New York Tombstone Transcription Project
I am getting bogged down in e-mail and this is slowing down the project. Before contacting me, please read the following:
- I have been battling breast cancer for over a year now. Unfortunately, this web site has dropped in priority to other things that are taking place in my life.
- If you are writing to request a particular cemetery, feel free. When I receive a large number of requests (from different people), I generally try to bump the cemetery higher on my priority list.
- Compliments and thank-yous will be graciously accepted. It is the knowledge that I am helping people that keeps me plodding on whenever I get discouraged.
- Feel free to contact me with corrections. If you can back it up with photograph evidence, that's even better! Please be advised that I won't make corrections without verifying the data first. Many people want to correct stone carver errors or "fix" the data to what they think it should be. Since this is a transcription project, it is vital that the data be recorded precisely as it appears on the stone.
- Please DO let me know about broken links. Once I upload a page, I check it and move on.
- If you are writing to ask for "everything you have on the SMITH family", please don't bother me. Everything I have is posted. That's it, folks!
- If you are writing to ask about caretakers, I don't have that information. Most of my work has been compiled by actually visiting the cemetery and painstakingly copying the data from the tombstones.