Search billions of records on Ancestry.com
   

                    
Search Engine for the Gazetteer

   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 

                     

STEPHENVILLE NORTH & SOUTH TEXAS RAILROAD DEPOT

Hamilton, TX

The SN & ST Railroad was chartered on 4 February, 1907, and the first train from Stephenville arrived in Hamilton on Christmas Day, 1907.  This picture was likely made prior to December 25, 1907.  The SN & ST Depot was located south of the the Smith-Harris Lumber Company which faced the current West Ross Street.  The depot appears to be between West Ross and West Henry Streets and between North Rice and North College Streets.

The Courthouse is in the background.

David's grandmother, Bertha (Wilson) Lenz, had this picture in her things when she died. Her parents and maternal grandparents were early settlers of Jonesboro.

Shared by David Lenz

11/25/2001

 
Home ] Up ]


People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Copyright March, 1998
by Elreeta Crain Weathers, B.A., M.Ed.,  
(also Mrs.,  Mom, and Ph. T.)

A Work In Progress