If a documented source is not listed please do not take the information as fact but as a place to start to find the truth.
Contact: Laura Flebbe
Descendants of Amos L. PHILLIPS
Generation No. 1
1. AMOS L.1 PHILLIPS was born 1814 in South Carolina (Source: 1880 census CHILDREN: William P, Henry M, Nathan L, Lorenzo, Isaac, Martha A, Amos L. Apha M. and grandchildren: Martha A. 1866, Thomas Jefferson 9 Nov 1971, Ella b. abt 1875.). He married RHODY CATTARI 04 Feb 1841. She was born 14 Jun 1825. Notes for AMOS L. PHILLIPS: Names birth dates of Amos and Rhody's children taken from family Bible. 1850 AL CENSUS
Children of AMOS PHILLIPS and RHODY CATTARI are:
2. i. WILLIAM PINCKNEY2 PHILLIPS, b. 26 Apr 1842, Alabama; d. Aft. 1910.
3. ii. HENRY MARION PHILLIPS, b. 04 Jul 1846, Alabama; d. 10 Dec 1928, Buried Fairview Cemetery.
iii. NATHAN LORANZO PHILLIPS, b. 02 Jan 1849.
4. iv. ISAAC MOSES PHILLIPS, b. 12 Sep 1851, Alabama; d. 03 Dec 1891, Buried Fairview Cemetery.
v. EDWINNY CARLAS PHILLIPS, b. 1854.
vi. LENEY PHILLIPS, b. 16 Feb 1857.
vii. MARTHA ANN JENOTTA PHILLIPS, b. 07 Dec 1863.
viii. AMOS L. PHILLIPS, b. 23 Feb 1866.LPHA M PHILLIPS, b. 1869; d. 10 Dec 1965, bur. Saint's Rest Cemetery, Nacogdoches county, Tx.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM PINCKNEY2 PHILLIPS (AMOS L.1) was born 26 Apr 1842 in Alabama, and died Aft. 1910. He married (1) UNKNOWN Abt. 1861 in Alabama. He married (2) MARGARET M. SUMMERS Abt. 1865. She was born Jan 1845 in Mississippi, and died Aft. 1910. He married (3) MARY CATHERINE ALLEN HILL Abt. 1871. He married (4) MARY ANN MATILDA BAKER 03 Feb 1881.
Notes for WILLIAM PINCKNEY PHILLIPS:1900 Census Texas, Nacogdoches County, Page 31B, 1910 census Nacogdoches, TX listed W.P and Margaret had been married 15 yrs. Also Margaret had given birth to one child.
Children of WILLIAM PHILLIPS and UNKNOWN are:
Child of WILLIAM PHILLIPS and MARGARET SUMMERS is:
6. iii. MARTHA ANNE TABIATHA3 PHILLIPS, b. 25 Nov 1867, Alabama; d. 11 Jan 1907, Nacogdoches, Texas.
3. HENRY MARION2 PHILLIPS (AMOS L.1) was born 04 Jul 1846 in Alabama, and died 10 Dec 1928 in Buried Fairview Cemetery. He married MARTHA E. HENSON 22 Jan 1874, daughter of THOMAS HENSON and ALPHA UNKNOWN. Texas, 1900 census Nacogdoches County, Page 32 page 2
Children of HENRY PHILLIPS and MARTHA HENSON are:
7. i. HENRIETTA SMITH GOLDEN3 PHILLIPS.
8. ii. JAMES PHILLIPS, b. 1875.
9. iii. MARION E. PHILLIPS, b. 22 Feb 1878; d. 09 Aug 1953.
10. iv. RICHARD I. PHILLIPS, b. 28 Aug 1880.
v. JOSHUA P. PHILLIPS, b. 26 Aug 1882.Notes for JOSHUA P. PHILLIPS: Married twice and had several children.
vi. STEPHEN VIRGIL PHILLIPS, b. 18 Apr 1890.Notes for STEPHEN VIRGIL PHILLIPS: Married and had several children.
vii. CARRIE PHILLIPS, b. 18 Jun 1895; m. (1) UNKNOWN STANLEY; m. (2) ALEC BENNETT.
4. ISAAC MOSES2 PHILLIPS (AMOS L.1) was born 12 Sep 1851 in Alabama, and died 03 Dec 1891 in Buried Fairview Cemetery. He married Pheobe ANN BASS 01 Jan 1880.
Child of ISAAC PHILLIPS and FEBBAN BASS is:
i. AMOS TRAVIS3 PHILLIPS, b. 06 Jun 1885; d. 18 May 1969, Nacogdoches, Texas; m. REBECCA DORMAN; b. 20 Jul 1890; d. 14 Apr 1973.
Generation No. 3
5. THOMAS JEFFERSON3 PHILLIPS (WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) He married MARTHA ANNA MISSOURI TEXANNA TUBBE 26 Jul 1893 in Nacogdoches, Texas, daughter of JOHANN TUBBE and MARIA KOLB. She was born 20 Jan 1876 in Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches, Texas, and died 21 Apr 1958 in Nacogdoches, Texas. 1900 Census
Notes for MARTHA ANNA MISSOURI TEXANNA TUBBE: Buried Saint's Rest Cemetery in Nacogdoches
Children of THOMAS PHILLIPS and MARTHA TUBBE are:
11. i. EDIE4 PHILLIPS, b. 1894; d. 1976.
12. ii. JOHN WILLIAM PHILLIPS, SR., b. 1896; d. 1990.
iii. ELMER PHILLIPS, b. 1897.
13. iv. MATTIE PHILLIPS, b. 1899.
14. v. LOU ETHEL PHILLIPS, b. 1904; d. 1975.
15. vi. VIRGINIA PHILLIPS, b. 1908; d. 1985.
vii. MARTHA ANN JEANETTE PHILLIPS, b. 1906; d. 1980; m. JACK CASPER.
viii. CLARENCE PHILLIPS, b. 1908.
ix. ELLIS PHILLIPS, b. 1910.
x. VESSIE MAY PHILLIPS, b. 12 Jul 1911.
xi. CHARLES PHILLIPS, b. 1912.
16. xii. JEFFERSON CLARENCE PHILLIPS, b. 10 Apr 1913; d. 06 Mar 1948, Nacogdoches, Texas.
6. MARTHA ANNE TABIATHA3 PHILLIPS (WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born 25 Nov 1867 in Alabama, and died 11 Jan 1907 in Nacogdoches, Texas. She married JAMES SINCLAIR ALLEN 20 Dec 1883, son of THOMAS ALLEN and NANCY MCKINNON. He was born 17 Sep 1862 in Texas (Source: 1870 census Nacogdoches county, Tx. ), and died 26 May 1935 in Nacogdoches County, Texas.
Notes for MARTHA ANNE TABIATHA PHILLIPS: 1900 census gave birth to 7 children.
Notes for JAMES SINCLAIR ALLEN: James was a writer and wrote articles for the newspaper. 1910 census Nacogdoches, TX
A Poem on the Death and Resurrection of our Savior
(by Jim Allen/ James Sinclair Allen)
Children of MARTHA PHILLIPS and JAMES ALLEN are:
17. i. MILLIE LOU KELLY4 ALLEN, b. 15 Oct 1885, Texas; d. 05 Apr 1935, Nacogdoches, Texas -Saint's Rest Cemetery.
18. ii. MAGGIE JOSEPHINE ALLEN, b. Feb 1888, Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches, Texas; d. Abt. 1917.
iii. ROBERT ALLEN, b. Oct 1889; m. MYRTIE BURROWS.
19. iv. HODGES PINKNEY ALLEN, b. Apr 1892.
20. v. ORTA ALLEN, b. Jan 1895.
vi. OMA L. ALLEN, b. Jul 1897; m. ERNEST FARRIS.
21. vii. ARLINGTON MATTHEW ALLEN, b. Jan 1900.
22. viii. OREE AUGUSTUS ALLEN, b. Abt. 1902.
ix. RACHEL ALLEN, b. Abt. 1904; m. L.V. HARRIS.
x. INFANT SON ALLEN, b. 1907.
7. HENRIETTA SMITH GOLDEN3 PHILLIPS (HENRY MARION2, AMOS L.1) She married (1) UNKNOWN. She married (2) UNKNOWN SMITH. She married (3) TOM GOLDEN.
Child of HENRIETTA PHILLIPS and UNKNOWN is:
i. PETE4 ROSS.
Child of HENRIETTA PHILLIPS and UNKNOWN SMITH is:
ii. BEREL SMITH4 SMITH.
Children of HENRIETTA PHILLIPS and TOM GOLDEN are:
iii. LORETTA GOLDEN4 GOLDEN.
iv. ADDIE MAE GOLDEN.
v."BIG SIX" GOLDEN.
vi. OTIS BROWN GOLDEN.
vii. FANNIE GOLDEN.
8. JAMES3 PHILLIPS (HENRY MARION2, AMOS L.1) was born 1875. He married UNKNOWN.
Child of JAMES PHILLIPS and UNKNOWN is:
i. RUBY IRENE4 PHILLIPS, m. (1) ANDY UNKNOWN; m. (2) FLOYD WHITE.
9. MARION E.3 PHILLIPS (HENRY MARION2, AMOS L.1) was born 22 Feb 1878, and died 09 Aug 1953. He married MARY SUSIE DOOLEY. She died 1956 in Fairview Cemetery - Nacogdoches, Texas.
Children of MARION PHILLIPS and MARY DOOLEY are:
23. i. NEVA LEESE4 PHILLIPS
24. ii. MAUDE PEARL PHILLIPS
iii. LONIA PHILLIPS
iv. DIXIE PHILLIPS
v. MARION FRANKLIN PHILLIPS Notes for MARION FRANKLIN PHILLIPS: Served in WWII.
vi. EVELENA MAE PHILLIPS
vii. DELMAR LEE PHILLIPS PHILLIPS Notes for DELMAR LEE PHILLIPS PHILLIPS: Served in WWII.
viii. MARY LEESE PHILLIPS
10. RICHARD I.3 PHILLIPS (HENRY MARION2, AMOS L.1) was born 28 Aug 1880. He married (1) LULA MOBLEY. He married (2) MARY UNKNOWN.
Child of RICHARD PHILLIPS and LULA MOBLEY is:
i. VIVIAN KIMMEY4 PHILLIPS, b. Abt. 1903; m. CHARLES MEADOWS.
Generation No. 4
11. EDIE4 PHILLIPS (THOMAS JEFFERSON3, WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born 1894, and died 1976. She married POLK LOVING.
Child of EDIE PHILLIPS and POLK LOVING is:
i. FLOYD5 LOVING, b. 1915; d. 1973.
12. JOHN WILLIAM4 PHILLIPS, SR. (THOMAS JEFFERSON3, WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born 1896, and died 1990. He married EULAH UNKNOWN.
Child of JOHN PHILLIPS and EULAH UNKNOWN is:
i. LANNIE WILBER5 PHILLIPS.
13. MATTIE4 PHILLIPS (THOMAS JEFFERSON3, WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born 1899. She married BRUCE A. CRYER.
Child of MATTIE PHILLIPS and BRUCE CRYER is:
i. HERBERT LEE5 CRYER, m. UNKNOWN TUCKER.
14. LOU ETHEL4 PHILLIPS (THOMAS JEFFERSON3, WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born 1904, and died 1975. She married BURGESS HENDESON. He was born 1900, and died 1978.
Children of LOU PHILLIPS and BURGESS HENDESON are:
i. EDNA FAYE5 HENDESON.
ii. MARTHA HENDESON.
15. VIRGINIA4 PHILLIPS (THOMAS JEFFERSON3, WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born 1908, and died 1985. She married J.P. CASPER.
Child of VIRGINIA PHILLIPS and J.P. CASPER is:
i. RAYMOND5 CASPER.
16. JEFFERSON CLARENCE4 PHILLIPS (THOMAS JEFFERSON3, WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born 10 Apr 1913, and died 06 Mar 1948 in Nacogdoches, Texas. He married MARTHA ELIZABETH HENRY 04 Aug 1934. She was born 28 Jul 1918, and died 15 May 1990. Notes for JEFFERSON CLARENCE PHILLIPS: Buried at Saint's Rest Cemetery in Nacogdoches
Child of JEFFERSON PHILLIPS and MARTHA HENRY is:
i. JOYCE MARIE5 PHILLIPS.
17. MILLIE LOU KELLY4 ALLEN (MARTHA ANNE TABIATHA3 PHILLIPS, WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born 15 Oct 1885 in Texas, and died 05 Apr 1935 in Nacogdoches, Texas -Saint's Rest Cemetery. She married WILLIAM PAUL TUBBE, son of JOHANN TUBBE and MARIA KOLB. He was born 04 Jul 1869 in Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches, Texas (Source: 1900 census, Nacogdoches county, Texas pg 32A), and died 04 Mar 1952 in Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches, Texas. Notes for WILLIAM PAUL TUBBE:Married by August Tubbe Buried Saint's Rest Cemetery
Children of MILLIE ALLEN and WILLIAM TUBBE are:
18. Maggie Josephine ALLEN (MARTHA ANNE TABIATHA3 PHILLIPS, WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born Feb 1888 in Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches, Texas, and died Abt. 1917. She married (1) WILLIAM ALVA KIMMEY, son of HENRY KIMMEY and MARY TUBBE. He was born 27 Sep 1887 in Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches, Texas, and died 1972 in Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches, Texas. She married (2) COLQUIT ROBY. Notes for WILLIAM ALVA KIMMEY: Buried in Kirbyville, Texas
Children of MAGGIE ALLEN and WILLIAM KIMMEY are:
i. EUGENE5 KIMMEY, m. (1) BETTY WILSON; b. 17 Apr 1931; m. (2) BESSIE HIGHTOWER; m. (3) MARGARETT GIBSON.
ii. LEONA KIMMEY, b. 18 Sep 1909, Nacogdoches, Nacogdoches, Texas; d. 03 May 1996, Silsbee, Hardin, Texas (Source: Buried Big Sandy, Dollarsville, Texas. Headstone); m. ROBERT IRVING OVERSTREET, 28 Mar 1934, Kountze, Hardin, Texas (Source: Marriage records in Kountze, Hardin, Texas.); b. 27 Sep 1896, Village Mills, Hardin, Texas; d. 01 Jan 1943, Beaumont, Jefferson, Texas (Source: Headstone-Big Sandy Cemetery in Dollarsville, TX).
Notes for LEONA KIMMEY: 1910 Nacogdoches county, Texas census list parent with no children. Buried Big Sandy Cemetery, Dollardsville, Texas
Notes for ROBERT IRVING OVERSTREET: Was in WW1- Honorable Army, worked in Motor Pool. Corporal 1918
iii. VERBLE KIMMEY, b. 1916; m. (1) FLOYD MOYE; m. (2) VERNON COLLINS.
iv. CARLISS KIMMEY.
Children of MAGGIE ALLEN and COLQUIT ROBY are:
v. GUY5 ROBY. Notes for GUY ROBY: Died while in the service abt 1927. He was stationed at Fort Benning, GA.
vi. VASTIE ROBY.
19. HODGES PINKNEY4 ALLEN (MARTHA ANNE TABIATHA3 PHILLIPS, WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born Apr 1892. He married WILLIE DORMAN.
Children of HODGES ALLEN and WILLIE DORMAN are:
i. JAMES S.5 ALLEN
ii. HODGES PINKNEY ALLEN, JR.
iii. ANNIE MARIE ALLEN
iv. SON ALLEN
v. WILLIE RAY ALLEN
vi. WALTER STEVEN ALLEN
20. ORTA4 ALLEN (MARTHA ANNE TABIATHA3 PHILLIPS, WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born Jan 1895. She married WALTER DORMAN.
Child of ORTA ALLEN and WALTER DORMAN is:
i. DURMAN5 DORMAN.
21. ARLINGTON MATTHEW4 ALLEN (MARTHA ANNE TABIATHA3 PHILLIPS, WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born Jan 1900. He married (1) PEARL SMITH. He married (2) VIOLA WITT.
Child of ARLINGTON ALLEN and VIOLA WITT is:
i. SON5 ALLEN
22. OREE AUGUSTUS4 ALLEN (MARTHA ANNE TABIATHA3 PHILLIPS, WILLIAM PINCKNEY2, AMOS L.1) was born Abt. 1902. Oree married LILLIAN LILLEAN HASLEY.
Child of OREE ALLEN and LILLIAN HASLEY is:
i. TROYCE LAURA5 ALLEN
23. NEVA LEESE4 PHILLIPS (MARION E.3, HENRY MARION2, AMOS L.1) was born 26 Jan 1908, and died 14 Oct 2000. She married KIT CARSON TUBBE 07 May 1927, son of WILLIAM TUBBE and MILLIE ALLEN. He was born 11 Feb 1908, and died 11 Oct 1997. Notes for KIT CARSON TUBBE: Kit Carson Tubbe, 89, died October 11, 1997. A resident of New Caney, Texas. He is survived by wife, Neve Tubbe. Son: Raymond Carson Tubbe. Daughter: Billie Snider. Brother: August J. Tubbe. Sister: Etha M. Cox. 14 grandchildren, 32 great grandchildren, 16 great-great-grandchildren. Services were held Tuesday, October 14, 1997, 2:00 P.M. Rosewood Chapel with Rev. Louis Morris, Rev. J.B. Pryor and Rev. Billy Joe Tubbe officiating. Interment Rosewood Memorial Park.
Children of NEVA PHILLIPS and KIT TUBBE are:
i. LOIS5 TUBBE,
ii. WILLIE MARION "BILLIE" TUBBE,
iii. RAYMOND CARSON TUBBE
24. MAUDE PEARL4 PHILLIPS (MARION E.3, HENRY MARION2, AMOS L.1) was born 14 Sep 1910. She married THOMAS WATSON NEWTON TUBBE 1926, son of WILLIAM TUBBE and MILLIE ALLEN. He was born 09 Sep 1904, and died 23 Aug 1984 in Nacogdoches, Texas (Source: Online http://userdb.rootsweb.com/tx/death/search.cgi.).
Children of MAUDE PHILLIPS and THOMAS TUBBE are:
i. BILLY JOE5 TUBBE
ii. ELVIRA TUBBE
iii. LINDA TUBBE
iv. MARY LUCILLE TUBBE.
v. WILIAM FRANKLIN "SONNY" TUBBE
vi. ELVIRA TUBBE
vii. GEORGIA MARIE TUBBE
viii. RUTHIE TUBBE
ix. JOSE MELVINA TUBBE
x. TOMMIE JEAN TUBBE
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids