Volume II, #4
1. Died at Grass Valley, 2 April 1876 - Pemelia, wife of D. D. WILLS, aged 51 years, a native of TN
2. Recommended officers of the Contra Costa County Distric Lodge I.O.G.T. [NOTE: This is apparently the International Organisation of Good Templars which is the largest international non-governmental organisation working in the field of temperance. For more information, see http://www.iogt-international.org/englishinfo.htm]
a) Bro. Eli R. CHASE, Martinez - rec. for District Deputy, G.W.C.T.
b) Sis. M. R. CHASE, Martinez - District Vice Templar
c) Bro. J. Rio BAKER, Antioch - District Secretary
d) Bro. Oliver P. WILLS, Antioch - District Financial Secretary
e) Oscar SMITH, Eden Plains - District Treasurer
f) Alice WILLS, Antioch - District Marshall
g) Frank CLIFFORD, Nortonville - District Inside Guard
h) Mr. CARLTON, Point of Timber - District Outside Guard
i) H. W. BREWER, Antioch - District Chaplin
3. Real Estate Transactions
a) M. B. IVORY, Sheriff to G. A. LAWRENCE, Lots 1 & 2 in block 51 and lot 6 in block 36, original survey of the town of Martinez - $24.64
b) State of California to Joseph W. JORDAN - Five acres SE ¼ of Section 43, T1N, R3E, and 9 46-100 in Section 25, T1N, R3E Patent
c) John TAPPEINER and wife to Rick PETERS - Lot 5 in block 2, town of Antioch - $1400
d) Board of Tide Land Commissioners to Henry GOULD - 20 60-100 acres in lots 26 & 27 of Section 2, and 22 and 44-100 acres in lots 31 & 32 and part of lot 25 in Section 1, T1N, R5W - $948.92
e) Henry GOULD to G. W. TYRELL - same lands as last above described - $250
f) W. A. SMITH to G. W. TYRELL - Undivided ½ of part of NW ¼ of SW ¼ of Section 1, and part of NE of SE ¼ of Section 2, tule lands near San Pablo - $1000
g) John TRUMAN to John KLESOW - NW ¼ of Section 14, T1S, R3E - $703.30
h) Board of Tide Land Commissioner to J. U. HALEY - 6 5-100 acres, being Lot 1 in Section 4, T1N, R5W - $.60
4. Trial Jurors for District Court, 19 April 1976.
a) James EWING, Thomas YOUNG, Wm. VAN PATTEN, R. HASTIE, P. F. STOWELL, T. EDWARDS, Harrison WELCH, J. T. WALKER, Owen EVANS, J. W. GANN, Jas. O’HARA, A. L. GARTLEY, M. MULCAHY, W. BROCKMAN, W. DICKERMAN, Frank WILLS, Jos. CAREY, Chas. WOODFORD, J. F. DEEMER, Chas. HOLLOWAY, Jas. O. BOONE, Thos. McMAHON, Seth NICHOLS, Horace SLOAN, A. BURKE, C. N. WIGHT, Isaac RUSSELL, James TRANT, Julius ZABLE, Sam BROWN, Jno. MULLALLY, Jerimiah KING, Josiah ALLEN, Mark ELLIOTT, Jno. FITZPATRICK, Jno. H. WEBBER, F. W. SANGMASTER, G. W. GREEN, John JEPSON, T. GRIFFIN, Frank TINNIN, S. SWARTZ, Manuel PETERS, W. A. BROADMAN, J. D. LLEWELLYN, D. CUNNINGHAM, M. TIEDMAN, F. M. SMITH, J. SLOAN, R. G. DEAN, James QUINN
5. Delegates elected to attend the Walnut Creek Convention.
a) J. G. CHASE, Russell EDDY, J. W. GALLOWAY, Stephen JESSUP, R. B. HARD, Jas T. CRUIKSHANK
6. Harry PEERS opened a new saloon near the Granger Wharf.
7. Mrs. B. F. BUTTLER died Saturday.
This page was last updated on Saturday, 18-January-2003
© Linda Brown / email@example.com