Louisa Parks was born to Robert Parks and Mary McClary
about 10 years later probably in the same area. Both
the Parks and McClary families settled the area just
a few years before the Walkers, with the Parks family
at Little Sycamore and the McClarys near Mulberry Gap.
Louisa's maternal grandfather, Andrew McClary, was
a Revolutionary War veteran for whose pension Edward
B. Walker filed a deposition; her aunt, Esther (McClary)
Coleman, lived next door to Edward
Walker, Jr. Her brother Franklin married Elizabeth
Jane Doherty, apparently the daughter of William Doherty
and half-sister to Lucinda Doherty who married Henry
Walker, son of Edward Jr., and her niece married
Samuel's younger brother.
Samuel and Louisa (Parks) Walker had one known child,
Benjamin Franklin Walker, who was born 29 October 1850
presumably on Little Sycamore Creek. As best as is known,
the family stayed in the same area through the Civil
War. Being over 40 when the war started, Samuel is not
known to have served in any capacity, although his brother
After the war, the family moved with his brother Isaac
and others to Collin County, Texas. Sometime in the
1870s, Louisa apparently died, because Samuel can be
found as a widower in 1880 living in Denton County with
his son Benjamin and Benjamin's family. Benjamin had
married Martha J. Cloud, from Missouri, in Denton County
on 8 March 1877.
Samuel is assumed to have died between 1880 and 1900
since there is no obvious Census entry for him, and
he is not living with his only child; certainly, the
possibility certainly remains that he lived longer.
The places of burial for Samuel and Louisa are unknown.
Their son Benjamin died 1 September 1909 at his home
in Terrell, Kaufman County, Texas. He, like his wife
eight years later, was buried in McKinney/Union Hill
Cemetery in Denton County, Texas, but the graves were
moved in 1985 when a lake was created. They are now
in Jones Cemetery in Cooke County, Texas. Most if not
all living descendants are descended through Benjamin's
daughter Annie Myrtle, who married Edward M. Masters
and settled in Harmon County, Oklahoma.