Congregation of Ballygrainey
I have compared the entries in the Roll of Honour with the names recorded on the Memorial installed in the church. I have added those names not recorded in the Roll and noted any differences etc. I found either as a footnote or in brackets. For those fallen, where possible, I have also added a link to the relevant entry on the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website (CWGC.org) and/or Soldiers Died in the Great War I have transcribed.
|Surname||First Name||House||Address||Rank||Regiment, Battalion or Unit||Remarks|
|Alexander||Robt.||Cottown||Lance-Corporal||R.I.R.||Killed in Action|
|Alexander||Wm.||Cottown||Private||R.I.R.||Killed in Action (CWGC; SDGW)|
|Campbell ||Wash.||Cottown||Private||R.I.R.||Killed in Action|
|Keating||John||Cottown||Private||R.I.R.||Killed in Action (possible CWGC; SDGW)|
|McCauley||Wm. Robt||Cottown||Private||R.I R.||Prisoner of War|
|McClelland||James||Cottown||Private||R.I.R.||Killed in Action|
|McClelland||James Arthur||Cottown||Private||R.I.R.||Killed in Action (CWGC)|
|McClelland||Wm. John||Cottown||Private||R.I.R.||Prisoner of War|
|Montgomery||Andrew||Cottown||Private||R.I.R.||Killed in Action (CWGC possible)|
|Torrens||James Claude||Granshaw||Lieutenant||M.G.C.||Killed in Action|
|COLONIAL and U.S.A. FORCES|
|Torrens||W. B.||Granshaw||Officer||American Forces|
|Queen Mary's Army Auxiliary Corps|
|McCauley ||Miss C.|
1. The memorial records Wash. Campbell and Joseph Frew as serving with American forces.
2. Recorded on the church memorial but not in the Roll of Honour.
3. Recorded in the Roll of Honour as serving with R.A.F. but as R.F.C. on church memorial.
4. Recorded in the Roll of Honour as serving with R.I.R. but with R.I.F. on church memorial.
5. Recorded in the Roll of Honour as serving with N.Z.R. but with American forces on church memorial.