Page 28 1919 Mrs.M.B.English - Witnesses for marriage quest.
Questions for Witnesses as to Service of Husband and Marriage
State of Georgia, Macon County
Personally before me comes Edwin O Williams, who, after being duly sworn, true answers to make to the following questions, answers as follows:
1. What is your name and where do you reside?
Edwin O Williams
2. How long and since when have you known Mrs. M B English, applicant? Since 1860.
3. How long and since when has she continuously resided in this State? (Give date.)
All her life.
4. When and to whom was she married?
How do you know?
Saw them ma
5. How long and since when did you know Mathew English, her husband? 1864
6. When and where did Mathew English, the husband of applicant, die? Do not know the date of his death.
7. Were the applicant and her husband living together as husband and wife at the date of his death?
8. If not, how long did they live apart before his death? (blank) Were they divorced? (blank)
9. When, where and in what Company and Regiment did Mathew English enlist?
Co E 22nd Ga Batln Artillery, Savannah Ga.
10. Were you a member of the same Company?
No, but same Batln.
11. How long within your personal knowledge did he perform actual military service with his Company and Regiment? Do no remember date of enlistment.
He served up to surren.
12. When and where did his Command surrender, and was discharged? Greensboro, N.C.
13. Were you personally present when it was surrendered?
If not, where were you
on wounded fulough.
and how came you there?
14. Was the husband of applicant personally present at surrender? Don't know. If not where was he? (blank)
When, where and for what cause did he leave Command?
(Give date.) (blank) By whose authority did he
leave his Command? (blank) And how long was
he granted leave? (blank) How do you know all this?
15. For what cause, if you know of your own
knowledge, was he prevented from returning to his
16. What effort did he make to return to his Command
and how do you know this? Of your own knowledge or
Sworn to and subscribed before me this the}
5th day of May 1919} Edwin O Williams
[no signature at end for Ordinary, and no County entered]