If a documented source is not listed please do not take the information as fact but as a place to start to find the truth.
Contact : Laura Flebbe
Descendants of J. Archibald FORGAY
Generation No. 1
1. J. ARCHIBALD2 FORGAY (UNKNOW1 FORGY) was born 1790 in Tennessee, and died 1862 in Scott, Virginia. He married ELEANOR ROLLER, daughter of JACOB ROLLER and EVE ZIRKLE. She was born 05 Aug 1795 in Shenandoah, Virginia, and died Abt. 1855 in Scott County, Virginia.
Notes for J. ARCHIBALD FORGAY: 1820 Scott County, VA census Forgy, Archibald - male 1-Under 10 1- between 26-45 Females 2 under 10 1 - over 45
1840 VA Census Index Forgy, Archibald VA SCOTT CO. 307 1840
1850 VA Census Index VA SCOTT CO. WESTERN DISTRICT 448 1850
1860 VA Census Index Forgy, Archibald VA SCOTT CO. ESTILLVILLE P.O. 491 1860
Children of J. FORGAY and ELEANOR ROLLER are:
OHN A.3 FORGEY, b. Abt. 1819, Virginia.
ii. NANCY FORGEY, b. 1826.
iii. EVE FORGEY, b. 1827.
iv. GEORGE FORGEY, b. 1829. 1910 Census-no proof this is the right George Forgey
v. ATHELINE FORGEY, b. Abt. 1831; m. JAMES ENGLAND.
3. vi. MARY FORGEY, b. 1836, Virginia.
vii. ELEANOR FORGEY, b. Abt. 1835.
viii. ARCHIBALD FORGEY, b. Abt. 1839.
3. vi. MARY FORGEY, b. 1836, Virginia.
vii. ELEANOR FORGEY, b. Abt. 1835.
viii. ARCHIBALD FORGEY, b. Abt. 1839.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN A.3 FORGEY (J. ARCHIBALD2 FORGAY, UNKNOW1 FORGY) was born Abt. 1819 in Virginia. He married LOUISA ANDERSON 10 Jan 1846 in Scott County, Virginia (Source: Virginia Marriage Index, 1740-1850.). She was born 1825 in , Scott, Virginia, and died 19 Sep 1887. Notes for JOHN A. FORGEY:
1850 VA Census Index Forgy, John VA SCOTT CO. WESTERN DISTRICT 447 1850
1860 VA Census Index Forgy, John VA SCOTT CO. ESTILLVILLE P.O. 491 1860
Children of JOHN FORGEY and LOUISA ANDERSON are:
3. MARY3 FORGEY (J. ARCHIBALD2 FORGAY, UNKNOW1 FORGY) was born 1836 in Virginia. She married JAMES RILEY. He was born 1833 in Virginia.
Children of MARY FORGEY and JAMES RILEY are:
HARO?4 RILEY, b. 1859.
ii. LOUIZA RILEY, b. 1860.
Generation No. 3
4. ANDREW J.4 FORGEY (JOHN A.3, J. ARCHIBALD2 FORGAY, UNKNOW1 FORGY) was born 1845 in Virginia. He married GILLA UNKNOWN. She was born 1853 in Virginia. Notes for ANDREW J. FORGEY: Family found 1880 Missouri census in Christian County.
Children of ANDREW FORGEY and GILLA UNKNOWN are:
ERMOUS5 FORGAY, b. 1872.
ii. JOHN FORGAY, b. 1875.
iii. SALLIE FORGAY, b. 1878.
iv. MARY FORGAY, b. 1880.
5. SARAH4 FORGEY (JOHN A.3, J. ARCHIBALD2 FORGAY, UNKNOW1 FORGY) was born 1854. She married MILES T. SHELTON 08 Jan 1874 in Greene County, Missouri (Source: Marriage Book Courthouse Greene County, MO.), son of JOHN SHELTON and TEMPERENCE TAYLOR. He was born 02 Feb 1850 in , Logan, Kentucky, and died 02 Dec 1904. Notes for MILES T. SHELTON: Christian County Land Tax 1875 Shelton, Mills See J.T. Shelton
Child of SARAH FORGEY and MILES SHELTON is:
HARLES NEWTON5 SHELTON, b. 02 Sep 1878, Highlandville, Christian, Missouri; d. 02 Dec 1968.
6. ELEANOR (ELLEN)4 FORGEY (JOHN A.3, J. ARCHIBALD2 FORGAY, UNKNOW1 FORGY) was born 02 May 1860 in , Scott, Virginia, and died 10 Jan 1929 in Springfield, Greene, Missouri. She married WILLIAM PRICE SHELTON 05 Sep 1875 in Greene County, Missouri (Source: Greene Co. Missouri marriage records Book D pg 222. In the home of the bridges father by M.D. Rainy, witness Jacob B. Shelton and John Shelton), son of JOHN SHELTON and TEMPERENCE TAYLOR. He was born 05 Apr 1852 in , Logan, Kentucky, and died 23 Dec 1934 in Springfield, Greene, Missouri.
Notes for ELEANOR (ELLEN) FORGEY: Klinger Funeral Home Records 1923-1932 page 120: Shelton, Ellen age 68 yr 7 mo 28 da b 19 May 1860 VA d 10 Jan 1929. 1222 E Pacific Bur Greenlawn..info & chg to Albert Shelton same address. Greenlawn cemetery is North of I-44 off of N. National Ave. Take Glenstone north past I-44 less than one mile, then west then north again.
Notes for WILLIAM PRICE SHELTON: The marriage of W.P. Shelton and Ellen Forgay was witnessed by messr's John Shelton and Jacob Forgay in the home of the bride's father. Occupation: Blacksmith. Buried in Hopewell Cemetery Springfield, Greene, Missouri
Marriage license 21 Jan 1902 William Shelton, 52 and Mary Ellen Crowley 26 both of Henderson. Unknown if this is William Price SHELTONLEANOR FORGEY and WILLIAM SHELTON are:
ENRY FRANCIS5 SHELTON, b. 14 Aug 1874, Rogersville, Webster , Missouri; d. 21 Aug 1944, Springfield, Greene, Missouri.
ii. JACOB WELLS "JAKE" SHELTON, b. 28 Mar 1878, Rogersville, Missouri; d. 03 Jan 1970, Springfield, Greene, Missouri; m. (1) JESSE UNKNOWN; m. (2) EDITH UNKNOWN; m. (3) BELLE UNKNOWN. Notes for JACOB WELLS "JAKE" SHELTON:
Springfield Mo Daily News-Thurs. June 4, 1970
JAKE W. SHELTON
Jake W. Shelton, 91, of 501 S. Grant , died about 2:30 am Wednesday at Sunshine Acres Rest Home after a lingering illness.
A native of Rogersville, Mr. Shelton was a lifelong resident of Greene County, Surviving are one step-son, Lonnie Carr, 2759 Sylvia Court; two brothers. Bill of 1415 North Johnston, Albert of Springfield; one sister, Mrs. Neta Pike, St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 3pm today in the Ayre-Goldwin Chapel with the Rev. Fred Neidy officiating. Burial will be in Brooline Cemetery.
iii. CLARA LOU SHELTON, b. 16 Mar 1880, Washington Twp, Greene, Missouri; d. 19 May 1962, Ozark, Christian, Missouri; m. RUFUS COOK.
9. iv. ALBERT ROSS SHELTON, b. 02 Nov 1883, Missouri; d. 23 Jul 1970, Springfield, Greene, Missouri.
v. NETA TEMPERENCE SHELTON, b. 13 Nov 1887, Missouri; d. 24 May 1973, St. Louis, Clayton, Missouri; m. WILLIAM CLARENCE PIKE, 07 Mar 1906, Springfield, Greene, Missouri (Source: Marriage Book Courthouse Greene County, MO.); b. 1874.
Notes for WILLIAM CLARENCE PIKE: Springfield Paper March 8, 1906 pg. 5 William C. Pike and Miss Nettie Shelton. both of Springfield, were married March 7, 1906 at the home of W.J. Greene.
vi. EDWARD WALTER SHELTON, b. 08 Feb 1888, Missouri; d. 07 Aug 1966, Mt. Vernon, Lawrence , Missouri; m. TRESSIE E. MCGLOGHLIN; b. 1904. Notes for EDWARD WALTER SHELTON: Buried in Hopewell Cemetery Springfield, Greene, Missouri
vii. JAMES CALLAWAY SHELTON, b. 31 Oct 1891, Missouri; d. Mar 1966, Missouri; m. BERTHA FLANNERY.
viii. WILLIAM LOREN SHELTON, b. 03 Oct 1892, Missouri; d. 09 Jul 1975, Springfield, Greene, Missouri (Source: Headstone states dates buried in Greenlawn Cemetery Springfield, Missouri. Take Glenstone 1 mile north of I-44 turn west on Norton then north on National follow the road around. .); m. LENA R. BUFF, 22 Jun 1932, Harrison, Boone, Arkansas; d. Springfield, Greene, Missouri. Notes for WILLIAM LOREN SHELTON:
At age 81, of 1415 North Johnston, William Shelton died at 11:45 P.M. Wednesday in St. John's Hospital after a long illness. Mr. Shelton, a retired painter, was a life long resident of Greene and Christian counties. He was a member of the Baptist Church.
Surviving are his wife , Lena and several nieces and nephews. Klingner will announce funeral arrangements.
Funeral Escorts: Bob Buff, Carl Burch, Lonnie Carr, Roy Shelton, Ralph Shelton, Odell Weatherman, Interment: Greenlawn Cemetery, Springfield, Missouri.
10. ix. RUSSHIA ELLEN SHELTON, b. 24 Mar 1898, Missouri; d. 15 Jun 1947, Springfield, Greene, Missouri.
Generation No. 4
7. CHARLES NEWTON5 SHELTON (SARAH4 FORGEY, JOHN A.3, J. ARCHIBALD2 FORGAY, UNKNOW1 FORGY) was born 02 Sep 1878 in Highlandville, Christian, Missouri, and died 02 Dec 1968. He married IDA M.DAVIS.
Children of CHARLES SHELTON and IDA M.DAVIS are:
ii. LLOYD SHELTON.
iii. LESTER SHELTON.
iv. JESSIE SHELTON.
v. LONNIE MILLS SHELTON.
8. HENRY FRANCIS5 SHELTON (ELEANOR (ELLEN)4 FORGEY, JOHN A.3, J. ARCHIBALD2 FORGAY, UNKNOW1 FORGY) was born 14 Aug 1874 in Rogersville, Webster , Missouri, and died 21 Aug 1944 in Springfield, Greene, Missouri. He married MAGGIE MILDRED CHRISMAN (Source: Birth Certificate.) 24 Oct 1903 in Galloway, Greene, Missouri (Source: Marriage Book Courthouse Greene County, MO.), daughter of JAMES CHRISMAN and MARY RUSSELL. She was born 30 Jun 1885 in Highland, Christian , Missouri, and died 13 May 1965 in San Bernadino, Riverside, California.
Notes for HENRY FRANCIS SHELTON: Occupation: Blacksmith Went by the name Frank. Drank alcohol heavily Listed in the TULSA CITY DIRECTORIES
1919 Shelton H. Frank (Maggie) lab Carter Oil Co r 1919 E. 8th
1920 Shelton, H. Frank (Maggie M.) blksmith Tulsa Mach. & Tool Co. r. 922 S. Trenton
1923 Shelton, Frank H. (Maggie M.) Mach Gypsy Oil Co. r 2439 E. 4th Pl
1925 Shelton, H. Frank (Maggie) blksmith P.J. Lang Auto Body Wks. r 1610 E. 8th
1926 Shelton, Henry F. (Maggie) blksmith OK Iron Wks h. 1640 E. 8th
1927 Shelton, Henry F. (Maggie) blksmith P.J. Lang. 1640 E. 8th
1928 Shelton, H. Frank (Maggie) blksmith Sinclair Pipeline CO. r. 1640 E. 8th
1929 Shelton, Frank H. (Maggie) blksmith Sinclair Pipeline Co. r 1640 E. 8th
1930 Shelton, Frank H. (Maggie) mach Sinclair 1640 E. 8th
1931 Shelton, H. Frank (Maggie) blksmith Stanolind Pipeline r 1640 E. 8th
1932 Shelton, Frank (Maggie) blksmith 1715 E. 8th
1933 Shelton, H. Frank (Maggie) blksmith Stanolind Pipeline r. 1715 E. 8th
1934 Shelton, H. Frank (Maggie) blksmith Stanolind Pipeline r. 1628 E. 8th
1935 Shelton, H. Frank (Maggie) blksmith Stanolind Pipeline r. 1628 E. 8th
1936 Did not check
1937 Shelton, J. Frank (Maggie) blksmith r. 2523 Admiral
OBIT SPRINGFIELD PAPER 22 Aug 1944 Francis H. Shelton
Funeral services will be held at 2 o'clock Wednesday afternoon in the Highland Baptist Church for Francis H. Shelton, 67, of 410 East Locust, who died yesterday morning in a local hospital following a four month illness of paralysis.
The Rev. John F. Killian, retired Baptist minister, will officiate. Burial will be in the Highlandville cemetery under the direction of Thieme Funeral Home.
Notes for MAGGIE MILDRED CHRISMAN: Lived in the Springfield, Missouri, Tulsa, Oklahoma area and San Bernardino, Calif.
Occupation-She would take in washing to help make ends meet. Buried in Montecito Memorial Park in San Berndino, Calif. Member of the Golden State Club for 19 years.
Member of West Side Christian Church of Redlands Lived at 26448 9th St. Highland, Missouri for twenty years before her death.
Children of HENRY SHELTON and MAGGIE CHRISMAN are:
OY RAY6 SHELTON, b. 02 Apr 1904, Springfield, Greene, Missouri; d. 07 Dec 1988, Mounds, Tulsa, Oklahoma; m. CATHERINE BARROW, 15 Jan 1933. Notes for LOY RAY SHELTON: Retired Secretary Baker's Union. Avid Hunter and fisherman. Owned and operated first bait and tackle shop in Langley, Oklahoma (Grand Lake of the Cherokees)
Funeral Service was officiated by: Dr. Warren Hultgren, Sr. Minister of 1st Baptist Church of Tulsa.
ii. DAISY AGNES SHELTON, b. 23 Apr 1906, Kenton, Greene, Missouri; d. 05 Nov 1988, Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma; m. (1) CHARLES SIMEON SMITH; m. (2) FORREST LEE MCKINNEY, 17 Mar 1933, Sapulpa, Creek, Oklahoma (Source: Marriage License- Creek county recorded 20 Mar1933.); b. 27 Apr 1908, Skiatook, Osage, Oklahoma; d. 13 Mar 1970, Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Notes for DAISY AGNES SHELTON: Daisy was always called Agnes. In 1929 she worked at Menkemiller's Drug Store in Downtown Tulsa. She was formerly a member of the Order of the Eastern Star. Attended Brookhaven Christian Church. Funeral Service officiated by Rev. Charles Hudson, Minister of Brookhaven Christian Church.
Notes for FORREST LEE MCKINNEY: Forrest was a: Radio Technician for Tulsair Beechcraft Inc. Had a State of Missouri Registered Chauffeur's License #43432 in 1936
Mr. Forrest McKinney son of Mr. and Mrs. C.P. McKinney. The wedding took place in Sapulpa Saturday afternoon in the First Christian Church, with Rev. McKinney officiating. Mrs. McKinney is employed by the Armour Packing Company in Tulsa, Mr. McKinney is a graduate of Skiatook High School and is employed in Tulsa.
Marriage Notes for DAISY SHELTON and FORREST MCKINNEY: Married by James William McKinney, Minister of First Christian Church in Sapulpa, Creek, Ok. Witness- Mrs. Roscoe Shelton and Mr. Roscoe Shelton.
Marriage License state that James William McKinney's credentials are recorded in Minister Credentials Book 2 Page 65 of Creek county, Ok. It is not know is James William McKinney was related to Forrest McKinney.
iii. ROY ROSCOE SHELTON, b. 10 Aug 1908, Highlandville, Christian, Missouri; d. 02 Apr 1963, Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma; m. EDNA RUTH HENSON. Notes for ROY ROSCOE SHELTON: Owner and operator of Shelton's Carpet at E. 15 St. @ So. Florence, 3325 E. 15th St. He and his wife Edna were quite respected in the carpet industry. His enjoyed fishing and hunting. At the time of his death he lived at 517 S. Quincy Tulsa, Ok.
iv. MARGARETE ELIZABETH SHELTON, b. 11 Dec 1910, Highlandville, Christian, Missouri; d. 21 May 1912, Battlefield, Greene, Missouri.
v. CHARLES MAX SHELTON, b. 10 Jan 1913, Riverdale, Christian, Missouri; d. 30 Dec 1915, Highlandville, Christian, Missouri.
vi. JESS WILLIARD SHELTON, b. 15 Apr 1915, Hootentown, Missouri; d. 25 Oct 1997, Rogers, Arkansas; m. SARA JANE HALEY, 21 Oct 1936, Muskogee, Muskogee, Oklahoma.
Notes for JESS WILLIARD SHELTON: Retired from Tulsa Paper Co. as a salesman.
vii. JOE FRANCIS SHELTON, b. 11 May 1917, Springfield, Greene, Missouri; d. 14 Jun 1963, Downey, Los Angeles, California; m. MAUDEEN HAMMETT, 12 Jun 1938, Long Beach, Los Angeles, California. Notes for JOE FRANCIS SHELTON:
Lived at 1022 St. Louis Ave Tulsa, Ok. at time of death.
viii. HELEN GERALDINE"GERRY" SHELTON, b. 29 Dec 1919, Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma; d. 14 Mar 1989, Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma; m. ALTON R. HART, 27 Jun 1951, Fron Royal, Warren, Virginia; d. Virginia.
ix. BARBARA JUANA SHELTON - private
x. BOBBY EUGENE SHELTON, b. 05 May 1924, Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma; d. Jul 1995, Long Beach, Los Angeles, California
xi. MARJORIE CHLOETILDE SHELTON - private
9. ALBERT ROSS5 SHELTON (ELEANOR (ELLEN)4 FORGEY, JOHN A.3, J. ARCHIBALD2 FORGAY, UNKNOW1 FORGY) was born 02 Nov 1883 in Missouri, and died 23 Jul 1970 in Springfield, Greene, Missouri (Source: Headstone states dates buried in Greenlawn Cemetery Springfield, Missouri. Take Glenstone north 1 miles past I-44 turn west on Norton then turn north on National follow the road.). He married EDITH GLADSON 01 May 1907 in Springfield, Greene, Missouri. She was born 1887, and died in Springfield, Greene, Missouri (Source: Headstone states dates buried in Greenlawn Cemetery Springfield, Mo.).
Notes for ALBERT ROSS SHELTON: Retired Baker. Member of local baker's union and South national Church of Christ. Lived at 3022 South Dayton Springfield, Missouri at time of death.
Children of ALBERT SHELTON and EDITH GLADSON are:
OY R.6 SHELTON.
ii. RALPH C. SHELTON.
iii. ALBERT J. SHELTON.
iv. UNKNOWN SHELTON, m. CARLYLE BURCH.
v. NORMA SHELTON, m. DON YOUNT.
vi. UNKNOWN SHELTON, m. WILFRED SCOTT.
vii. UNKNOWN SHELTON, m. J.W. TAYLOR.
10. RUSSHIA ELLEN5 SHELTON (ELEANOR (ELLEN)4 FORGEY, JOHN A.3, J. ARCHIBALD2 FORGAY, UNKNOW1 FORGY) was born 24 Mar 1898 in Missouri, and died 15 Jun 1947 in Springfield, Greene, Missouri. She married CHARLES A. NOBLES, SR.. Notes for RUSSHIA ELLEN SHELTON:
OBIT Springfield Paper 22 June 1947 Mrs. Rushie E. Nobles
Mrs. Rushie Ellen Nobles, 48, died Friday night at her home, 410 East Locust. She was born in Christian County, had lived in Christian and Greene Counties all of her life.
Survivors include: her husband, Charles A.; two sons, Charles A. Jr. and Kenneth both of Springfield, a daughter, Mrs. Edith Sawyer, of Kansas City, five brothers; William and Eddie Shelton of Nixa, Jake and Albert Shelton of Springfield, and Jimmy Shelton of California; two sisters Mrs. Neta Pike of St. Louis and Mrs. Louisa Cook of Springfield. Funeral arrangements are under direction of Klingner.
Children of RUSSHIA SHELTON and CHARLES NOBLES are:
HARLES A.6 NOBLES.
ii. KENNETH NOBLES.
iii. EDITH NOBLES, m. UNKNOWN SAWYER.
You are visitor since 5 Feb 2000.