Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

                    
Search Engine for the Gazetteer

   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 

                     

LANHAM

lanham1.jpg (93635 bytes)

Click picture to see a larger view

Lanham, TX in January, 1918

LANHAM, established in the mid 1870's, was named for Louis Lanham, an early settler of the area.  Lanham is eleven miles northeast of Hamilton-- approximately halfway between Hamilton and Cranfills Gap. Its original location was one mile north of the intersection of Hwy. 22 and FM 1602. Several businesses opened in Lanham to serve the area farmers.

LANHAM - HANDBOOK OF TEXAS

 

 
Home ] Up ] LANHAM BAPTIST CHURCH ] LANHAM CEMETERY ] LANHAM UNITED METHODIST CHURCH ] LANHAM POST OFFICE ] LANHAM SCHOOL ] LANHAM VOTERS ]


People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Copyright March, 1998
by Elreeta Crain Weathers, B.A., M.Ed.,  
(also Mrs.,  Mom, and Ph. T.)

A Work In Progress