GHOLSON CREEK, TX
Springdale School was the first school house built as early as
1878 at Gholson Creek, TX, about thirteen miles southwest of Hamilton.
It was located on Gholson Creek
between Pecan Wells and Shive.
In 1886 Eld. Albert Perry Koen bought a farm, later to be know as
the " Old Koen Place" in the Springdale Community.
In 1880 the teacher at Springdale School Community No. 34, Gholson
Creek, was T. A. Putnam while trustees were G. E. Fletcher, J. B. Roddy, and
H. Douglas. T. A. Putnam held a 1st
Grade Certificate and was employed to teach a "Public Free School for
a term of three months at ten cents per day for pupils of scholastic age
until the amount reaches $25.00." School started on March 22 and
lasted until June 1.