George Augustus Perkins 8,24
- Born: 24 Jun 1827, Weld, Franklin, Maine, USA 8,24
- Marriage: Sarah Elizabeth Farrington on 17 Jul 1854
- Died: 15 May 1895, Wendell, Franklin, Massachusetts, USA at age 67 8
Other names for George were George A. Perkins and George A Perkin.
!Birth & Marriage: Source: _History of the Town of Wilton, Hillsborough
County, New Hampshire_, by Abiel Abbot Livermore and Sewell Putnam,
Lowell, Mass., Marden & Rowell, Printers, 1888, p. 534.
He graduated Bowd. Coll., 1849; Bangor Theol. Sem., 1853; ordained
missionary of A. B. C. F. M., May 25, 1854; went to Turkey; returned in
1859; taught Hebrew one year at Bangor; studied at New Haven; Prof. of
Nat. Sciences in Robert College, Constantinople, 1863-65; returned to
America, owing to ill health; for five years principal of a Family School
for Boys at Gorham, Me.; for 11 years acting pastor of different churches.
Since Jan. 1, 1884, settled at Harvard, Mass. (Livermore & Putnam, p.
5. George A. Perkins was born in Weld, Maine, June
24, 1827, and died May 15, 1895. He married, 1854,
Sarah E. Farrington. He graduated from Bowdoin in
1849, and from Bangor Theological Seminary in 1853.
He was a Missionary to Marash, Turkey, (1854-59),
was professor of Natural Science at Robert College,
Constantinople (1863-65). He had three children,
William A. Perkins, born in Brewer, November 26,
1861. He graduated from Bowdoin College in 1883,
Andover Theological Seminary in 1888. Herbert F.
Perkins, born October 18, 1864, graduated from Yale
in 1887. Carroll A. Perkins was born November 17,
62 Alan Avenue
Portsmouth, RI 02871
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth, Abt 1828, Maine. 18,19,181
• Residence, 1860, Brewer, Penobscot, Maine. 181
• Residence, 1870, Gorham, Cumberland, Maine. 19
• Residence, 1880, Farmington, Franklin, Maine, United States. 18
George married Sarah Elizabeth Farrington, daughter of Oliver Farrington and Hannah Rider, on 17 Jul 1854. (Sarah Elizabeth Farrington was born on 17 May 1832 in Brewer, Penobscot, Maine, USA 6,8,18.)