Extract for the Congregation of Ballyeaston, Second
I have compared the entries in the Roll of Honour with the names recorded on the Memorial installed in the church. I have added those names not recorded in the Roll and noted any differences etc. I found either as a footnote or in brackets. For those fallen, where possible, I have also added a link to the relevant entry on the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website (CWGC.org) and/or Soldiers Died in the Great War I have transcribed.
|Surname||First Name||House||Address||Rank||Regiment, Battalion or Unit||Remarks|
|Beggs ||Samuel L.||Ballyeaston||Private (Sapper)||12th R.I.R.||Wounded|
|Davison ||Samuel||Ballyeaston||Private (Drummer)||12th R.I.R.||Wounded|
|Hayes||Robert||Ballyclare||Private||12th R.I.R.||Killed in Action (CWGC; SDGW)|
|Laird ||Robert John||Ballyclare||Lance-Corporal||12th R.I.R.||Wounded; M.M.|
|Leith||Wm. James||Dunamoy||Private||63rd Brigade R.F.A.||Wounded|
|Loughran ||Wm. H.||Ballyclare||Corporal (Driver)||R.A.M.C. (M.T.)|
|Lynn||Samuel||Ballycorr||Private||9th R.I. Fus.|
|McClean ||Wm. J.||Corporal||12th R.I.R.||Wounded|
|McGookin||Thomas J.||Rashee||Private||I. Guards||Killed in Action (CWGC)|
|McIlwaine ||James||Ballyalbana||Private||12th R.I.R.||Wounded; M.M.|
|McNally||Fred.||Brookfield||2nd Lieutenant||5th R.I. Regt.|
|Manson||Robert||Ballyclare||Private||12th R.I.R.||Killed in Action (CWGC; SDGW)|
|Mayne ||William||Dunamoy||Seaman||R.N.||Died (CWGC)|
|Moore||Andrew||Ballyeaston||Corporal||12th R.I.R.||Wounded; M.M.|
|Robinson||Samuel||Cogry||Private||12th R.I.R.||Killed in Action (CWGC; SDGW)|
|Smith ||Hugh F.||Kilbride||Petty Officer||R.N.|
|Surgeoner||James Alexander||Ballyclare||Private||3rd K.O.R.L.||Died (CWGC)|
|Todd ||J. Bryson||Ballyeaston||Private (Sapper)||R.E.||M.M.|
|Waddell ||George||Cogry||Private||12th R.I.R. (18th Batt.)||Killed Accidentally (CWGC; SDGW)|
|Blair||John||Cogry||Private||1st Can. Div.||Wounded|
|Gilmour||Wm. Andrew||Ballyeaston||Private||Can. Div.|
|McClelland||William Hugh||Ballynashee||Private||N.Z.||Killed in Action (CWGC)|
|Semple||Alan||Kilbride||Private||1st Aust. Div.||Wounded|
1. Recorded on the church memorial but not in the Roll of Honour.
2. Recorded on the church memorial as Sapper.
3. Name recorded in the Roll of Honour as "Davidson" but on the church memorial as "Davison"; also recorded on church memorial as Drummer.
4. Recorded on the church memorial as receiving Military Medal.
5. Recorded on the church memorial as Driver.
6. Recorded on the church memorial as Corporal.
7. Recorded on the church memorial as Seaman and as having died.
8. Recorded on the church memorial as Petty Officer.
9. Recorded on the church memorial as having died.
10. Recorded in Roll of Honour and on the church memorial as 12th Batt. but on CWGC and in SDGW as 18th Batt.