[p 534] The Empire Brick and Flouring Mills (originally known as the Old
Yellow Mill), built by Luther A. COLE and Edmund S. BAILEY in 1842, and the
Emeral Mill, built by FAY and CRAMER in 1848. Both of these institutions
now owned by F. Miller & Co.
[p 536] The post office was established in Watertown in 1837, with William
M. DENNIS as Postmaster. SInce the time of Mr. DENNIS, the following
individuals have held the office: P. V. BROWN, Patrick ROGAN, Benjamin F.
FAY, John F. KIMBALL, J. J. ENOS, Myron B. WILLIAMS, James POTTER, Peter
ROGAN, Jacob JUSSEN, Gen. BERTRAM and Justus T. MOAK.
From the biography of George WARREN (Trenton Twp): ...married, April 1849,
Mary A. WEST, daughter of Abraham B. WEST, who was born in New Lisbon, N.Y.;
his mother was of Holland, and his father of English stock; Abraham married
Minerva FAY; she was of Scottish descent...
[George WARREN was born in Saratoga Co., NY on 15 July 1824 and lived on an
elevation about 3 mi east of Fox Lake. Abraham WEST was a tanner and
currier. He died 04 Feb 1874 in Trenton, and his wife died in 1827.
B. WEST and Minerva FAY WEST had eight children: Cynthia E., died 1850;
Henry L., in the jewelry business in Amsterdam, NY; Thaddeus St. John, died
in 1859; Rowena A., Mary E., Pamelia C.; Minerva J., married in 1850, Israel
BAKER of Greenfield, Saratoga Co, NY; she died 15 March 1877. She adopted
three of her children: Marietta, Minnie L., and Ruth N. Harriet M. married
Isaac FRENISON and lives in Warren Mills; Mrs. WARREN has had 5 children:
Frank G., born 03 Aug 1851, in the lumber business with his father; Henry
born Sep 1854, died in infancy; Fred C., born 26 Oct 1856, living in MN;
Walter E., born 08 Mar 1859, also in MN; Lillian E., born 27 Aug 1872, died
in infancy; Mrs. WARREN has three other adopted daughters: Emma W. JACKSON,
adopted when she was seven years old; Jennie PLATZ, born in 1859, in
Addie L. BENIGHT, born in 1864. Mr. WARREN owns two fine residences in West
Chicago. He and his family are members of the Baptist church.]
The History of Dodge Co., WI - Chicago: Western Historical Co., 1880|
In the Watertown Section