLIE CARROLL and EMMA HODGES are:
i. LONNIE WEAVER4 CARROLL, b. October 03, 1913, Crawford,Nassau,FL; d. December 03, 1970.
ii. RUBY LUCILLE CARROLL, b. November 14, 1919, Bostwick, Putnam,FL.
6-iv. NANCY ELIZABETH3 CARROLL (JOHN B.2, ARCHIBALD1) was born in 1879; d. Apr1960; m. JOHN L. STOKES(abt. 1871- xxxx). She was known as “Nanny” and “Lizzie”. Their children:
i. EFFIE PAULINE STOKES; b. abt 1901, m. ANDERSON;
ii. ANNIE M. STOKES; b. abt. 1903; m. (1)LASHLEY (2)NELSON;
iii. RUBY F. STOKES, b. abt 1905;
iv. HARRY RANDOLPH STOKES; b. abt. 1907, m. 01Jan1931, THELMER THOMAS; d. Sep1964;
v. CLAUDE ROGERS STOKES; b. 20Aug1908, d. 25Jun1938; [Death Notice]
vi. JOHN LOUIS JR STOKES; b. 23Jul1910; m. 02Sep1938, MARY MIXON; d. 21Nov1991
vii. JAMES CARROLL STOKES; b. 28Apr1915, d. 02Sep1935; [Death Notice]
viii. JOSEPH CARROLL STOKES; b. 1915, d. 1918; (twin of James?)
ix. BEATRICE S. STOKES; b. 25Jun1918; m. LEONARD J. MIKELL, d. 15Dec1988, bd. South Prong, Baker Co FL;
x. LOIS STOKES; b. abt 1922;
6-vii. PENCY DELORES3 CARROLL (JOHN B.2, ARCHIBALD1) was born May 01, 1884; d. December 25, 1975; m. FRANK O'NEAL. Their children:
i. JOHN R.4 O’NEAL; b. abt. 1907;
ii. MARY G.4 O’NEAL; b. abt. 1909;
iii. ROBERT B.4 O’NEAL; b. abt. 1913;
iv. NELLIE G.4 O’NEAL; b. abt 1913;
v. DOROTHY M.4 O’NEAL; b. abt 1920;
15. TEMPA ESTELLA3 “DOLLIE” CARROLL (JOHN B.2, ARCHIBALD1) was born April 23, 1886, and died March 31, 1966. She married (1) JOSEPH (DOZIER) A. KIRKLAND November 13, 1900 in Nassau Co. FL., son of STEPHEN KIRKLAND and MARTHA BRADDOCK. He was born January 1878 in Nassau co. FL., and died Abt. 1936 in Mill Creek Nassau Co.unmarked. She married (2) GEORGE EALIE JOHNSON SR. [PHOTO – EALIE & DOLLIE abt 1936-boy in car is Ralph Deese]
Children of TEMPA CARROLL and JOSEPH KIRKLAND are:
i. JAMES CORBETT4 KIRKLAND, b. April 30, 1902, Crawford,Nassau Co.FL.; d. July 29, 1974, Glen St Mary, FL Manntown Cem; m. (1) OLA MAE JOHNSON; b. 14 May 1903, d. 06 Oct 1943; m. (2), 13 May 1944, LECY MOLINDA RICHARDSON RHODEN; b. June 23, 1909; d. February 09, 1992.
ii. NOLA LEE KIRKLAND, b. April 12, 1904; d. 1965, Live Oak, FL.; m. LAVADA LEE DEESE.
iii. LEWIS MITCHELL KIRKLAND, b. June 24, 1906; d. June 10, 1968; m. (1) LONNIE BELLE DENTON; m. (2) EMILY CONE.
iv. JOHN STEVENSON KIRKLAND, b. November 09, 1909; d. 1997; m. NOVA IRENE GARRETT.
v. ROBERT LACY KIRKLAND, m. SADIE BURNSED.
vi. SHUBERT RICH KIRKLAND, b. April 15, 1913; d. December 1978; m. NELLIE S. SURRENCY(b. 06 Oct 1910 – 22 Sep 1987).
vii. CHARLOTTE ELIZABETH KIRKLAND, m. ALTON CRAWFORD.
viii. J. B. KIRKLAND, b. October 06, 1917; d. July 25, 1957
ix. JOSEPHINE KIRKLAND, b. February 02, 1919.
x. EDGAR FRANK KIRKLAND, b. April 30, 1922; d. April 11, 1996; m. (1) CAMILLA ASHE; m. (2) NONA HOLLOWAY.
Children of TEMPA CARROLL and GEORGE EALIE JOHNSON SR. are:
xi. GEORGE EALIE Jr JOHNSON, b.31 Aug 1925, d. 03 Jun 2012, m. INEZ RHODEN.
xii. TEX RICKARD JOHNSON, b. 21 Jun 1928, d. 12 Jul 1989, m. BETTY SADLER.
xiii. ROSA ESTELLA JOHNSON, b. 1927; d. 01 Jun 2002; m. LESLIE CROFT.
16. ELLA LEE3 CARROLL (JOHN B.2, ARCHIBALD1) was born November 15, 1892, and died February 27, 1960 in Buried at Bradenton,FL. She married JAMES HENRY DAVIS. He was born 1881, and died 1934.
Children of ELLA CARROLL and JAMES DAVIS are:
i. JOSEPH M.4 DAVIS, b. July 28, 1906, Baker Co. FL.
ii. JAMES HENRY DAVIS, b. September 23, 1907, Baker Co. FL.
iii. ROSA LEE DAVIS, b. July 21, 1910, Baker Co. FL.
iv. GENEVA ELIZABETH DAVIS, b. October 15, 1912, Baker Co. FL.
v. LOUIS ALLEN DAVIS, b. February 06, 1914, Baker Co. FL.
vi. RAYMOND LEWIS DAVIS, b. January 12, 1916, Baker Co. FL.
vii. JOHN LORAN DAVIS, b. May 07, 1918, Baker Co. FL.
viii. LOTTIE M. DAVIS, b. September 20, 1920, Baker Co. FL.
30. ix. WILLIE RAYMOND DAVIS, b. October 08, 1922, Mayo,. FL; d. February 08, 1980, Old Town, FL.
x. ISAAC DAVID DAVIS;
xi. ROY FRANKLIN DAVIS, b. October 16, 1926, Baker Co. FL; d. March 13, 1992; m. MYRTLE LUCILLE WILLIAMS.
xii. RUBY JEWELL DAVIS,
xiii. JAMES H. (DICK) DAVIS, JR.
17. HERMAN SAMUEL3 CARROLL (JOHN B.2, ARCHIBALD1) was born May 14, 1901, and died August 22, 1974. He married PAULINE E. She was born April 08, 1906, and died April 07, 1966.
Children of HERMAN CARROLL and PAULINE E. are:
i. CLIFFORD4 CARROLL, m. ALMA CHRISTINE STOKES.
ii. PAUL CARROLL.
iii. HERMAN CARROLL.
iv. MARY CARROLL, m. GOEHAGAN.
v. MATTHEW G. CARROLL; m. SANDRA V.
31. vi. ARCHIE DAVID CARROLL, b. 1930; d. March 01, 1999.
18. JERRY JACKSON3 KEEN (TEMPIE2 CARROLL, ARCHIBALD1) was born 1880. He married NANCY JANE KEEN. She was born July 28, 1887.
Children of JERRY KEEN and NANCY KEEN are:
i. ELIZABETH4 KEEN.
ii. JANIE FRANCIS KEEN.
iii. ELOA DORIS KEEN.
iv. LENNARD KEEN.
32. v. HERBERT R. KEEN, b. Abt. 1907.
19. JAMES MONROE3 KEEN (TEMPIE2 CARROLL, ARCHIBALD1) was born March 12, 1890. He married VIOLA MACHOWELL.
Child of JAMES KEEN and VIOLA MACHOWELL is:
i. ENMAN L.4 KEEN.
20. DAVID CARLTON3 KEEN (TEMPIE2 CARROLL, ARCHIBALD1) was born October 09, 1894, and died 1951. He married THELMA ALDERMAN JACOMAIN. She was born August 02, 1905, and died August 07, 1989.
Children of DAVID KEEN and THELMA JACOMAIN are:
33. i. OWEN MYER4 KEEN.
34. ii. JANIE FRANCIS KEEN.
21. ALVIE4 CARROLL (DAVID3, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN2, ARCHIBALD1) He married LILLIAN.
Children of ALVIE CARROLL and LILLIAN are:
i. JODY5 CARROLL
ii. PATSY CARROLL
22. ANNIE4 CARROLL (DAVID3, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN2, ARCHIBALD1) She married BYRD "BYRDIE" BARNHILL.
Children of ANNIE CARROLL and BYRD BARNHILL are:
35. i. ROBERT5 BARNHILL.
36. ii. HOBSON BARNHILL.
37. iii. DORIS BARNHILL.
38. iv. ALMA LOUISE BARNHILL, b. January 20, 1932; d. April 05, 1990, Buried Barnhill Cem.,Levy Co.
23. ETHEL4 CARROLL (DAVID3, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN2, ARCHIBALD1) She married WILEY LEE.
Children of ETHEL CARROLL and WILEY LEE are:
i. MARGARET5 LEE.
ii. MARGIE LEE.
24. WALTER JACKSON4 CARROLL (DAVID3, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN2, ARCHIBALD1) was born July 24, 1913 in FL., and died May 08, 1993 in Alachua co FL. He married LARSELLE KING March 1946 in Ga., daughter of LONNIE KING and VIDA TINDALE. She was born September 08, 1930 in Levy Co. FL., and died June 1983 in Alachua Co. FL.
Notes for WALTER JACKSON CARROLL:
Went to war in Germany during world war II. He was a quiet man. He was the kind of person that wore his heart on his sleeve. His grandson Michael is a lot like him. He was a prison guard and he had one run once. He told Walter that he was going to run and said he didn't have the guts to stop him. Walter said,
" If you run I'm going to shoot you." Well, it was and extreme miscalculation on the prisoners part.
Walter had been in Germany and he had probably had to shoot someone there. Just because he was a quiet gentle man didn't mean that he wouldn't do his job. He fired his warning shots and let the buckshot
go. The prisoner didn't die but had a fairly large hole in his leg and buckshot peppering his back.
He wound up getting more time. It doesn't pay to underestimate a mild tempered individual.
Children of WALTER CARROLL and LARSELLE KING are:
39. i. SHIRLEY ELAINE5 CARROLL
40. ii. JUDY DIANNA CARROLL.
iii. HAZEL JEAN CARROLL, .
Notes for HAZEL JEAN CARROLL:
This was the time when mid wifes attended births, going into labor in the fields of the farm, Larselle almost hemorraged to death. Her account was the midwife did not clear the babies mouth and she was to weak to get up and take the baby because she had lost so much blood. .
25. MACIE4 CARROLL (DAVID3, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN2, ARCHIBALD1) was born in Tidewater, FL.
Children of MACIE CARROLL are:
i. JOLENE5 CARROLL.
ii. JOAN CARROLL.
iii. CONNIE CARROLL.
26. CHARLIE4 CARROLL (DAVID3, BENJAMIN FRANKLIN2, ARCHIBALD1) He married RUBY.
Children of CHARLIE CARROLL and RUBY are:
i. DAVID5 CARROLL.
ii. WALTER JACKSON CARROLL.
iii. BARBARA ANN CARROLL.
iv. RICHARD CARROLL.
v. NADINE CARROLL.
27. DESSIE LAMONIA4 PRINGLE (EMMA REBECCA3 CARROLL, JAMES S. (JIM)2, ARCHIBALD1) was born August 1891 in Crawford,Nassau,FL, and died April 04, 1967 in Levy Co. FL. She married DAVID CARROLL, son of BENJAMIN CARROLL and MARTHA PRINGLE. He was born 1875.
Notes for DAVID CARROLL:
He owned a Cross Tie and Saw Mill Between Bronson and Otter Creek at a place called Lennon.
Children are listed above under (10) David Carroll.
28. ELEANOR4 ROWELL (JESSIE FRANCES3 CARROLL, JAMES S. (JIM)2, ARCHIBALD1) was born April 08, 1893, and died December 22, 1967. She married WILLIAM DREW PRINGLE January 11, 1913, son of DAVID PRINGLE and MARGARET FOURAKER. He was born February 14, 1878 in Nassau co. FL., and died September 13, 1956 in Duval Co. Verdie Cem. Nassau Co.6.
Children of ELEANOR ROWELL and WILLIAM PRINGLE are:
i. WOODROW WILSON5 PRINGLE, b. June 24, 1916; d. August 05, 1962.
ii. CECIL WILLIAM PRINGLE, b. February 02, 1918; d. December 31, 1971.
iii. DAVID LATON PRINGLE, b. February 08, 1920; d. May 05, 1998.
iv. STELLA PRINGLE, b. November 28, 1921; d. June 19, 1925.
v. ESTELL PRINGLE, d. 1925.
41. vi. VANIS PICKET PRINGLE, b. Verdie, Nassau Co.
vii. KELL PRINGLE, b. January 1929; d. 1929.
viii. MYRTLE ALMA PRINGLE,.
ix. MILDRED JEANETTE PRINGLE,.
Information received from Shirley Carroll Copeland, Downingtown PA
Written notes of James Corbett Kirkland
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids