Coneaut Lake is located at the southern end of Conneaut Lake in Sadsbury Township.
It was incorporated on August 9, 1858 from Sadsbury Township. It was settled in 1796 and was originally known as
Evansburg. It was changed to its present name in 1892. The Seneca Indians call the lake Kon-ne-yat, which meant
Snow-Place, because snow remained on the lake after melting elsewhere.