The church of All Saints is a modern building of stone, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch and a western belfry containing one bell: there are 130 sittings. The register dates from the year 1733. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of St. Bride Wentloog, joint net yearly value £244, with residence and 47 acres of glebe, in the gift of the Bishop of Llandaff, and held since 1871 by the Rev. Watkin Davies.
There is a mission room and Sunday school here. That portion of the road from Newport to Cardiff which passes through this parish commands a very extensive view of the Wentloog Level, the Bristol Channel and the coast of Somersetshire. Lord Tredegar, is lord of the manor and principal landowner. The soil is loam; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are corn and hay. The area is 769 acres; rateable value, £879; the population in 1891 was 135.
County Constable: Thomas David
Letters through Cardiff via Castleton, which is the nearest post, money order & telegraph office, arrive at 9 a.m
The children of this place attend the school at Marshfield.
Davies Rev. Watkin, Rectory
Baker Mary (Miss), farmer, Long house
Dundridge Frank, farm bailiff to Lord Tredegar, Cefn-Mogell
Edwards John, farmer, Tavern farm
Edwards Thomas, wheelwright
Hillier James, stud groom to Lord Tredegar, Stud farm
Lewis Thomas, farmer & assistant overseer
Parsons John Steele, market gardener, Ivy cottage
Parsons Edwin, farmer, Mardy farm
Parsons Robert, farmer, Berry hill
Phillips Rees, farmer, Ty-yn-Bryn
Thomas William, blacksmith
Williams John, farmer & market gardener, Danygraig
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids