The William and Mary Bailey Talbot House
1807 - 2006
(Now the Joan and Larry Taylor House at 1090
Hardeman Mill Road, Madison Georgia)
The Talbot House - July 2006
Chain of Title
- 1807 - William Talbot acquired the land March 6, 1807 from
Richard Taylor and began the construction of the house soon afterward.
The twelve Talbot children all lived in this house and the three younger
ones were born there and perhaps, Hale Talbot as well..
- 1826 - 1829 - Lucy Talbot Swift, oldest daughter of William
and Mary Bailey Talbot and wife of Thomas Swift, inherited the house
from her father. Land records show that these transaction occurred
between 1826 and 1829. All of the Swift children lived in this
house at one time or another and Amanda was probably born here.
- 1860 - Thomas Swift died in 1857 and Lucy Swift lived with
her daughter until her death in 1862. The property was purchased
by J. G. Malcom from the Thomas Swift heirs in 1860.
- 1863 - T. J. Allen purchased the property.
- 1870 - Purchased by J. E. and W. B. Hardeman. W. B.
Hardeman married Anna Bostwick and she inherited the house and land at
- 1897 - In 1897, Anna Bostwick Hardeman married Matthew Talbot
Nunnally. Matthew Talbot Nunnally was the son of John Nunnally and
the grandson of Mary Hale Talbot Nunnally, daughter of William and Mary
Bailey Talbot. Matthew Talbot Nunnally, the great
grandson of the builders of the house lived in it and rented it out for
several years following the death of Anna Bostwick Hardeman Nunnally.
- 1951 - Purchased by Thomas and Hubert Richardson families
- 1969 - Purchased by Larry and Joan Taylor
|This Marker was placed at the William Talbot House by the DAR on July
29, 2006. It recognizes the Revolutionary War service of each man.