The church of St. Martin is a small but ancient building of stone, in the Early English style, consisting of cliancel, nave, south porch and a western tower with pyramidal stone roof, containing one bell: the east window is stained: there are 60 sittings. The register dates from the year 1727.
The living is a vicarage, annexed to that of Llangoven, net yearly value £196, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Llandaff, and held since 1888 by the Rev. William Rees, of Queen's College, Birmingham.
£2, the produce of a charity bequeathed by the late Mr William Jones of Tygyrog, Llanishen, is distributed yearly.
The Duke of Beaufort, who is lord of the manor, Samuel Courthope Bosanquet, of Dingestow Court, the trustees of the late John Winslow esq. and Mr. James Prichard are the principal landowners. The soil is clay; subsoil strong clay. The chief crops are wheat, oats and beans. The area is 796 acres; rateable value, £547. The population in 1891 was 66.
Letters through Monmouth, arrive at 10a.m. & dispatched at 2p.m. The nearest money order & telegraph office is at Raglan, about 3 miles distant.
National School (mixed), built in 1888, for 45 children; average attendance, 30; Thomas Eddy, master.
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids