The church of St. Bridget is an ancient building, situated in the grounds of Llansantffraed Court, and was restored in 1858; it consists of chancel, nave, south porch and a western turret containing 2 bells:there are memorials in the chancel to the ancestors of the Jones and Herbert families: there are 55 sittings. In the churchyard is an ancient stone cross. The register dates from the year 1753. The living is a. rectory, annexed to Llanvihangel, near Usk, joint net Yearly value £144, in the gift of Col.Ivor J. C. Herbert, C.B., C.M.G., and Sir Arthur John Fludyer, bart., alternately, and held since 1900 by the Rev. John Rees, L.th., of Durham University, who resides at Llanvihangel, near Usk..
Llansantffraed Court, the residence of Major Edmund Herbert J.P. is in this parish. Col. Ivor John Caradoc Herbert, C.B., C.M.G., of Llanarth Court, is lord of the manor and landowner.
The soil is gravelly ; subsoil, marl and clay. The area is 290 acres, rateable value, £318, and the population in 1891 was 20.
Letters through Abergavenny. Penpergwn is the nearest money order office. Llanvihangel Gobion is the nearest telegraph office, about one mile distant
Herbert Major Edmund, J.P., Llansantffraed court; & Boodle's club, St. James', London SW
David Evan, Llansantffraed farm