Pedigree of Wido de Creon
I am not at this time 100% sure of the accuracy of this lineage mainly taken from
John Nichols:- The History & Antiquities of Leicester
ii Godfrey DE CREON.
iii Emma DE CREON.
3. i Maurice.
3. Maurice DE CREON m. Unknown DE GRESLE.
i Unknown m. Guy de la VAL.
4. ii Guy baron.
iii Peter DE CREON.
4. Guy baron CREON m. Isabel UNKNOWN.
5. i Petronel.
i Robert lord VAUX.
ii William lord VAUX m. Eleanor FERRAS, (daughter of William FERRAS and Unknown).
6.iii John lord.
iv Roger VAUX.
6. John lord VAUX m. Sibel UNKNOWN.
i Petronell VAUX m. William DE NERFORD.
7.ii Maud (Matilda).
7. Maud (Matilda) de Vaux m. William de Roos, (son of Robert Lord Ros of Hamlake and Isabel Albini) d. possibly between 12 May & 16 Aug 1316, buried: Kirkham Priory. Maud buried: Penteney Priory her bowels in a wall at Belvoir.
ii Ann Ros m. Pagan Lord Tiptoft.
iii Thomas Ros.
iv Margaret Ros.
v Matilda Ros.
vi John Lord Ros.
8. William de Roos m. Margery Badlesmere, b. cir. 1306 (daughter of Bartholomew de Badlesmere (1st Lord Badlesmere)) in 1338. William died cir 1342, buried: Kirkham Priory.
His widow married Robert de Ferres Mar. 1342/3 then by royal lic. 6 Mar 1350/1 Sir Thomas de Arundel. Married Sir John Avenel. She died shortly before 22 Oct 1363
i William Lord Roos b. at Frieston, Lincs. 19 May 1329 m. Margaret Neville, (daughter of Ralph Lord Neville) d. cir 1372. William died cir 1352, on the way to the Holy Land. His widow married Henry de Percy, she died May 1372
9. ii Thomas baron. Ros
iii John Ros.
iv Alice de Ros m. Nicholas de Meinill
9. Thomas Baron Roos m. Beatrice Stafford, (daughter of Ralph Earl of Stafford (widow of Maurice, Earl of Desmond)) by royal lic. 1 Jan. 1358/9. Thomas died cir 1383, Uffington, Lincs. buried: Rievaulx Abbey. His widow married Sir Richard de Burley. She died in April 1415
i John Lord Roos m. Margaret (Mary) de Percy, (daughter of Henry de Percy). John died 6 August 1393, Paphos, Cyprus, buried: Rievaulx Abbey.
10. ii William Baron.
iii Thomas Ros.
iv Daughter 1 Ros.
v Daughter 2 Ros.
10. William Baron Roos m. 9 Oct 1394 Mary (Margaret) Arundel, (daughter of Sir John Arundel) d. cir 1439, buried: Belvoir Priory. William died 1st September 1414, Belvoir, buried: Belvoir Priory.
i John Lord Roos m. Margery Despenser, (daughter of Sir Philip Despenser) she d. 20 April 1478, buried: Cambridge. John died 22 Mar. 1420/1, slain in the battle of Bauge, France, buried: Belvoir Priory with his brother William killed in the same battle.
11. ii Thomas Baron.
11. Thomas Baron Roos b. 26 Sep 1406 m. Eleanor Beauchamp, (daughter of Richard Beauchamp Earl of Warwick). Thomas died 18 Aug 1430. His widow married (without the Kings licence) Edmund (Beaufort) Earl of Dorset
12. i Thomas Lord.
ii Richard Ros.
iii Edmund Ros.
12. Thomas Lord Roos b. 9 September 1427 at Conisburgh Castle m. Philippa Tiptoft, (daughter of John Lord Tiptoft Earl of Worcester). Thomas died 17 May 1464, Beheaded at Newcastle for Treason. His widow married Thomas Wingfield on 26 Aug. 1471 she married Edward Grimston
i Edmund Roos d. 23 Oct. 1508, buried: Enfield.
ii John Ros.
iii Isabel Ros m. (1) Tho. Everingham, m. (2) Tho. Lovell, m. (3) Tho. Grey of Werke.
13. iv Eleanor.
13. Eleanor (daughter of Thomas Manners and Phillipa ? m. Sir Robert Manners of Ethall, d. cir 1485. Eleanor died cir 1487.
14. i Sir George.
14. Sir George Manners m. Anne St. Leger, d. 21 May 1526, buried: St. George's Chapel Windsor. Sir George died 27 Oct 1513, Tourney, buried: St. George's Chapel Windsor.
15. i Sir Thomas.
15. Sir Thomas Manners (Baron de Ros) m. (1) 21 Feb 1512/13, Elizabeth Lovell, m. (2) Eleanor Paston, (daughter of William Paston and Anne Beaufort, d. 1550, buried: St. Leonards Shoreditch . Thomas died 20 or 27 Sep 1543, buried: Bottesford.
16. i Henry Manners
17. ii Sir John Manners
iii Roger Manners d. 1607.
iv Thomas Manners , m. Theodosia Newton, (daughter of Thomas Newton).
v Oliver Manners, d. 1563.
vi Gertrude Manners.
vii Anne Manners.
viii Frances Manners.
ix Katherine Manners, m. Henry Capell.
x Elizabeth Manners.
16. Henry Manners (Baron de Ros) b. 23 Sept. 1526, m. (1) 3 Jul 1536, Margaret Nevill, (daughter of Ralph Nevill and Catherine Stafford), d. 13 Oct 1559, buried Shoreditch. m. (2) Bridget Hussey, (daughter of John Hussey), Dowager Countess, d. 12 Jan 1600. Henry died 17 Sep 1563, buried: Bottesford.
i Edward Manners b. 12 July 1549 m. Isabel Holcroft. Edward died 14 Apr. 1587, buried: Bottesford.
18. ii John Manners.
iii Elizabeth Manners
17. Sir John Manners m. Dorothy Vernon, (daughter of George Vernon) d. 24 Jun 1584, buried: Bakewell. He died 4 June 1611, Haddon, buried: Bakewell.
19. i Sir George Manners.
18. John Manners (Earl of Rutland) m. Elizabeth Charlton (daughter of Francis Charlton). John died 24 Feb 1587/1588, buried: Bottesford.
i Roger Manners 31 b. 6 Oct 1576, m. 5 Mar 1598/99, Elizabeth Sydney, (daughter of Philip Sidney) d. August 1612. Roger died 26 June 1612, buried: Bottesford.
20 ii Francis Manners b. 1578.
iii George Manners b. 1580, (Earl of Rutland), m. 3 Mar 1605, Frances Cary, (daughter of Edward Carye and Catherine Knyvett). George died 29 Mar 1641, buried: Bottesford.
iv Oliver Manners b. cir. 1582.
v Bridget Manners, m. Robert Tyrwhitt.
vi Frances Manners, m. William Willoughby, occupation Lord Willoughby.
19. Sir George Manners m. 1 Aug 1593, Grace Pierrepoint, (daughter of Henry Pierrepoint) d. cir 1650. Sir died 23 April 1623, Aylestone, buried: Bakewell.
21. i John Manners b. 10 Jun 1604.
ii Elizabeth Manners.
iii Eleanor Manners, m. 1622, Lewis Watson, b. 14 Jul 1584, (Baron Rockingham), d. 12 Jan 1652/53.
iv Frances Manners, m. ? Castleton, (Viscount Castlet).
20. Francis Manners b. 1578, (Baron de Ros), m. (1) 6 May 1602, Frances Knynvett, (daughter of Henry Knynvett), m. (2) 26 Oct 1608, Cecily Tufton, (daughter of James Tufton), buried: 11 Sep 1653 Westminster Abbey. Francis died 17 Dec 1632, buried: Bottesford.
i Catherine Manners.
ii Henry Manners.
iii Francis Manners.
21. John Manners b. 10 Jun 1604, (Earl of Rutland), m. Frances Montague, (daughter of Edward Montagu), d. cir 1671, buried: Bottesford. John died 29 Sep 1679, Haddon, buried: Bottesford.
22. i John Manners b. 29 May 1638.
ii Frances Manners.
iii Grace Manners, m. (1) bef. 1666, Patrick Chaworth, (Viscount Chawort), d. 15 Feb 1699, m. (2) William Langhorn, d. 26 Feb 1714. Grace died 1700.
iv Margaret Manners.
v Dorothy Manners.
vi Elizabeth Manners.
vii Anne Manners.
22. John Manners b. 29 May 1638, (Duke of Rutland), m. (1) 15 Jul 1658, Anne Pierrepont, (daughter of Henry Pierrepont), m. (2) 20 Nov 1671, Diana Bruce, (daughter of Robert Bruce and Diana Grey), d. 15 Jul 1672, buried: Bottesford, m. (3) 8 Jan 1673, Catherine Wriothesley Noel, (daughter of Baptist Noel and Elizabeth Bertie), d. 24 Jan 1733 buried: Bottesford.. John died 10 Jan 1711 buried: Bottesford..
i Robert Manners b. cir 1672, d. cir 1672, buried: Bottesford.
23. ii John Manners b. 18 Sep 1676.
iii Catherine Manners.
iv Dorothy Manners.
23. John Manners b. 18 Sep 1676, (Duke of Rutland), m. (1) 23 Aug 1693, Catherine Russell, (daughter of William Russell and Rachel Wriothesley), d. 31 Oct 1711, buried: Bottesford, m. (2) 1 Jan 1713, Lucy Sherard, (daughter of Bennet Sherard). John died 22 Feb 1721 buried: Bottesford.
i John Manners b. 21 Oct 1696.
ii William Manners.
iii Catherine Manners.
iv Frances Manners, m. 2 Sep 1732, Richard Arundell,
(son of John Arundell and Margaret Acland), d. 1759.
v Elizabeth Manners b. abt. 1709, m. John Monkton,
b. 1695, (Viscount Galway), d. 15 Jul 1751. Elizabeth died 22 Mar 1730.
vi Robert Manners, m. 1 Jan 1756, Mary Digges, b. abt. 1737, d. 22 Feb 1829.
vii Caroline Manners, m. (1) Henry Harpur,
m. (2) 17 Jul 1753, Robert Burdett, b. 28 May 1716, (son of Robert Burdett and Elizabeth Tracy), d. 15 Feb 1797.
Caroline died 10 Nov 1769.
viii Lucy Manners b. abt. 1717.
24. John Manners b. 21 Oct 1696, (Duke of Rutland), m. 27 Aug 1717, Bridget Sutton, (daughter of Robert Sutton), d. 16 Jun 1734. John died 29 May 1779 buried: Bottesford.
25. i John Manners b. 2 Jan 1721.
ii Robert Manners, d. 1772.
iii George Manners-Sutton b. 8 Mar 1723.
25. John Manners b. 2 Jan 1721, (Marquess of Gran), m. (1) 3 Sep 1750, Frances Seymour, (daughter of Charles Seymour and Charlette Finch), d. 25 Jan 1761, buried: Bottesford. m. (2) Not Known - _____.
John died 18 Oct 1770 buried: Bottesford.
i John Manners b. cir 1751, d. cir 1760.
ii Frances Manners b. 24 Mar 1753.
26. iii Charles Manners b. 15 Mar 1754.
iv Robert Manners, d. 12 Apr 1782.
v Anne Manners.
26. Charles Manners b. 15 Mar 1754, (Duke of Rutland), m. 26 Dec 1775, Mary Isabella Somerset, (daughter of Charles Noel Somerset and Elizabeth Berkeley), d. 2 Sep 1831, buried: Belvoir. Charles died 24 Oct 1787, Dublin, buried: Bottesford.
27. i John Henry Manners, b. 4 Jan 1778.
ii Charles Henry Somerset Manners b. 24 Oct 1780,, d. 25 May 1855.
iii Robert William Manners b. 14 Dec 1781, d. 15 Nov 1835.
iv Elizabeth Isabella Manners.
v Katherine Mary Manners.
27. John Henry Manners b. 4 Jan 1778, (Duke of Rutland), m. 22 Apr 1799, Elizabeth Howard, (daughter of Frederick Howard and Margaret Caroline Leveson-Gower), d. 29 Nov 1825, buried: Bottesford. John died 20 Jan 1857.
i Elizabeth Frederica Manners.
ii Emmeline Charlotte Elizabeth Manners, m. 17 Feb 1831, Charles Stuart Wortley. Emmeline died 30 Oct 1855.
iii Katherine Isabella Manners.
iv Charles Cecil John Manners b. 16 May 1815, (Duke of Rutland), d. 3 Mar 1888, buried: Belvoir.
28 v John James Robert Manners b. 13 Dec 1818.
vi George John Manners b. 22 Jun 1820.
vii Adeliza Elizabeth Gertrude Manners, buried: Belvoir.
28. John Manners b. 13 Dec 1818, (Duke of Rutland), m. (1) 10 Jun 1851, Catherine Louisa Georgina Marley, (daughter of George Marley), d. 7 Apr 1854, m. (2) 15 May 1862, Janetta Hughan, (daughter of Thomas Hughan and Louisa Georgiana Beauclerk), d. 11 Jul 1899.
29. i Henry John Brinsley Manners b. 16 Apr 1852.
ii Edward William John Manners b. 5 Aug 1864, d. 26 Feb 1903.
iii Cecil Reginald John Manners b. 4 Feb 1868, d. 8 Sep 1945, Crowborough Stat.
iv Robert William Orlando Manners b. 4 Feb 1870.
v Elizabeth Emily Manners b. 6 Feb 1878.
29. Henry John Brinsley Manners b. 16 Apr 1852, (Duke of Rutland), m. 25 Nov 1882, Marion Margaret Violet Lindsay, (daughter of Charles Hugh Lindsay and Emilia Anne Browne), d. 22 Dec 1937. Henry died 8 May 1925, London, buried: Belvoir.
i Victoria Marjorie Harriet Manners b. 20 Dec 1883.
ii Robert Charles John Manners b. 8 Aug 1885, (Lord Haddon), d. 28 Sep 1894.
30 iii John Henry Montaqu Manners b. 21 Sep 1886.
iv Violet Catherine Manners b. 24 Apr 1888.
v Diana Olivia Winifred Manners b. 29 Aug 1892, m. 2 Jun 1919, Alfred Duff Cooper, b. 1890, (son of Alfred Cooper and Agnes Cecil Emmeline Duff), (Viscount Norwich), d. 1 Jan 1954
30. John Henry Montague Manners b. 21 Sep 1886, (Duke of Rutland), m. 27 Jan 1916, Kathleen Tennant, (daughter of Francis John Tennant). John died 22 Apr 1940, buried: Belvoir.
i Ursula Isabel Manners b. 8 Nov 1916.
ii Isobel Violet Kathleen Manners b. 5 Jan 1918, m. (1) 24 Nov 1936, Thomas Loel Evelyn Guinness, (son of Benjamin (Seymour?) Guinness), m. (2) Robert George Maxwell Throckmorton, b. 15 Feb 1908.
iii Charles John Robert Manners b. 28 May 1919.
iv John Manners b. 18 Jul 1922.
v Roger David Manners b. 23 Sep 1925.
Charles John Robert Manners b. 28 May 1919, (Duke of Rutland), m. (1) abt. 1946, Anne Bairstow Cumming Bell, (daughter of Cumming Bell), m. (2) 15 May 1958, Frances Helen Sweeny, (daughter of Charles Sweeny and Margaret Whigham), occupation Duchess of Rutland.
i Charlotte Louise Manners b. 7 Jan 1947.
Copyright Guy Etchells Ó 1999-2000 All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal and non-commercial uses. It is my intention to make all data contained herein freely available for all private, non-profit and non-commercial uses. Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.