Notable Flynt Descendants
- Flynt, Joseph M. Congressman in North Carolina House of Commons for Stokes County 1823-1824.
- Sorell, Benjamin Boyd Baylor University Athletic Manager, Baseball Coach, and Atheltic Hall of Fame; Pitcher for Chicago White Sox in Texas League.
- Sorell, Lelia Ella Southwest Texas State Teachers College (Texas State University in San Marcos) honors graduate, distinguished alumni, First female administrator in the Houston Independent School District, Campaign manager in Houston for Lyndon Baines Johnson.
Notable Living Flynt Descendants
- Howell, Lt. General Jefferson Davis Jr. (USMC Ret.): J.D. “Beak” Howell is currently Adjunct Professor with the Lyndon B. Johnson School for Public Affairs, the University of Texas in Austin. He served 37 as an U.S. Marine Corps Officer leading infantry platoons of 50+/- Marines, a 250 Marine fighter/attack squadron, a 5,000 person aircraft group, a 15,000 person aircraft wing, and ultimately a Marine force of 80,000+ Marines and Sailors. He served as Center Director for NASA’s Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. In 2004 he was named the Outstanding Graduate of the University of Texas Graduate School.
- Farley, Lt. Colonel Mary Josephine (USAF Ret): She was inducted into Texas Aviation Hall of Fame 2004. She a pilot during WWII in the Womens Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs). The U.S. Senate and Congress passed and President Obama signed a bill in 2009 awarding her the Congressional Gold Medal in recognition of her service in the WASPs during WWII.
- LIVING: Professor emeritus of American literature at the University of California, Berkeley, and former undergraduate Dean. The author of several books, as well as theoretical essays on American Studies and the New Historicism.
The personal information for these living people is not included in order to protect their privacy.
Notable Maternal RelationsThese are relations of Perry Flynt and Martha Halbert.
- General Wade Hampton I American Revolution officer in the S.C. Continental Line, Original member of the Society of the Cincinnati, Maj. General in War of 1812, US Congressman, delagate to the convention to ratify the US Consitution. A founder trustee of what becamee the University of South Carolina.
- Gov. Wade Hampton Lt Gen Confederate States of America Calvary, US Senator, Governor of South Carolina.