Alfred Lafayette Carter, William Thomas Sparks and R.
G. Mobley were the trustees who purchased a tract of land from John
Hannah Brown for forty-five dollars on 25 July, 1907. This parcel of
land was between the Blue Ridge Baptist Church and the West Section
of the Blue RidgeCemetery.
The first school building at
Blue Ridge was traded for the Blue Ridge Methodist Church which
stood at the site later occupied by the two story brick schoolwhich
was built in 1924 or 1925.