The church of St. Cenhedion, rebuilt with the exception of the tower, in 1862, is an edifice in the Early English and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave of three bays, north aisle, south porch and a tower with a peculiar timber upper storey, and containing 3 bells. The stained east widow is a memorial to the Rev. C. A. Halson, a former vicar, and the west window to Beatrice Elizabeth, wife of Major William Frederick Noel, R.E., d.1889. There are 198 sittings. The register dates from the year 1606. The living is a vicarage, net income £66, in the gift of Lord Llangattock, and held since 1871 by the Rev. John Taylor Harding M.A. of Merton College Oxford, rural dean of Monmouth and prebendary of Llandaff.
Two ancient crosses, one in the churchyard and one at the entranceof the village from Monmouth, have been restored.
Rockfield House, the property of Lord Llangattock, is the residence of Mrs. Williams, and Pentwyn of the Rev. Prebendary John Taylor Harding M.A. vicar. The Duke of Beaufort A.D.C. is lord of the manor. The principal landowners are Lord Llangattock, the Rev. J. T. Harding M.A. and Charles Henry Crompton-Roberts esq. The soil is clayey; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, barley, oats and turnips. The area is 1,835 acres of land and 13 of water; rateable value, £1,809; population in 1891 was 221 in the civil and 231 in the ecclesiastical parish.
By Local Government Board Order No. 14,630, dated March 25, 1883, a detached part of the parish was transferred to Skenfrith.
Sexton, James Bowkett.
Post Office.- James Price, sub-postmaster. Letters from Monmouth arrive at 7 a.m.; dispatched at 5.45 p.m. Postal orders are issued here but not paid. The nearest money order & telegraph office is at The Hendre, 2 miles distant.
National School (mixed), built in 1857 & enlarged in 1895, for 60 children; average attendance, 30; Mrs. Emma Lewis, mistress.