Page 32 1910 Mrs. Vashti English - Widow's Pension + [part] cover
OK for 1911
Application for Pension by a Widow Under Act of 1910. -- Questions
State of Georgia, Macon County
Personally before me comes Mrs. Vashti English of said State and County, and, after being duly sworn, on oath says that she desires to apply for a pension allowed under the Act of 1910, and submit testimony to make out the same, true answers makes to the following questions to-wit:
1. What is your name, and where do you reside?
Mrs. Vashti English, In Macon Co.
2. How long and since when have you been a continuing resident of the State of Georgia?
All my life, since 1830.
3. When, where and to whom were you married?
1860, Macon Co Ga, Robt. H. English.
4. When, where and in what Company and Regiment did your husband enlist as a soldier in Confederate Army or Georgia Militia? (State the arms and class of Service.)
1864, Company G. 11th Georgia Reserves. Organized Militia.
5. When and where did the commands of your husband surrender or discharge from the army?
1865 Macon Ga.
6. Was your husband personally present at the time of the surrender or discharge of this command?
7. If he was not present state clearly where he was?
8. Where was his command when he left?
Macon Ga at surrender.
a. For what cause did he leave his command?
b. By whose authority did he leave his command?
c. For how long was he granted leave of absence?
Not at all.
[No 'd.' listed on form]
e. What was his physical condition when he left his command?
f. What effort did he make to return to his command?
g. In what way was he prevented from going back to Command? .
h. Was he captured by the enemy at any time?
i. If so, when and where captured and where held as a prisoner, and when and for what cause released?
j. When and where did your first husband die? Were you residing together when he died? If not, how long had you resided apart? Macon Co. 1883, Yes.
9. What property of any description did you own hold or control for use and its cash value, Nov. 4, 1908. (State same by items)
House hold Furniture worth $50.00, 50 Acres of land Valued at $75.00.
10. What property of any kind have you sold or given away since Nov. 4, 1908? What was received for it and what did you do with the proceeds therof? (Give items and cash value)
11. What property of any description of any value have you now? Household Furniture +.
Give list and cash value?
50 acres Val $75.00 Furniture $50.00.
12 What are your annual earnings or income and their value?
No income, except about $50 per year rents - I live with my ____.
13. Have you heretofore been paid a pension by the State?
If so, when and for what cause were you struck from the Roll?
Sworn to and subscribed before me this the 24th day of Sept 1910.
J. S. Elmore, Ordinary of Macon County.