Page 19 1919 Mrs. J.N. English Widow's Widow Pension
Application for Pension by a Widow Under Act of 1910 As
Amended by Act of 1919
Questions for Applicant
State of Georgia, ....Macon .... County
Personally before me comes ....Mrs Jasper N. English .... of said
State and County, and, after being duly sworn, an oath says
that she desires to apply for a pension allowed under
the Act of 1910, as amended by Act of 1910, and
submit testimony to make out the same, true answers
makes to the following questions to-wit:
1. What is your name, and where do you reside?
Mrs Jasper N English. Macon Co.
2. How long and since when have you been a continuing resident of the State of Georgia?
1840 -29th Feb -All my life.
3. When, where and to whom were you married?
1858 - May 16th. Macon Co Ga. Jasper N. English.
a. Have you married since the death of first and soldier husband?
4. When, where and in what Company and Regiment did your husband enlist as a soldier in Confederate Army or Georgia Militia? (State the arms and class of Service.)
1861 -Americus Ga/ Cp/ A Cutts Batalion (11th Ga.)
5. When and where did the commands of your husband surrender or discharge from the army?
6. Was your husband personally present at the time of the surrender or discharge of this command?
No - He lost and arm at Gettysburg, was at home.
7. If he was not present state clearly where he was?
He was at home wounded.
8. Where was his command when he left?
a. For what cause did he leave his command?
b. By whose authority did he leave his command?
c. For how long was he granted leave of absence?
(No 'd.' listed on form)
e. What was his physical condition when he left his command?
Wounded Lost an arm.
f. What effort did he make to return to his command?
g. In what way was he prevented from going back to Command?
h. Was he captured by the enemy at any time? ....No ....
i. If so, when and where captured and where held as a prisoner, and when and for what cause released?
j. When and where did your first husband die?
1895 -Sept 1st.
k. Were you residing together when he died?
l. If not, how long had you resided apart?
m. Are you now a widow?
9. Have you or your husband heretofore been paid a pension by the State?
Yes He had.
If so, when and for what cause were you or your husband placed on the roll?
Disabled on account of the loss of an arm.
Sworn to and subscribed before me this the} Mrs Jasper N English
4th day of Sept 1919} (X Her Mark)
A C Felton Sr , Ordinary}
of Macon County}