Welcome to Standish,
Cumberland County, Maine
Pink Ladyslipper or Moccasin Flower (Cypripedium acaule)
Courtesy of Harold Lacadie
My name is
Dana E. Edgecomb
, and I am the host of this page.
Search this site
As of July 1, 1998, Frye's Island split from Standish and became a town
on its own. Click here to check their website.
Town of Standish website
Census Records -- Federal
Private Census Records.
- Please note missing families in printed 1790 Census
- 1790 Census of Standish
- Private 1905 Census
- Census Population Statistics
Deeds & Probate Records
- 1750 Survey of Standish
- 5-Acre Land Grants
- Plan of 5-Acre Lots Paul S. Edgecomb and Dana E. Edgecomb
- Standish Cape Grantees
- Plan of Standish Cape
- 30-Acre Lot Grantees and Successors
- Lots Annexed from Buxton
- Grantees of the Three Divisions
- Grantees of the Common Land
- Standish Corner Map 1857
Town Records -- Records of our Standish Ancestors.
- Standish First Church Baptisms
- Standish First Church Marriages
- Births from Annual Town Reports (123kb) Courtesy of Dana E. Edgecomb
- Moses Pearson's Company
- Revolutionary War Soldiers
- Revolutionary War Estates (Pensions)
- War of 1812
- Civil War
- Spanish-American War
- Korean War
- Vietnam War
Early History -- Narrative on the lives of our Standish
- Moses Pearson's Petition -- for a new township.
- Moses Pearson's Genealogy -- from father Jeremiah.
- Heroes of Old -- the siege of Louisburg.
- Militia Exercises -- War of 1812.
- Standish -- from the History of Cumberland County. Courtesy of Marilyn Leeland.
Early Families -- Ancestors living in Standish before 1900
-- Individual Narratives.
- The Death of Mr. and Mrs. Tarbox
- Archibald Smith and Family
- Genealogies -- with a Standish connection.
- Pearsontown Proprietors -- and their families.
- Standish Families and Biographies, 1750-1800
- Standish Families and Biographies, 1800-1900
Standish, ME Genealogical Databases
Display Cumberland County Queries
Enter a Query for Cumberland County
- Roll Call -- List of descendants researching their Standish
- Links - Other resources and miscellanous links.
- Newspapers - Maine Newspapers Published in 1860-61. Contributed by Bob Jackson.
- Newspapers - Maine Newspapers and Magazines Published in 1886.
- Newspapers - Maine Newspapers Published in 1901.
- Newspapers - Maine Newspapers Published in 1926.
- Newspapers - Maine Newspapers at the Fogler Library.
- Cemetery Locations
- Cemetery Inscriptions
- Standish Research Facilities - Where to do research.
- Migration from Maine
- Migration to Ohio
- Maine Genealogical Researchers for Hire - (Commercial Site).
- Government of Maine
- U.S. Surname Distribution
- Miscellaneous Vital Records
Volunteers are needed to collect census data.
If you can volunteer, please let Dana E. Edgecomb
Return to :Cumberland County Index
© 2001-2005 Dana E. Edgecomb
Dana E. Edgecomb