second son of Charles and Anna Marie Mueller
This is Charles and Anna Marie Mueller 's children
|George #37 b.1785||Margaret #38||Mary A. #39||H. Adam #40||Elizabeth (Molly) 1791 #41||Charles #42/ b 1799||Frederick #43 b.1802||Heinrich #44 b. 1802|
#40 H. Adam is the second son of Charles, born on Feb 20, 1792. He married Mary Ann Varner on Nov 9, 1813. He served in the war of 1812 from July 12, 1814 to Nov 12, 1814. His pension papers show he Married Mary Ann Varner on Oct 15, 1813 and Mallows records show Nov 9, 1813. Their five oldest children were baptized at Mallows by May 12, 1821. We have land record dated 1825 showing that Adam and Mary Ann Hiser of Ohio were selling land acquired from her father, John Varner (Warner or Werner in older papers), to Adam's father. Mary Ann was born ca 1796. Adam and Mary Ann bought 50 acres of land in Highland County, White Oak Twp., Ohio in 1825 which he sold in 1845 when he moved to Clay twp. in Highland county. At least 3 more children were born by 1838. Adam applied for Bounty Land Warrants and received 40 acres in 1850 and 120 acres in 1855. He moved to Brown County c 1866 where he applied for a pension in 1871. Adam died on Feb 23, 1880 and Mary Ann c 1861-7. Children:
|#143 Catherine b June 1, 1814||#144 Solomon b Feb 7, 1816||#145 Phoebe Sulfina July 13, 1817||#146 Susannah b July 4, 1819|
|#147 Sophia b May 12, 1821 Va||#148 Hannah b 1830||#149 Anna b ca 1835||#150 Millicent b Nov 16, 1838 ****|
#143 Catherine was the oldest child of Adam and Mary Ann (Varner) Hiser, born in Pendletown Co. Va on June 1, 1814. She moved to Highland Co., Ohio in about 1825. She married Adam Lantz on Nov 13, 1833. Adam Lantz was the son of George Adam and Catherine Lantz. He was born in Shenandoah Co., Va between 1790 and 1800 and moved to White Oak township of Highland county, Ohio in about 1801. They were among the first settlers of the township. The elder Lantz (Lance) bought 412 acres of land on White Oak Creek in 1806 where they raised 6 sons and 4 daughters. George Adam died in 1827. He left 100 acres to his son Adam, in what became Clay Co., in his will.
Adam and Catherine Lance had 5 children before Adam died on Sept 12, 1848. They were:
1. Mary Ann b c 1835 d before 1876. married Sanford Bradley on April 24, 1856. Sanford b 4/15/1836-1/22/1917.
2. Henry b c 1837 married Louisa Jane Davidson on 7/26/1859. Served in 11th OVI, Co. D Civil War (11/23/1861-4/1/1865)
3. Delila b c 1838 married Henry W. Clinger on 11/11/1857.
4. Sarah Ellen b c 1843. In 1860, she is with her sister Mary Ann.
5. Noah Spence, 3 years old in 1848 b c 1845 not in 1850 census. May have died before then.
#144 Solomon born in Pendletown County on Feb 7, 1816 and bap. Mar 15, 1816. Solomon married Julia A. c 1840 Julia was born Jan 26, 1817 in Ohio and died Mar 26, 1891. She is buried at Flagspring Cem. Newtown, Hamilton Co. Ohio where she purchased a lot on Nov 26, 1886. (This may have been at the time of Solomon's death).
Solomon and Julia had only girls and since he was the only son of Adam, the Hiser name could not continue through him. Children of Solomon and Julia:
#396 Mary Ann b c 1840
#397 Nancy b c 1842 mar. ? Martins c 1859
#398 Elizabeth b c 1855
#400 Laura b Dec 2, 1856, unmarried d Mar 24, 1899 of heart failure at age 42. buried at Flagsprings Cem., Newtown, Ohio
#401 Harriet b c 1861
#145 Phoebe Sulfina born July 13, 1817 and bap. Sept 1, 1917 in Pendleton County, Va. She married Wm. A. Ackles on Sept 20, 1838 in White Oak Twp., Highland Co., Ohio. Wm A. was born c 1819, 3rd son of Wm. B. and Mary A. Ackles. William A. and his brother, James, paid taxes in Clay Twp. in 1835-1853 and then no further record. The 1850 census lists- William at 31 and Phoebe at 30, Susan 10, Hannah 9, John 8, Sarah E. 4 and Elizabeth at 2.
#147 Sophia born on May 12, 1821 in Pendelton County, Va bapt. on July 8, 1821. Married Reuben George Dawson on April 4, 1837 in Highland County, Ohio. Reuben was born c 1816. Sophia died bef 1859. They had one child:
Ellen b c 1841 married Wm. Segars on Mar 20, 1859.
*Note: John Perry was the grandfather of Ethel (Hiser) Lawson who has done most of the research on the descendents of Adam
There are many things we do not know about Hannah. We do know that in the 1850 census she is listed as Hannah Hiser and has a son, John Perry. In 1860, Hannah Hiser is 31 years, John Perry is 12, Julia is 8 and Mary is 2. The father of these children is not shown in any record. In 1850 Hannah was living with the James M. Charles family. in 1860 she and the three children live with her parents. When Hannah's daughter, Julia A., married at age 17 in Jan 1869, Hannah signed the permission note and also signed Adam's name for him. (Adam's pension application states he could not sign his name in English). Hannah died in 1875. Her children were:
#402 John Perry b Dec 23, 1848
#403 Julia b Aug 28, 1851
#404 Mary b c 1858
#402 John P. enlisted in the OhioVolunteer Infantry, Co. D, 175th Regt. at Hillsboro, Ohio on Aug 13, 1864. He was 15 yrs. old. He was sent to Camp Dennison at enlistment and was honorably discharged at Nashville, Tenn. on June 27, 1865. He contracted measles in the service and was left with heart and throat problems.
John married Louella Swisher on June 3, 1874 at Dover (Kentucky) Christian Church. John moved his family to Brown county on Pisgah Hill Rd near Levanna, Ohio sometime after the birth of their first child. John died Nov 24, 1922 of Organic Heart disease at age 73-11-1 in Brown county, Ohio.
Louella was born Aug 2, 1856 near Ripley in Brown County and died on June 14, 1940 in Aberdeen, Ohio. both are buried at Pisgah Ridge Cem., Levanna, Ohio. their children;
#720 Charles Edward b July 13, 1876
#721 Arthur Lee was born May 11, 1881 near Levanna in Brown Co., Ohio. He died on July 17, 1950 at age 69 and is buried at Pisgah Ridge. He was divorced at least once and possibly twice. One wifes name was Wattie.
#722 Bessie Pearl was born on May 1, 1883 and died on April 28, 1896 of tuberculosis. She is buried at Pisgah Ridge.
#723 Elbert Aaron b Feb 23, 1885 and died of diptheria on Nov 18, 1892. Bur. at Pisgah Ridge.
#724William Francis b June 10, 1890 near Levanna. He married Marie Philippine Riesch on June 7, 1913. They had 10 children. 6 girls 4 boys. William died at age 84 on July 3, 1974 in Cincinnati Ohio and is buried there at Spring Grove Cemetery. Marie was born in Cincinnati on Nov 9, 1890 and died Jan 12, 1975 at age 84. She is buried at Spring Grove. One of their children, Ethel Lawson was the researcher of this information.
#725 Ray Gould b July 24, 1892 at Levanna. He died at age 5 on Sept 6, 1897. buried Pisgah Ridge.
#726 Roy X b Nov 7, 1893 at Levanna and died of pulmonary tb while preparing to be a school teacher on Oct 25, 1913 at Levanna. Buried Pisgah Ridge.
#727 Henry Lewis b april 29, 1897 at Levanna. On May 11, 1925 he married Mabel Christine Florer. He died on May 2, 1969 buried Pisgah Ridge. He died of emphysema from the effects of Mustard Gash in his lungs while serving in WWI. He received the Croix de Guerre from France and the Distinguished Service Cross, Silver Star and a Citation Award from the USA for actions in WWI. He was the Lockmaster for Chilo Damm 34. Mabel was the daugher of John and Fanny (King) Florer. She was born on Sept 1, 1908 in Dover Ky. She died on Feb 12, 1995. They had 2 girls 4 boys.
#720 Charles Edward was born July 13, 1876 in Bracken Co., Ky. He died Oct 14, 1946 and is buried at Pisgah Ridge Cem. He first married Blanche Alice Bess on July 13, 1911. She was born on Oct 31, 1890 in Clermont Co., Ohio. Shw was the daughter of Isaac Newton Bess and Suzanne S. Bowring. She died of Bronchial pneumonia Apr 13, 1923 in Harlan Twp., Warren Co., Ohio. She is buried in Wesley Chapel Cem. on W. Woodville Rd., Warren Co., Ohio. He then married Ella Pettit on May 1, 1930. Their stepson was John Pettit. Their children;
#1670 Susie Louella b Jul 17, 1912 d Sept 29, 1984 married Herman Deaton who died 12/19/1971. Both buried in Conover, Ohio.
#1671Beula Pearl b Oct 15, 1913 d Sept 1984 bur. Ft. Thomas Ky. Married 1. Shirley Jones (died) 2. Harry Lange
#1672 Lorena Myrl mar 1. Alvin Diehl (bur. in Goshen, Ohio Ceme) 2. Herman Weddle.
#1673 Grace Cecelia marr.. Harry Francis Crawford. Harry was born 3/16/1915 d 1031/1984. They had 2 boys 2 girls.
#1674 George Edward b Apr 4, 1923 d Apr 5, 1923 bur. Wesley Chapel Blanchester, Ohio. Charles Edward then married Ella Pettit on May 1, 1930. Her child from her first marriage is listed above, John.
#403 Julia Anna Hiser was born on Aug 28, 1851 in Clay twp., Highland Co., Ohio. She married Jacob Swisher on Jan 21, 1869 in Bracken Co., Ky. This was Jacob's second marriage. He was born Oct 27, 1839. He first married Mary ? c 1860. Mary died on May 29, 1866 bur. Pisgah Ridge. Jacob was a private in Co. K of the 188th OVI during the Civil War from Feb 13,to Sept 21, 1865. Jacob and Mary had two children;
- David E. b May 22, 1861 d Oct 24, 1866
- William O. b May 10, 1864 mar Oct 1888 children; 1. Willie and 2. Myrtle
Julia died in cincinnati on May 9, 1920. Jacob died on Dec 14, 1909 in Cinc. Both are buried in John Perry's plot at Pisgah Ridge. Their five children were;
- Clarence Elmo b Mar 9, 1872 1951?. He married Hannah J. on Oct 28, 1891. She was born Apr 1867 and died c 1951. Their children were:
- Clarence Marion b June 1893 in W. Va
- Forrest E. b Sept 1895 mar Mabel c 1919
2. Lilly Forest Jyuly 11, 1881-Jan 22, 1952 mar John Richard Smith on Nov 27, 1902. He was born Dec 21, 1878 in Ky and died May 20, 1933. Their children:
- Vernia Richard b Aug 20, 1903-Sept 20, 1974 in Cinc. He married Helen M. Enright b ? d. May 30, 1978. A son Jack V. who had 2 sons
- Vergie Eliz. b Mar 1, 1905 mar June 3, 1944 to George James. Vergie b Ky. D Sept 23, 1994 & Geo. b Tenn. d July 1, 1994
- Elsie Ambler b Mar 19, 1906, Ky mar. Arthur Hendricks. Elsie died Oct 22, 1994 had one girl
- Roy Estal Wilhoit b Oct 18, 1907, Ky Sept 19, 1970 mar. Bernice Gorman b 9/22/1911 d 10/27/1995 2 girls 7 grand children
- Lillie Louella b Feb 25, 1911 mar. d
- Frank Willis mar Bessie B. Johns and had 2 boys
- Carl Raymond b May 12, 1915 d. after 1974 bur. St. Joseph Cem. mar 1. Mary bur. St. Joseph Cem 2. ? ? bur. St. Joseph Cem.
- Katherine Nora May b Aug 31, 1917 d c 1989 m John Orth
- Edward Joseph b Dec 22, 1921 mar. Betty ? d Nov 1994
3. Ora Estal May 27, 1884-July 27, 1963 mar 1st Bertha May Smith on 10/30/1902. She was born Oct 19, 1881-Sept 5, 1906 (24yrs) 2. mar. Olivet Penick after 1910. She was b 1891-2 & d. Feb 13, 1982 (90yrs) children or Ora and Olivet.
- Edna Mildred mar. ? Moreno
- Robert mar . Rosemary C. d bef 1989
- Clarence r. d bef 1989
#150 Millicent (Millie)*** was born Nov 16, 1838 in Ohio. She married Reuben Francis Bratton on Dec 31, 1864 in Highland County, Ohio.Reuben was one of 13 children of Joshua Bratten and Sarah (Calvin). On Reuben's death certificate he was born May 13, 1836 and died Jan 8, 1916. Millie died of apoplexy on July 18, 1913. They lived in Brown County, Ohio and are buried in Hall Cemetery near Sardinia, Brown County. Their children;
- Sarah b 1865
- Minerva Hannah b 1867
- Emma 1869
- Julia Amanda b July 26, 1870 ****
- Susan E. 1875
- Joseph b 1876
- Ida May c 21 July 1877 Highland County, Ohio d. 18 Feb 1959 Cin. Ohio married Harvey Edward Stroufe 21 Sept. 1893. buried in Brown Chapel Cem. White Oak Twp. Brown County, Ohio.
- Clara E. b Mar 1880?
- Florence Catherine b 31 Oct 1880 d. Oct 1921
- Isabelle Sept 1882
4.**** Julia Amanda my great grandmother married 1. James Penny from Clermont county,He was the son of Peter Penny and Susan (Fithen). They had 3 children;
- ****Margurite Hazel Penny b Mar 14, 1894 in Brown County, Ohio d. Apr 3, 1985 in Dayton. She married John J. McGlaughlin from Excello, Ohio on Dec 2, 1914. They had one son;**** Milton E. McLaughlin b July 2, 1916 d. Nov 14, 1997.
- Clarence Penny b 1895 d. 1901 buried Bethel Ohio, Tate Twp. Cemetery
- Charlie Penny b ca1899
Julia then married 2. Charles Henry McCurdy 2/3/1913 then 3. Charles Graham from Greene County, Ohio. She had no other children.
*** this is my anscestor
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids