The Freilino/Thompson Genealogy Web Site
[ Thompson/Trask ]
Dedicated with love to Bernie Jackson White
1915 - 1997
Generation No. 1
1. LEVI1 WHITE was born 1798 in Marion County, South Carolina. He married ELIZA BRUSTER.
Notes for LEVI WHITE:
Levi White appears on the 1850 Federal Census for Conecuh County, Alabama, age 52 years, a farmer with 100 acres of land, birthplace South Carolina. His wife, Eliza, age 38 years, also born in South Carolina. All their children were born in Alabama.
1860 US Census: Nathanville Post Office, Conecuh County, Alabama. Levi lists age as 57 years, Eliza as 46. In this census, he lists his birthplace as Mississippi, Eliza's as South Carolina. The children are all listed as being born in Alabama. His occupation is farmer, total estate worth $1800.
Children of LEVI WHITE and ELIZA BRUSTER are:
i. JOHN D.2 WHITE, b. 1831.
ii. WILLIAM D. WHITE, b. 1834.
iii. PRICILLA WHITE, b. 1836.
iv. JOSEPH J. WHITE, b. 1837.
v. ELIZABETH WHITE, b. 1838.
vi. MARTHA WHITE, b. 1838.
vii. ANDREW WHITE, b. 1841.
viii. ARMINTHA WHITE, b. 1843.
2. ix. DRURY WHITE, b. 1845, in Sparta, Conecuh County, Alabama.
x. ELIZA WHITE, b. 1847.
xi. LEVI WHITE, b. 1851.
xii. NANCY WHITE, b. 1854.
xiii. AMANDA WHITE, b. 1856.
xiv. GEORGEANA WHITE, b. 1859.
Generation No. 2
2. DRURY2 WHITE (LEVI1) was born 1845 in Sparta, Conecuh County, Alabama and died November 21, 1916. He married LAURA MAY POLK, daughter of Robert Polk and Rebecca Burke, in 1864. She was born October 11, 1849 in Alabama and died April 12, 1911 in Flomaton, Escambia County, Alabama.
Other spellings found for Drury - Drewry, Drew.
Notes for DRURY WHITE:
From: 1907 CENSUS OF CONFEDERATE SOLDIERS IN ESCAMBIA CO., AL. Copied from book at Escambia Co. Courthouse by Lydia Grimes, 1996.
WHITE, Drury - Flomaton, AL; born 31 AUG 1842 , Sparta, Conecuh Co., AL; PVT; entered service about 1 JUN 1862 at Pensacola Navy Yard, FL in Independent Co.Cavalry until end of war. Served in the Independent Co. of Cavalry and then consolidated with other companies forming 15th Confederate Cavalry Regt.
1880 US Federal Census:
Census Place: Precinct 2, 3, 4, 5, And 6, Santa Rosa, Florida
Source: FHL Film 1254132 National Archives Film T9-0132 Page 200C
Relation Sex Marr Race Age Birthplace
Drew WHITE Self M M W 36 AL Occ: Farmer Fa: TN Mo: NC
Laura M. WHITE Wife F M W 25 AL Occ: Kps House Fa: SC Mo: SC
William E. WHITE Son M S W 11 AL Fa: AL Mo: AL
Charles O. WHITE Son M S W 10 AL Fa: AL Mo: AL
Austin WHITE Son M S W 7 AL Fa: AL Mo: AL
Riley WHITE Son M S W 4 AL Fa: AL Mo: AL
Henry B. WHITE Son M S W 3M AL Fa: AL Mo: AL
1900 US Federal Census: The family is living in Bluff Springs, Escambia County, Florida. Drury is a farm laborer.
1910 Census, Precinct 4, Pollard Township, Escambia County, Alabama: Drew's (Drury) occupation is farm laborer. Benjamin, Addie, Elizabeth and Willie are living at home with their parents.
Children of DRURY WHITE and LAURA UNKNOWN are:
i. WILLIAM E.3 WHITE, b. 1869.
ii. CHARLES O. WHITE, b. 1870.
3. iii. AUSTIN WHITE, b. April 1875.
iv. RILEY WHITE, b. March 1877; m. MATTIE BELLE JOHNSON, 1898; b. January 1881.
Notes for RILEY WHITE:
Lived in Bluff Springs, Escambia County, Florida in the 1900 Census.
4. v. HENRY BOLDEN WHITE, b. February 1881, Florida; d. June 1964, Flomaton, Alabama.
vi. BENJAMIN N. WHITE, b. February 1887.
vii. ADDIE WHITE, b. June 1888.
viii. REBECCA ELIZABETH WHITE, b. June 1891.
ix. WILLIE L. WHITE, b. March 1894.
Generation No. 3
3. AUSTIN3 WHITE (DRURY2, LEVI1) was born April 1875. He married GEORGIA UNKNOWN. She was born January 1884.
Child of AUSTIN WHITE and GEORGIA UNKNOWN is:
i. BRODIE4 WHITE, b. November 1898.
4. HENRY BOLDEN3 WHITE (DRURY2, LEVI1) was born February 1881 in Florida, and died June 1964 in Flomaton, Alabama. He married HETTIE B. KNOWLES 1904. She was born 1886, and died in Flomaton, Alabama.
Notes for HENRY BOLDEN WHITE:
1910 Census, Precinct 4, Pollard Township, Escambia County, Alabama: Henry's occupation is farm laborer.
Notes for HETTIE B. KNOWLES:
Probable parents: Jessee and Alabama Stacey Knowles, Precinct 4, Escambia County, Page 269 of the 1900 Census.
Children of HENRY WHITE and HETTIE KNOWLES are:
i. WILLIAM HENRY4 WHITE, b. October 09, 1904.
ii. MYRTLE LAUSER WHITE, b. July 07, 1907.
iii. LAURA ALBERTHA WHITE, b. November 13, 1908.
iv. BROOKS LAWRENCE WHITE, b. August 12, 1909; d. January 23, 1992.
v. CURTIS CREAL WHITE, b. May 12, 1912.
5. vi. BERNIE JACKSON WHITE, b. July 02, 1915, Flomaton, Alabama; d. March 12, 1997, Pensacola, Florida.
Generation No. 4
5. BERNIE JACKSON4 WHITE (HENRY BOLDEN3, DRURY2, LEVI1) was born July 02, 1915 in Flomaton, Alabama, and died March 12, 1997 in Pensacola, Florida. He married VIRGINIA MARIA LOUISE FREILINO January 11, 1945 in Wichita, Kansas, daughter of SECONDO FREILINO and ANGELA BARISONE.
Children of Bernie and Virginia Freilino White are: Three Children
Generation No. 5
REBECCA MARIE WHITE was born August 24, 1948 in Pensacola, Florida. She married JOHNNIE EDSEL MCKENDRICK February 24, 1968, son of JOHN MCKENDRICK and JERLEAN BRADFORD. He was born August 31, 1946 in Harlan, Kentucky.
Children of REBECCA MARIE WHITE and JOHNNIE MCKENDRICK are:
Generation No. 6
i. JOHNNY EDSEL MCKENDRICK, born November 2, 1968. He married JENNIFER LEIGH FORTSON August 8, 1992. Their children are: BRANDON ANTHONY MCKENDRICK, born July 24, 1991, and BRIANNA LEIGH MCKENDRICK, born August 10, 1993.
ii. VIRGINIA JERLEAN MCKENDRICK, born November 21, 1973. She married RANDAL THOMAS SMITH May 18, 1995. Their children are: BRITTANY MARIE MCKENDRICK, born March 13, 1992, MALLORY HANNAH SMITH, born July 16, 1996, MATTHEW THOMAS SMITH, born November 21, 1998 and JAYME LYNN SMITH, born August 17, 2002.