Biography of Sarah Traveller (1814-1904)
Sarah Traveller was born 13 February 1814 in London and baptized in the Parish Church of St. Marylebone on 15 March 1815. With the rest of her family, she spent her early years in London before moving with them first to Philadelphia and then to Canada, where the family settled in what was then Bytown (now Ottawa). Sometime before 1835, when she and her husband were witnesses at the marriage of her brother Reuben, she married William A. Henry, a local farmer. She and William had a farm in Nepean bordering that of her brother Reuben and close to the land owned by her brother Fortunatus.
Sarah was widowed by William's death on 25 March 1889, and passed away herself on 15 October 1904. They are both buried in the Merivale group of cemeteries on Merivale Road in Ottawa.
Photo by Scott Naylor
Children of Sarah Traveller and William A. Henry
- Maria was born about 1836, in Nepean, Carleton Co., Ontario.
- Henryetta was born about 1838, in Nepean.
- William Jr. was born about 1839, in Nepean.
- Cornelius was born about 1842, in Nepean.
- Sarah was born about 1845, in Nepean.
- James was born about 1847, in Nepean.
- Ruth B. was born about 1849, in Nepean.
- Marianna was born about 1849, in Nepean.
 Sarah Traveller entry, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah: Family History Library, retrieved 23 April 2008), extracted from Church of England. Parish Church of St. Marylebone (Middlesex), Parish Registers--Baptisms, 1811-1815, FHL 580908.