The church, once belonging to Tintern Abbey, is a small building of stone in the Early English style, consisting of nave and a belfry containing one bell: there are 70 sittings. The register dates from the year 1770. The living is a perpetual curacy, net yearly value £13, with 188 acres of glebe, in the, gift of the Duke of Beaufort, and held since 1897 by the Rev. Thomas Arthur Davies B.A. of theUniversity of London, who is also vicar of and resides at Llanishen.
C. H. Crompton-Roberts esq. owns the whole of the parish. The soil is sandy; subsoil, sand and gravel. The chief crops are wheat, barley, oats and turnips. The area is 1,816 acres of land and 2 of water; rateable value, £1,034; the population in 189I was 123.
Parish Clerk: John Cobner.
Mrs. Eliza Phillips, sub-postmistress.
Letters arrive from Chepstow at 9.10 a.m. & are dispatched at 6.10 p.m.
Postal orders are issued here, but not paid. The nearest money order office is at Trelleck.
This parish is included in the Llanishen United School Board district, formed 30 Aug. 1875, & the children of this parish attend the board school there.
Wriggley Louis, Trelleck Grange house.
Evans Evan, farmer, Panty moile farm
Evans John, farmer, Llananant farm
Harper John, Fountain inn P.H
Heath George, farmer, Great House farm
Lathom Charles, miller (water)
Morgan Albert, farmer, Meads farm
Morgan Edward. farmer, Trump farm
Morgan Samuel, farmer, Little Crumland farm
Thomas Benjaniin, farmer, Upper Crumland farm
Williams Thomas, farmer, Wainy Park farm
Wriggley Louis, estate agent to C. M. Compton-Roberts esq., Trelleck Grange house.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids