If a documented source is not listed please do not take the information as fact but as a place to start to find the truth.
Contact : Laura Flebbe
Descendants of Unknown KENNEY
Generation No. 1
1. UNKNOWN1 KENNEY
Children of UNKNOWN KENNEY are:
2. i. THOMAS2 KENNEY, b. 1761, Hallowell, Kennebec, Maine; d. 10 Apr 1825, Embden, Maine.
ii. PETER KENNEY, b. Abt. 1763.
iii. UNKNOWN KENNEY, b. Abt. 1765.
Generation No. 2
2. THOMAS2 KENNEY (UNKNOWN1) was born 1761 in Hallowell, Kennebec, Maine, and died 10 Apr 1825 in Embden, Maine. He married HANNAH WHITE 29 Nov 1787 in Hallowell, Kennebec, Maine. She was born 15 Oct 1770 in Hallowell, Kennebec, Maine, and died 08 Jun 1866 in Pittston, Maine. Notes for THOMAS KENNEY: 1810 ME Census Index - Kenney, Thomas ME KENNEBEC CO. HALLOWELL 648 1810 There is a Thomas listed in "Soldiers of the American Revolution in Maine" pg 32 who enlisted at Hallowell. DAR record says a Thomas served as Lt. in Capt. John Hinkley's Company, Lincoln county Regiment. Thomas is buried Oak Grove Cemetery in Gardiner. Maine Revolutionary War Bounty Applications, 1835-1836 (ancestory.com) Thomas Kenney Place of Inlistment- Hallowell Place of Death - Hallowell Death Date - 11 Apr 1825 Wife name- Hannah Place of Application - Pittston
Notes for HANNAH WHITE: It is said but to date we have no proof that Hannah's parents where: Benjamin and Elizabeth White, and that her family came over on the Mayflower. She is buried Oak Grove Cemetery in Gardiner.
Children of THOMAS KENNEY and HANNAH WHITE are:
i. THOMAS3 KENNEY, JR., b. Abt. 1788, Hallowell, Kennebec, Maine; m. MARY DEARBORN, 15 Jun 1822, Hallowell, Kennebec, Maine.
3. ii. CHARLES KENNEY, b. 25 Oct 1792, Hallowell, Kennnebec, Maine; d. 15 Jul 1856, Orchard Grove, Indiana.
iii. HANNAH KENNEY, b. Abt. 1793.
iv. DAUGHTER KENNEY, b. 29 Apr 1796.
v. PATTY(MARTHA) KENNEY, b. 11 May 1798, Hallowell, Kennebec, Maine; d. 26 Sep 1800, Hallowell, Kennebec, Maine.
vi. OLIVE B. KENNEY, b. Abt. 1799.
vii. HOLBROOK KENNEY, b. Abt. 1800.
viii. HARRIET P. KENNEY, b. 30 Nov 1806.
ix. JEREMIAH KENNEY, b. Abt. 1811, Bangor.
Generation No. 3
3. CHARLES3 KENNEY (THOMAS2, UNKNOWN1) was born 25 Oct 1792 in Hallowell, Kennnebec, Maine, and died 15 Jul 1856 in Orchard Grove, Indiana. He married DEBORAH ROLLINS 1815 in Hallowell, Kennebec, Maine, daughter of NATHANIEL ROLLINS and LYDIA CLARK. She was born 28 Nov 1796 in Hallowell, Kennebec, Maine, and died 27 Mar 1869 in Orchard Grove, Indiana.
Notes for CHARLES KENNEY: In 1837 the family took up its westward march, settling first in Porter County, Indiana; then coming to Lake County a year later settling on the farm east of the present Grange Hall in Eagle Creek Township containing 640 acres. Charles Kenney listed in 1850 IN census
Children of CHARLES KENNEY and DEBORAH ROLLINS are:
4. i. HANNAH ANNE4 KENNEY, b. 28 May 1816, Maine; d. 06 Nov 1880.
ii. JOSEPH ALLEN KENNEY, b. 1818.
iii. CHARLES A. KENNEY, b. 10 Nov 1820.
iv. JEREMIAH M. KENNEY, b. 10 Nov 1823. 1850 IN Census
v. GEORGE W. KENNEY, b. 19 Jan 1837.
Generation No. 4
4. HANNAH ANNE4 KENNEY (CHARLES3, THOMAS2, UNKNOWN1) was born 28 May 1816 in Maine, and died 06 Nov 1880. She married AARON HALE in Glenburn, Maine, son of JONATHON HALE and SUZANNE HOLBROOK. He was born 06 Oct 1810 in New Sharon, Franklin, Maine, and died 19 Apr 1898.
Notes for AARON HALE: 1850 Census La Porte County, IN roll 157 page 257
Aaron Hale 40 M listed in poor house b. Maine listed insane
But also in 1850 Census Marion County, IN roll 159 page 334 Listed in Hospital for Insane
Aaron Hale 40 Hand ME
1870 IN census -lists Aaron as Insane
Children of HANNAH KENNEY and AARON HALE are:
i. DEBORAH5 HALE, b. 16 Feb 1835.
ii. JOSEPH ALLEN HALE, b. 15 Nov 1836.
5. iii. AARON HOLBROOK HALE, b. 18 Mar 1840, Maine.
iv. LAURA ANN HALE, b. 13 Dec 1841.
v. JAMES EDWIN HALE, b. 09 Aug 1843.
6. vi. JEREMIAH M. HALE, b. 23 May 1845, Waterford, LaPorte, Indiana; d. 15 Sep 1910, Lowell.
vii. HANNAH A. HALE, b. 18 Sep 1847.
viii. CHARLES A. HALE, b. 05 Aug 1849.
ix. MARY JEANETTE HALE, b. 22 Feb 1855.
x. SARAH E. HALE, b. 06 Sep 1857.
Generation No. 5
5. AARON HOLBROOK5 HALE (HANNAH ANNE4 KENNEY, CHARLES3, THOMAS2, UNKNOWN1) was born 18 Mar 1840 in Maine. He married EUNICE UNKNOWN.
Child of AARON HALE and EUNICE UNKNOWN is:
7. i. JAMES HENRY6 HALE, b. 23 Aug 1869, Washburn, Maine.
6. JEREMIAH M.5 HALE (HANNAH ANNE4 KENNEY, CHARLES3, THOMAS2, UNKNOWN1) was born 23 May 1845 in Waterford, LaPorte, Indiana, and died 15 Sep 1910 in Lowell. He married LAURETTE JANE MCCANN 13 Dec 1866, daughter of SAMUEL MCCANN and SUSANNAH UNKNOWN. She was born 28 Jan 1844 in Elmwood, Peoria, Illinois, and died 18 Aug 1910 in Lowell. Notes for JEREMIAH M. HALE: Jeremiah served in Civil War Feb, 14 1865 to Sep 19,1865. 1900 census Indiana, Lake County, Roll 383 Book 1, Page 197 under Jerry M. Hale
Children of JEREMIAH HALE and LAURETTE MCCANN are:
i. LILLIAN VIOLA6 HALE, b. 20 Jan 1868.
8. ii. ADA SUZANNA HALE, b. 14 Dec 1869, Elwood, Illinois; d. 11 May 1945.
iii. HARRY C. HALE, b. 11 Sep 1873; d. 21 Sep 1874.
iv. ALPHA ZADA HALE, b. 09 Jan 1877.
v. ORVILLE A. HALE, b. 18 Jul 1879.
vi. NELLIE E. HALE, b. 07 Oct 1882.
vii. MYRTLE M. HALE, b. 19 Oct 1885.
Generation No. 6
7. JAMES HENRY6 HALE (AARON HOLBROOK5, HANNAH ANNE4 KENNEY, CHARLES3, THOMAS2, UNKNOWN1) was born 23 Aug 1869 in Washburn, Maine. He married SALOMA MAY KELLY. She was born 02 May 1871 in Caribou, Maine, and died in California.
Child of JAMES HALE and SALOMA KELLY is:
i. EUGENE HARDIN7 HALE. Notes for EUGENE HARDIN HALE: Information on this line came from Jun Carver PO Box 362 Cambridge, ID 83610
8. ADA SUZANNA6 HALE (JEREMIAH M.5, HANNAH ANNE4 KENNEY, CHARLES3, THOMAS2, UNKNOWN1) was born 14 Dec 1869 in Elwood, Illinois, and died 11 May 1945. She married GEORGE WASHINGTON EVANS 09 Dec 1888, son of UNKNOWN EVANS and UNKNOWN. He was born Nov 1867 in Wisconsin, and died 07 Jul 1939 in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska. Notes for GEORGE WASHINGTON EVANS:
1900 census Nebraska Berwyn Township, Custer, pg 40A birth Wisconsin fathers PA mothers Wisconsin
1920 census Nebraska Berwyn Township, Custer,Sup #6, ED 76 sheet 51. birth Wisconsin, age52.
Children of ADA HALE and GEORGE EVANS are:
9. i. WALTER ERNEST7 EVANS, b. 08 Sep 1889, Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska; d. 07 Jul 1939, Paxton, Keith, Nebraska.
10. ii. GEORGE HERBERT EVANS, b. Jan 1893, Nebraska; d. 14 Apr 1950, Yakima, Washington.
iii. WILLIS S. EVANS, b. Feb 1897, Missouri.
iv. BEULAH EVANS, b. 14 Jun 1902.
v. VERDA EVANS, b. 11 Jan 1905.
vi. HERSHCEL HALE EVANS, b. 16 Dec 1906.
Generation No. 7
9. WALTER ERNEST7 EVANS (ADA SUZANNA6 HALE, JEREMIAH M.5, HANNAH ANNE4 KENNEY, CHARLES3, THOMAS2, UNKNOWN1) was born 08 Sep 1889 in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska, and died 07 Jul 1939 in Paxton, Keith, Nebraska. He married CHARLOTTE FRANCIS ALLEN 03 Sep 1910 in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska, daughter of GEORGE ALLEN and NANCY HOPKINS. She was born 28 Feb 1892 in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska, and died 07 Jan 1979 in Gillette, Campbell, Wyoming.
Notes for CHARLOTTE FRANCIS ALLEN: Buried Mount Pisgah 804 S Emerson Ave Cemetery in Gillette, Wyoming, 1900 census Custer County, Nebraska. with Oliver and Fannie on top page Sup 6 ED 60 Sht 3
Children of WALTER EVANS and CHARLOTTE ALLEN are:
i. VESSIE JUANETTE8 EVANS, b. 20 Jan 1911, Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska; d. 11 Jun 1946, Sutherland, Lincoln, Nebraska m. KENNETH RAY HORRELL FLEBBE, 20 Jul 1930; b. 08 Feb 1908, Roseville, Warren, Ill (Source: Broderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from A through L, Date of Import: 20 Jul 1996, Internal Ref. #220.127.116.11876.99); d. 30 Apr 1990, Prescott Vallley, Yavapai, Arizona.
Notes for KENNETH RAY HORRELL FLEBBE: Kenneth was born Kenneth Ray Horrell. His natural mother died 17 days after his birth. He was taken by her sister May Wilson Flebbe to Cairo, Hall, Nebraska. May had no children. It is said that James Artos never gave May permission to take Kenneth. Kenneth was listed in James will in 1920 as Kenneth Ray Horrell of Cairo, Hall, Nebraska. Kenneth died in Prescott Valley, Arizona. Cremated and buried in Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska
ii. FANNIE EVALE EVANS, b. 09 Mar 1913, Seneca, Thomas, Nebraska; m. GLENN JULIUS JONES, 24 Nov 1933, North Platte, Lincoln, Nebraska.
iii. CHARLOTTIE PEARL EVANS, b. 04 Aug 1917, Berwyn, Custer, Nebraska; d. 30 Jan 1979, Gillette, Campbell, Wy; m. JESS LOWS BOARDMAN, 28 Sep 1935, Sundance, Crock, Wy.
10. GEORGE HERBERT7 EVANS (ADA SUZANNA6 HALE, JEREMIAH M.5, HANNAH ANNE4 KENNEY, CHARLES3, THOMAS2, UNKNOWN1) was born Jan 1893 in Nebraska, and died 14 Apr 1950 in Yakima, Washington. He married ETHEL FRANCIS SCRIPTURE 29 Aug 1923. She was born Abt. 05 Jun 1900.
Children of GEORGE EVANS and ETHEL SCRIPTURE are:
i. DONALD LEROY8 EVANS
ii. DORIS RUTH EVANS
iii. CLIFFORD DALE EVANS
iv. ROBER DEAN EVANS
v. LYLE HERBERT EVANS
vi. DONNA ELAINE EVANS
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids