Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

                    
Search Engine for the Gazetteer

   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 

                     

HAMILTON BAPTIST ASSOCIATION (HBA)
HAMILTON COUNTY BAPTIST ASSOCIATION (HBCA)
Constituted: 07/04/1877

 

Approximately one hundred churches have been a part of Hamilton Baptist Association (HBA) originally named Hamilton County (TX) Baptist Association (HCBA) since its founding on 4 July, 1877.

The title page of the 1878 minutes of Hamilton County Baptist Association which met September 7, 1878, with the Pleasant Valley Baptist Church bears the title "Minutes of the SECOND Annual Session of the Hamilton County Baptist Association." Minutes of the first session of the Hamilton Baptist Association in October, 1877, have been lost--if they were published.

The first report in Minutes of Annual Associations meetings about the establishment of Hamilton County Baptist Association occurred in 1898 in the Sunday School report given at the Annual Session held at Mt. Olive Baptist Church at Pearl.

"Your committee on Sunday Schools begs leave to make the following report: 

Since the organization of the Hamilton County Association at Cottonwood Springs near the town of Evant on July 4, 1877, we have watched with interest the progress of the Sunday School work. Much has been done in the past, but a vast deal needs yet to be done to establish Sunday Schools where there are none, and to make more effective those now in existence. ... ..."

Respectfully submitted,

J. C. Rodgers

J. C. Rodgers of Hico was clerk of HCBA in 1899, 1900, 1901, and 1903.

Cottonwood Springs which is the more frequently identified site of the organizational meeting for Hamilton County Baptist Association was located on the east side of the Lampasas River and west of the current Fairview Baptist Church. It was near where Hwy. 84 crosses the Lampasas River.

Dr. Donavon Duncan Tidwell, historian of Hamilton County Baptists, recorded the founding date as July 4, 1877.

"There was some discussion of forming an association in Hamilton County in the fall of 1876 but since Brother Noah Turner Byars was the only ordained Baptist minister residing in the county at that time it was thought best to postpone the matter until the following summer. Accordingly on July 4, 1877, representatives from either seven or nine churches (accounts vary) met at Cottonwood Springs a mile and a half from Evant, and organized the Hamilton County Baptist Association. Rev. Noah Turner Byars presided over the convention as president and Rev. D. I. Haralson served as secretary. Brother Byars stated that since the devil did so much work on the Fourth of July that he thought it would be well to do some work for the Lord that day!

 REV. NOAH TURNER BYARS


"Minutes of the organization convention and the first annual session are not available but the following churches apparently were  represented at the Cottonwood Spring convention: 

     Bennett Creek (now Center City in Mills County)
     Coryell
     Cottage Hill
     Friendship
     New Providence
     Pleasant Valley and  
     Sweet Home (now FBC, Evant). 


"Three churches of the Leon River Association were also represented but did not enter into the formation of Hamilton County Association as letters of dismission were granted them on August 12, 1877, from the Leon River Association. These three churches, Hamilton, Leon and Plum Creek, affiliated with the Hamilton County association when it met with the Plum Creek Church in its first annual session beginning on Friday, October 12, 1877..."

According to the Dr. Tidwell's History of Baptist in Erath County [TX] the first ordained Baptist minister to live in Hamilton County was Isaac Reed, who came to Hamilton County in 1860. In 1861 Reed was involved in the organization of Mt. Zion Baptist Church at the Honey Creek Trading Post--Old Hico. Rev. A. D. Maroney and L. D. Stringer of the Leon River Baptist Association assisted in the organization and ordained Reed who became the first pastor of Mount Zion. Isaac Reed participated in Indian fights, had limited education, was a fluent speaker, and a good preacher.

Churches which apparently petitioned for membership at the first annual session in 1877 included:

     Hamilton
    Jonesboro
      Leon
      Plum Creek

Seven new churches were added in 1878

Hills Dale      (organized by Joseph Alexander Land)
Little Cow House      (organized by D. W. White)
     
Mt. Pisgah     (organized by Joseph Alexander Land)
     
New Hope      (organized by Joseph Alexander Land)     
Oak Grove
      (organized by D. I. Haralson)
     
Pilgrim’s Rest      (organized by D. I. Haralson)
Shiloh      (organized by Joseph Alexander Land)


REV. JOSEPH ALEXANDER LAND

Dr. Tidwell, native of Hamilton County, pastored churches in Hamilton County during his early years before he became a Bible professor at Howard Payne College in Brownwood, TX.

According to all accounts the first annual session was in the Fall of 1877.

"Texas Baptist History, The Journal of The Texas Baptist Historical Society, Vol. V, 1985, recorded the date of the founding of Hamilton County Baptist Association as 4 July, 1877, being the fifty-sixth Baptist Association formed in the state of Texas. (P. 99)

Stephen Anderson Rains was elected missionary for the Hamilton County Baptist Association in 1898.

CHURCHES WHICH HAVE BEEN PART OF THE HAMILTON COUNTY BAPTIST ASSOCIATION/
HAMILTON BAPTIST ASSOCIATION
(from all of the minutes of Associational Meetings--except 1877 and 1880.)

Agee
Address: Agee, Hamilton County
Organized: 07/01/1900
Admitted to HCBA: 0816/1900
Acquired Property: 06/15/1901
Dissolved: July, 1992


Bee House
Address: Bee House, Coryell County 
Organized: 1885 
Changed name to Mt. Olive Baptist Church: 1891 

Bennett Creek
Charter member of HCBA 
Organized: Before July, 1877
Address: Center City, Hamilton County
Admitted to HCBA:  07/04/1877 
Letter of Dismissal: 09/07/1889  to Mills County Baptist Association
(Bennett Creek Church was  in Hamilton County  until Mills County was organized in 1887.)

Bethel
Address: Pottsville, Hamilton County
(on the prairie between Pottsville and Indian Gap)
Organized: Before August, 1904
Admitted to HCBA: 08/17/1904 
Letter of Dismissal: 08/15/1906 

Bethlehem 
Address: Hamilton County--near Spurlin
Organized: Before 08/1906
Admitted to HCBA: 08/15/1906 
Disappeared: abt. 1914  
(May have changed name to Spurlin Baptist Church)

Blue Ridge
Address: Hamilton, TX 
Organized: 7/10/1880
Admitted to HCBA:  1880
Acquired Property: 01/20/1891
Status:  ACTIVE in HBA

Carlton 
Address: Carlton, TX 
Organized: 1878 
Acquired Property: 12/03/1885
Admitted to Comanche Baptist Association: Before 1891
Admitted to HCBA: 08/14/1891
Status: ACTIVE in HBA

Center Valley 
Address: Hamilton County
(Between Hamilton and Pottsville)
Organized: Before September, 1890
Admitted to HCBA: 09/12/1890 
Dissolved: about 1943

Coryell 
Charter member of HCBA 
Address: Jones Mill, Coryell County
Organized: Before July, 1877
Admitted to HCBA: 07/04/1877 
Disappeared: about 1882 

Cottage Hill 
Charter member of HCBA 
Address: Shive, Hamilton County
Organized:  Before July, 1877
Admitted to HCBA:  07/04/1877 
Dissolved: Before 1939 

County Line 
Address: Hico
Organized: Before August, 1912
Admitted to HCBA: 08/14/1912 
Admitted to HCBA: 08/14/1913 
Disappeared: Before 1919 

Cow House 
Address: Pottsville, Hamilton County 
Organized: 07/07/1879 
Admitted to HCBA: 07/25/1879 
Admitted to HCBA:  08/02/1945 
Changed name to Pottsville Baptist Church: 1947
 

Dry Fork
Address: Dry Fork, between Hico and Hamilton
Organized: Before 1890
Formerly named Kings Chapel
Name changed to Pleasant Hill: Before 1890

Energy 
Address: Energy, Comanche County
Organized: 1902
(Energy may have been admitted to HCBA as Willowdale.) 
Letter of Dismissal:  08/31/1921 

Evant, First Baptist
Charter Member of HCBA
Address: Evant, Coryell County
Organized:  04/12/1877 as Sweet Home
Admitted to HCBA:  07/04/1877
Status: ACTIVE in HBA


Evergreen 
Address: Rt. 4, Hamilton 
Organized: Before August, 1906
Admitted to HCBA: 08/15/1906 
Withdrew: 1943 
Currently is an independent Baptist church.

Fairview 
Address: Evant, Hamilton County
Organized: 1922 
Admitted to HCBA: 08/12/1897  
Admitted to HCBA: 08/27/1924
Admitted to HCBA:  08/29/1928 
Status:  ACTIVE in HBA

Fairy 
Address: Fairy, TX
Organized:  4/15/1883 as Mt. Pleasant
Admitted to HCBA: 09/07/1888
Later named  Martin's Gap Baptist Church
Acquired Property: 02/23/1897
Acquired Property: 05/04/1891
Status:  ACTIVE in HBA

Falls Creek 
Address: Hico 
Organized: Before August, 1900
Admitted to HCBA: 08/16/1900 
Dismissed: 08/14/1907  to Bosque Association

Friendship 
Charter member of HCBA 
Address: Jonesboro/Lancing 
Organized: Before 4 July, 1877 
Admitted to HCBA: 07/04/1877
Acquired Property: 09/21/1883 
Excluded: 08/17/1895,  for Heresy
Friendship continued as an independent church

Freeman 
Address: Hamilton 
Organized: Before August, 1911
Admitted to HCBA: 08/16/1911
Disappeared: After 1917 

Gentrys Mill 
Address:  Gentrys Mill, Hamilton County 
Organized: 1894  
Admitted to HCBA: 08/1894  
Ceased to participate in HCBA: Before 1921
Re-organized: 1952
Admitted to HCBA: 09/14/1958
Consolidated: 12/08/1958 with Littleville Baptist Church

Grayville 
Address: Hico, Hamilton County
Organized: Before August, 1899
Admitted to HCBA: 08/18/1899 
Disappeared: Before 1907 

Grove 
Address: Hico, Hamilton County 
Organized: Before July, 1879 
Admitted to HCBA: 07/25/1879 
Consolidated:  1891 with New Hope-1 and  became Leon Baptist Church-2

Hamilton, Calvary 
Address: Hamilton, TX 
Opened as Mission of FBC Hamilton: 1952
Closed by FBC: Fall, 1954
Re-opened as a mission: Before Oct., 1958
Organized as a church:  09/20/1959 
Admitted to HCBA: 10/05/1959 
Acquired Property: 06/25/1960
Status: ACTIVE in HBA

Hamilton, First 
Address: Hamilton, TX 
Organized: 1873
Admitted to Leon River Baptist Association: 1874
Dismissed by Leon River Association: 08/10/1877 
Admitted to HCBA: 10/12/1877
Acquired Property: 08/24/1888 
Status:  ACTIVE in HBA
"A History of First Baptist Church, Hamilton, TX, 
1873 - 1998"

Hamilton, Littleville 
Address: Hamilton, TX 
Organized: 09/11/1941 
Admitted to HCBA: 08/20/1942 
Status: ACTIVE in HBA

Harmony 
Address: Pidcoke, Coryell County
Organized: 1885 
Admitted to HCBA: September, 1885
Disappeared: about 1896 

Hico, First 
Address: Hico, TX 
Organized: 11/26/1881 
Admitted to Bosque River Baptist Association: 8/18/1882
Dismissed by Bosque River Baptist Association: 10/21/1887
Admitted to HCBA: 09/07/1888 
Formerly named Mt. Zion Baptist Church
Status:  ACTIVE in HBA

Hillsdale/ Hills Dale 
Address: Izora/Towson Mill, Lampasas Co. 
Organized: Before 1878 
Admitted to HCBA: 09/09/1878 
Dismissed by Letter: 08/19/1893

Hinesdale 
Address: Evant 
Organized: Before September, 1889
Admitted to HCBA: 09/06/1889 
Dissolved: 1891 

Honey Creek
Address: Carlton, Hamilton County 
Organized: 1867 
Disbanded: Before 1871
Re-organized:  04/15/1871  
Admitted to  Bosque River Association:  1871
Dismissed by Bosque River Association: 08/17/1886
Admitted to HCBA: 09/09/1887
Acquired Property: 10/18/1901
Admitted to HCBA:  08/25/1920 
 Dissolution: 1940

Honey Grove
Address: Rt. 2, Hico 
Organized: Before 1916 
Disappeared: after 1921 

Hurst Ranch 
Address: Star, Mills County 
Organized: Before 1901 
Disappeared: Before 1906 

Indian Creek 
Address: Fairy, Hamilton County
Organized: 07/26/1881
Admitted to Bosque River Baptist Association: 08/19/1881
(Bosque River Baptist Association was dissolved 10/21/1887)
Admitted to HBCA:  08/18/ 1892 
Dissolved: 1894 

Indian Gap 
Address: Indian Gap, Hamilton County 
Organized: 1882 
Admitted to HCBA: 09/07/1883 
Status: ACTIVE in HBA

Jonesboro 
Address: Jonesboro, Coryell County 
Organized: 1876 
Admitted to HCBA: 09/17/1883 
Excluded for heresy: 8/17/1895 
Status:  ACTIVE now in Coryell Baptist Association


Kings Chapel
Address:  Dry Fork, Hamilton County
Organized: 1878
Changed name to Dry Fork and Pleasant Hill before becoming  Olin Baptist Church.

 

Lanham 
Address: Lanham, Hamilton County
Organized: 1894
Admitted to HCBA: 08/16/1900 
Disappeared: 1901 
Apparently changed name to Agee Baptist Church

 

Lamkin 
Address: Lamkin, Comanche County 
Organized: Before 1886
Admitted to HCBA:  09/10/1886 
Admitted to HCBA
09/12/1890
Dismissed by letter: 08/19/1898
Re-organized: Before 1926
Disappeared: Before 1929

Leon - (1)
Address:  Snowville, Hamilton, TX (east of Hamilton)
Organized: Spring, 1873
Admitted to Leon River Valley Association: 09/20/1873 
Dismissed from Leon River Valley Association: 08/10/1877
Admitted to HCBA: 10/12/1877
Disappeared:  1883


Leon - (2)
Address: Near Carlton
Organized: 05/05/1891
Admitted to HCBA: 08/14/1891
Disappeared: Before 1897


Leon - (3)
Address: Hamilton County--near the Gann Cemetery
(Near the later location of Providence Baptist Church)
Organized: Before August, 1907
Admitted to HCBA:  08/14/1907
Disappeared: 1914 

Liberty - (1)
Address: Center City, Hamilton County
Organized: before 1881
Dismissed to Mills County Baptist Association:  09/07/1889  
(The land on which this church was located became part of Mills County when  Mills County was established in 1887.)

Liberty  - (2)
Address: Hico/Iredell
Organized: Before September, 1887
Dismissed by Bosque River Baptist Association: 10/21/1887
Admitted to HCBA:  09/06/1889 
Dismissed to Meridian Association: 08/14/1902

Liberty  - (3)
Address: Ohio, Hamilton County 
Organized: Before August, 1906
Admitted to HCBA: 08/15/1906 
Disappeared:  after 1908 

Liberty Hill 
Address: Star, Mills County
Organized: Before August, 1899
Admitted to HCBA:  08/18/1899 
Disappeared: before 1901 

Little Cow House 
Address: Hamilton
(At the Cow House Creek south of Hamilton)
Organized: Before September, 1878 
Admitted to HCBA: 09/09/1878 
Disappeared: Before 1883 

Lookout 
Address: Between Pottsville and Caradan
Organized: Before August, 1908
Admitted to HCBA:  08/12/1908 
Disappeared: 1912

Lund Valley 
Address:  Hamilton 
(Between Hamilton and Pottsville)
Organized: Before September, 1953
Admitted to HCBA: 9/10/1953 
Disbanded: about 1975

Macedonia
Address: Hico, Hamilton County 
Organized: 08/07/1871
Admitted to Bosque River Baptist Association: 1871
Admitted to HCBA:  Sept., 1885
Changed name to Pleasant Hill Baptist Church: 1890 

 

Martin’s Gap 
Address: Fairy, Hamilton County
Organized: 04/15/1883 as Mt. Pleasant
Dismissed from Bosque River Association: 10/21/1887
Admitted to HCBA:  09/07/1888 
Formerly named Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church
Changed name to Fairy Baptist Church: 1917 

 

McGirk 
Address: McGirk, Hamilton County
Organized: Before August, 1939
Admitted to HCBA: 08/22/1939 
Disappeared:  after 1939 
(May have used the name North Lampasas Baptist Church after  1939)

Mt. Olive 
Address: Pearl, Coryell County
Organized as Bee House Baptist Church in 1885 
Changed name to Mt. Olive in  1891
Admitted to HCBA: August, 1891 
Disappeared: about 1910 

Mt. Pisgah 
Address: Pottsville, Hamilton County 
Organized: Before 1874
Admitted to Bosque River Baptist Association: 08/14/1874
Dismissed by Bosque River Baptist Association: 08/13/1875
Admitted to Comanche Baptist Association: 10/01/1875
Dismissed by Comanche Baptist Association:  08/30/1878 
Admitted to HCBA: 09/09/1878 
Disappeared: about 1884 

Mt. Pleasant
Address:  Fairy, Hamilton County
Organized: 04/15/1883
Admitted to Bosque River Baptist Association: 08/17/1883
Changed name to Martin's Gap: before 1887

 

Mt. View
Address:  Jonesboro, Hamilton County
In German Valley between Pleasant Valley and Cranfills Gap
Organized: Before August, 1914
Admitted to HCBA: 08/13/1914
Disappeared: 1933

Mt. Zion 
Charter Member of Bosque River Baptist Association
Address: Old Hico, (Honey Creek Trading Post) Hamilton County
Organized: Summer, 1861 
Admitted to Bosque River Baptist Association: 11/10/1869
Dismissed by Bosque River Baptist Association: 10/21/1887
Admitted to HCBA: 9/9/1888 
Ended: 1891 Dissolved
(The town of Hico moved to the railroad tracks and  in 1883 and Old Hico was abandoned.)
Became First Baptist Church, Hico

New Hope - (1)
Address: Hamilton (north of Hamilton)
Organized: Before September, 1878
Admitted to HCBA:  09/09/1878 
Consolidated with Grove and became Leon Baptist Church: 1891 
 

New Hope - (2)
Address: Jonesboro 
Organized: Before August, 1900
Admitted to HCBA: 08/16/1900 
Disappeared: about 1901 

New Hope - (3)
Address:  Between Hamilton and Evant
Organized: Before 1908
Disappeared: after 1911 

 

New Providence  
Charter Member of HCBA
Address: Cove, Evant/Star Mountain, Hamilton County
Organized: Before July, 1877
Admitted to HCBA:  07/04/1877 
Excluded from HCBA: 08/20/1893 for un-Christian conduct and heresy.

North Lampasas 
Address: McGirk, Hamilton County
Organized: Before 1917
Disappeared: After 1924
Re-Organized: 1939 
Disappeared: After 1946
(May have used the name McGirk Baptist Church intermittently from 1919 until 1939) 

Oak Grove 
Address: McGirk, Hamilton County
Organized: Before September, 1878
Admitted to HCBA: 09/09/1878 
Admitted to Comanche Baptist Association: 09/03/1880
Disappeared: about 1884 

Ohio 
Address: Ohio, Hamilton County
Organized: Before August, 1917
Admitted to HCBA:  08/29/1917
Dissolved: about 1971

Olin 
Address: Hamilton, TX 
Organized: 1878  as Kings Chapel
Admitted to HCBA: 08/14/1891 
Acquired Property: 08/12/1899
Status: ACTIVE in HBA
Formerly named  Dry Fork, Pleasant Hill, and  Macedonia

Ondee 
Address: Hamilton County
Ondee was a stagecoach stop on the north bank of the Leon River, east of the current Olin
Admitted to HCBA: 08/18/1898 
Disappeared: 1905

Pecan 
Address: Hamilton 
Organized: Before August, 1913
Admitted to HCBA: 8/14/1913 
Disappeared: after 1914 

Pilgrim’s Rest - (1)
Address: Center City, Hamilton County
Organized: Before September, 1878
Admitted to HCBA: 9/9/1878  
Dissolution: about 1883

Pilgrim’s Rest - (2) 
Address: Hico
Organized: Before August, 1911
Admitted to HCBA: 08/17/1911 
Disappeared: after 1917 

Pleasant Grove 
Address: Hamilton
Organized: Before August, 1921 
Admitted to HCBA:  8/31/1921 
Disbanded: about 1944

Pleasant Hill 
Address: Fairy 
Organized: 1878 as Kings Chapel, changed name to Dry ForkMacedonia also changed name to Pleasant Hill
Admitted to HCBA:  08/14/1891 
Changed name to Olin Baptist Church: 1901 

Pleasant Valley
Charter Member of HCBA
Address:   Busyton/Jonesboro, Hamilton County 
Organized: 09/10/1876 
Admitted to HCBA: 07/04/1877 
Status:  ACTIVE in HBA

Plum Creek
Address:  Purmela, Coryell County
Began: Before August, 1875
Admitted  to Leon River Baptist Association: 08/09/1875
Dismissed  from Leon River Association: 08/10/1877
Admitted to HCBA: 10/12/1877 
Dissolved: 1891 

Pottsville 
Address:  Pottsville, TX 
Organized: 07/07/1879 as Cow House
Cow House was admitted to HCBA on 07/25/1879
Pottsville was admitted to HCBA: 08/25/1920
Cow House was admitted to HCBA: 08/02/1945 
Status: ACTIVE in HBA. 


Prairie Springs
Address: Hamilton County - near Hico
Organized: 10/14/1882
Admitted to Bosque River Baptist Association: 08/17/1883
Acquired Property: 08/17/1895
Disappeared: after 1895

Providence 
Address: Hamilton, TX 
Organized: August, 1916
Admitted to HCBA: 08/22/1917
Status: ACTIVE in HBA

Resley’s Creek 
Address: Carlton, (Hazel Dell) Comanche County 

Rock House 
Address:  Hamilton County
Organized: Before 08/1901
Admitted to HCBA:  08/16/1901
Disbanded: after 1908
Re-organized: 1938
Admitted to HCBA: 08/22/1939 
Disbanded: After 1965

Salem 
Address: Cove (Evant), Coryell Co. 
Organized: Before 09/1881
Admitted to HCBA: 09/10/1881
Disappeared: Before 1901 

Sardis
Address:  Gatesville/Simpsonville, Coryell County
Organized: Before 09/1882
Admitted to HCBA:  09/08/1882 
Became Simpsonville Baptist Church  about 1885

School Creek 
Address:  Grundyville, Lampasas County 
Organized: 1879 
Admitted to HCBA: 09/06/1889 
Dismissed by letter: 08/1891 
 Active  as School Creek Baptist Church, Lampasas County, TX, in Lampasas Baptist Association.

Shiloh 
Address: Townsend Mill /Adamsville 
Organized: 1875 
Admitted to HCBA: 09/09/1878 
Dismissed: 8/17/1910  at their request; 
Active as Adamsville Baptist Church, Lampasas Baptist Association

Shive 
Address: Shive, Hamilton County
Organized: Before August, 1938
Admitted to HCBA:  08/24/1938
Disbanded: after 1942 

Siloam
Address:  Hazeldelle/Gentrys Mill, Comanche County
Organized: before 1879
Disappeared:  abt. 1899 
(Probably was the church called Silome in 1879)

 

Simpsonville 
Address:  Levita, Coryell County
Organized: <1882
Disappeared:  abt. 1896 
(Organized first as Sardis Missionary Baptist Church at Simpsonville, Coryell County, TX.  Sardis Missionary Baptist Church changed its name to Simpsonville in 1885.)

 

Sims Creek 
Address:  Lometa/Atherton /Townsend’s Mill, Lampasas County
Organized: Before 09/1887
Admitted to HCBA: 09/09/1887 
Disappeared: about1896 

 

Spurlin 
Address: Hamilton County --between Hamilton and Carlton, West of Olin
Organized: Before 08/1914
Admitted to HCBA: 08/12/1914 
Disappeared: After 1928,  Town was abandoned.
(Spurlin Baptist Church may have been organized as Bethlehem Baptist Church.)

 

Star
Address: Star
Listed as a member church in 1907
Disappeared after 1907

 

Stringtown 
Address: King, Coryell County 
Organized: 1875
Admitted to HCBA:  09/07/1883 
Dismissed by letter: 8/19/1892  at her request. 
Currently is King Baptist Church is active in Coryell Baptist Association

Sunshine 
Address: Carlton, Hamilton County
Began: about  1896
Admitted to HCBA:  8/13/1896 
Admitted to HCBA:  8/14/1913 
Disappeared:  After 1913 

Sweet Home 
Charter Member of HCBA
Address: Cove, (Evant) Coryell County
Organized:  04/12/1877
Admitted to HCBA: 07/04/1877 
Changed name to Evant Baptist Church: 1914 

Sycamore 
Address: Busyton/Lanham, Hamilton County
Organized: Before September, 1883
 Admitted to HCBA: 09/07/1883 
Excluded for heresy: 18/17/1895 


Sylvan
Address:  Hamilton County
Organized: Before July, 1879
Admitted to HCBA: 07/25/1879
Disappeared: Before 1881


Union 
Address: Hamilton County
Organized: Before August, 1894
Admitted to HCBA:  08/1894 
Disappeared: about 1901 

Union Grove 
Address: Hamilton County  
Organized: Before August, 1894
Admitted to HCBA: 08/1894 
Disappeared: before 1906 

Unity 
Address: Hico, Bosque County
Organized: Before September, 1954
Admitted to HCBA:  09/09/1954 
Disbanded:  1958

Warren’s Creek 
Address: Rt. 3., Hamilton, Hamilton County
Organized: 1876
Admitted to HCBA: 07/25/1879
Admitted to HCBA: 08/11/1909
Admitted to HCBA: 09/08/1950
Excluded: 9/4/1952, 
Admitted to HCBA: 09/06/1956 
Disbanded: 06/23/1996

 

West Point 
Address: Hamilton, Hamilton County 
Organized: Before August, 1936
Admitted to HCBA:  08/19/1936 
Consolidated with Littleville Baptist Church: 8/31/1947 

Willowdale
Address:  Energy, Comanche County
Organized: Before August, 1901
Admitted to HCBA:  08/16/1901
Disappeared:  about 1902 
May have continued as Energy Baptist Church

 

Willow Springs
Address:  Hamilton County, School Land Cove
Organized: Before August, 1893
Admitted to HCBA:  08/18/1893 
Dissolved: 1894

 

 
Home ] 1907 MINUTES ] 1908 MINUTES ] 1909 MINUTES ] 1910 MINUTES ] 1911 MINUTES ] IN MEMORIAM, 2002 ]


People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Copyright © March, 1998
by Elreeta Crain Weathers, B.A., M.Ed.,  
(also Mrs.,  Mom, and Ph. T.)

A Work In Progress