Rudolph was born in Bern Co., Pa and baptized at Bern Reformed Church on Sept 22, 1754. He is listed as a single man in the tax records of Berks Co. in 1779, 1780 and 1781. He married and moved to Frankford Twp., Cumberland Co. before 1790. He acquired a tract of land containing a little over eighty acres which he farmed until 1805. He died sometime in the first few days of August of 1805 leaving his wife with six children who were all under 21 at the time
Orphans Court records show that John Adam, John and Anna Maria were over 14 in 1807. John Adams tombstone in Salem Stone Lutheran and Reformed Church cemetery, Lower Frankford Twp., Cumberland Co., Pa show John Adam was born June 21, 1789 and died Feb 18, 1868. He married Catherine who is also buried there. She died Nov 22, 1868 at 75 yr 0mos 12 days. The younger children were George, Barbara and Jacob.
The 1800 census does not show an adult female in the family. It would appear that Rudolph first married in about 1788 and that his first wife died before the 1800 census. He married Catherine soon after that time. Jacob would be Catherine's son.
Rudolph's surname is spelled Hyser, Heyser and Hizer in various records but later records of his children use Hiser or Heiser. His children are listed as follows;
12 John Adam b June 21, 1789 d Feb 18, 1868 md Katherine Nickey (thanks to Dorothy Albert for this info).
13. John b. abt 1790 md Salome d Jan 2, 1830 (Signature on will was in German) Salome md David Nickey Jan 14, 1836.
14. Anna Maria b early 1790's md before 1809 to John Claes (Clay).
15. George b in 1790's md Mary before 1820. George and Mary were communicants at Salem Stone Church in 1846 & 1849.
16. Barbara b bef 1800 md 1. Samuel Koser Sept. 1, 1818 2. George Swigart Feb 2, 1832.
17. Jacob b early 1800's . No further info.
12 John Adam was the oldest son of Rudolph was born in Cumberland Co on June 21, 1789 and died Feb 18, 1868. He married Catherine Nickey (info from Dorothy Albert, who has a will of George Nickey) died Nov 22, 1868 at 75 yrs, 0 mos, 12 days. They are both buried in Salem Stone Luthern Reformed churchyard in Lower Frankford Twp. Cumberland
Census records indicate he had 2 daughters born between 1810 and 1820. There is an administration account for the year 1868 for Adam but his wife and heirs are not named.
13. John, born about 1790, married Salome about 1810. Three sons are indicated in the 1820 census but only 2 are listed in the will which was probated in 1830. Salome remarried on Jan 14, 1836 to David Nickey. John's children were:
#68 Peter b Nov 6, 1809 md Margaret (Rebecca) Haverstock June 9, 1831. D May 29, 1888. He is buried at Possum Hill Union Church in Frankford Twp. Cumb. Co., Pa. Rebecca was born Aug 19, 1811 and died Apr 13, 1894. She is buried at Luth. St. Matthews , Church Cemetery in Plainfield, Cumb., Co. Their children were:
#236 Mary Ann b July 14, 1832
#237 William H. b ca 1839 md Mary Ann who died 1/13/1860
#238 Sarah Elizabeth b May 13, 1843 d Nov 6, 1892
#239 Jacob b c 1847 md Catherine Burgett 12/11/1879. Jacob died 1926. Cath b 1855 d. 11/17/1948.
#69 John Heyser mar Ann Marie Mountz, both of Frankford Twp., on Dec 15, 1831. The 1850 census lists children as;
#240 William b 4/12/1833 md Mary Shaeffer 12/25/1866. Wm died 2/1/1920 bur Springville Cem., South Middleton Twp., Boiling Sprgs, Pa. Mary b 1/23/1848 in York co., died 7/15/1907.
#241 Caroline b c 1836.
#242 Rebecca b c 1840
#243 Simon b c 1843 mar Lydia Raudabaugh Dec 3, 1868.
#244 Elizabeth b c 1845 mar. Wm Weigel 12/10/1868.
#245 Isabelle b c 1847.
#15 George b Sept 15,1795 in Cumberland County, Pa died March 1, 1867 in Macon County, Il. and md Mary Ann Wolfe b.Jan 1, 1799 in Pa, died Sept 17, 1881 in Macon county, Il married around 1818. Both buried in Garver Cemetery in Illinois. This info from Dorothy Albert. Their children:
#16 Barbara b before 1800 md Samuel Koser on Sep 1, 1818 and md 2nd to George Swigart on Feb 2, 1832.
#17 Jacob, no further info
- Malinda J. Hiser b Feb 5, 1863 and died Aug 11, 1864 one year 6 months and 6 days.
- John Franklin Hiser b Dec 31, 1865 in Macon Co., Il. died Nov 28, 1924 in Macon Co., Il. He married Mary Echert Apr 24, 1888 , Mineva Harrett
- Daniel Hiser b June 23, 1871 died July 31, 1871 1 month 8 days
- William Edgar Hiser b July 29, 1872 died Abt 1891
- Simon Pierce Hiser b April 10 , 1875 in Macon Co., Il died Nov 16, 1963 in Piatt Co., Il. Married Ada Mae Hedden on Mar 10, 1897 in Macon County, Il.
- Effie Ann Hiser b Dec 24, 1879 in Macon County, Il died April 16, 1955 buried in Cerro Gordo Cemetery, She married Harry Stare Feb 11, 1906 in Oakley, Il.
- Ida May Hiser
- Minnie Hiser b bef. May 17, 1882
- Isaiah Hiser b Aug 17, 1882 died 1882 23 days old. Sept 9, 1882
Simon Pierce Hiser b april 10, 1875 to William Hiser and Sarah Agnes Seitz married Ada Mae Hedden on March 10, 1897 in Macon Co., Il. She was the daughter of David Bender Hedding and Eliza Clothier, born Dec 15, 1874 in Macon Co., Il and died Aug 20, 1958. They had the following children;
- Mervin Bryan Hiser b Dec 03, 1898 in Macon Co., Il died april 3 1990. He married Martha Naomi Shinneman, Dorothy Doty Mattesonmore below
- Opal Hiser b Nov 22, 1900 died Jan 13, 1976 married Frank McDonald in 1932.
- female Hiser .
- Vernon Pierce Hiser b Sept 26, 1904 died Jan 28, 1987. He married Eloise Keys on Oct 03, 1931.
- Lloyd Simon Hiser b July 17, 1908 died Oct 22, 1982. He married Edith Gossett in 1949.
- Willis John Hiser b July 3, 1910 died Feb 25 2004 in Whitehall, Oh. Married Elsie Hobbs Oct 1, 1947
- Male Hiser .
- Male Hiser.
Mervin Bryan Hiser (from above) s/o Simon Pierce Hiser and Ada Mae Hedden married Martha Naomi Shinneman on Feb 22, 1923 in Macon Co., Il. She was the daughter of Adelbert Delos Shinneman and Emma Dresser. They had 4 girls, still living except Margie Ellen Hiser who was born in 1928 and died Nov 1988.