simmons Jonathan Simmons, son of Richard Simmons and Susanna Pottenger, was born in 1749 in Prince George's Co MD. He married Elizabeth Child in Anne Arundel Co in 1770. Elizabeth was born in MD in 1751, likely a daughter of Henry Child and Jemima Pottenger. Jonathan and his family, three of his brothers and sisters and their families, and his step mother moved to Pottenger's Station in Nelson Co VA (now KY) soon after his father's death in 1784. He and Elizabeth owned land and lived in Hardin Co KY in 1802 and 1804. Jonathan died in Meade Co in 1824. Elizabeth was still alive in 1825, and may have been the old woman living with her son Cephas in Ohio Co in 1830, or may have lived her last years in IL with another child. They had about 11 children-
a. William Simmons was an Ensign in the 3rd Regiment (Nelson Co, which later became Hardin Co) of the KY Militia in 1792; in 1800 he was a Captain in the 32nd Regiment (Bullitt Co).
b. Richard Simmons, b 1771-1784, married Sophia Heart in Logan Co in 1797, and died in 1814. They had five children who spent their lives in Bullitt Co.
c. Henry Child Simmons, b the 1770s in MD, moved with his family to Pottenger's Station in Nelson Co VA (now KY) in 1784. In 1800 he married Sarah Ferguson in Logan Co KY. She was from VA. Henry and his wife apparently spent some time in IL since their daughter Sarah Ann was born in IL. It is known that some of the Simmons clan did move to IL. In any case, Henry died in the winter of 1831-1832 in Meade Co KY. He and Sarah had at least nine children, many of whom lived in the No Creek area of Ohio Co-
1. Randolph Simmons, b 1809, married twice. The first wife is yet unknown, but the second was Susan J Bozarth, married in 1844. She was born in 1825, daughter of John Bozarth. Randolph died about 1853. He had nine or ten children-
a. boy Simmons(?), b 1821-1825, died in 1840s.
b. girl Simmons, b 1826-1830, died or married by 1850.
c. William Allen Simmons, b 1828, married Elizabeth Henry in 1852. He died by 1860. She was born in 1833, daughter of Joseph Henry and Nancy _____. William and Elizabeth had three children-
1. Joseph H Simmons, b 1852, married Susan M Arvin in 1875. She was born in 1858 in Ohio Co, daughter of James Arvin and Susan Hinter, and died in 1914 in Daviess Co. Joseph died in 1927 in Daviess Co; his death record shows the correct birth dates for Joseph, and had Joseph’s parents’ names, but Joseph was shown incorrectly on the death certificate to be John H Simmons. Joseph Simmons was also the informant for Susan’s death certificate, and daughter Ruth’s death record shows her parents to be Joseph Simmons and Sue Arvin. Joseph and Sue had three children by 1900-
a. Ruth Simmons, b 1877, died in 1952. She married a Mr Sumner.
b. child Simmons, b & d by 1900.
c. child Simmons, b & d by 1900.
2. William Simmons, b 1853 in Ohio Co, married Sarah _____ about 1886. She was born in 1858. William died in 1929 in McLean Co. By 1900 they had eight children-
a. Emma Simmons, b 1887.
b. Leona Simmons, b 1889.
c. child Simmons, b about 1890, died by 1900.
d. Annie Simmons, b 1892.
e. Rassie Simmons (boy), b 1895.
f. child Simmons, b 1890s, died by 1900.
g. child Simmons, b 1890s, died by 1900.
h. Joda Simmons, b 1900.
3. John Sam Simmons, b 1856 in Ohio Co, married Susan J Wiggington about 1886. She was born in 1870 in Ohio Co, daughter of Johnson Wigginton and Margaret Arvin, and died in 1950 in Daviess Co. John died in 1949. They had three children by 1900-
a. Josie Simmons, b 1889.
b. Laura Simmons, b 1894.
c. Irvin Simmons, b 1898.
d. Henry C Simmons, b 1831, married Sally M Lucas in 1865, and died in 1869.
e. Mary A Simmons, b 1832 (md William M Hinton in 1850?).
f. girl Simmons, b 1830s, died or married by 1850.
g. Benjamin Simmons, b 1842, died in 1863. He served in the Union Army during the Civil War.
h. John Simmons, b 1845, married Louisa Ernspiger in 1867. She was born in 1844. Her first marriage was to Henry Clay Stevens in 1859. John and Louisa had no children by 1870.
i. Jesse Simmons, b 1847.
j. Hiram Simmons, b 1849, married Mary E Wedding in 1871. She was born in 1852, daughter of Nathaniel P Wedding and Mary A _____. They had four children by 1880-
1. Squire L Simmons, b 1872.
2. James B Simmons, b 1874.
3. Gilbert T Simmons, b 1877.
4. Nathaniel P Simmons, b 1879.
2. Amelia Simmons, b 1811, married Ezra Shaver in Meade Co 28 May 1837. He was born about 1808 in Hardin Co, and died by 1841, for Amelia then married her cousin William C Simmons in Meade Co on 16 Dec 1841, and moved to Ohio Co later in the 1840s, where he had lived since about 1814. The Ohio Co courts made William a guardian of Amelia's orphaned children in Feb 1844. Amelia died in the 1860s; her children with Ezra were-
a. Rachael Shaver, b 1838, married John F Gorman. He was born in 1844 and died in 1909.
b. boy Shaver, b 1839, probably died by 1850.
c. Richard Shaver, b 1840, married Sallie Hipsley in 1867. She was a daughter of Edwin Hipsley and Patsy _____. Sally was a sister of Martha Hipsley who married William Griffith Bennett. Richard died in 1869 and Sallie then married John Henry James in 1875. Richard and Sallie had a daughter-
1. Laura Shaver, b 1868.
3. Miriam Simmons, b 1813, married Felix Shaver on 8 Aug 1833 in Meade Co. He was born about 1808 in Hardin Co KY, son of Benjamin Shaver, and died in the 1840s in Ohio Co. Miriam died after 1880. She was born in 1813, probably in Logan Co, and died after 1880; Miriam never remarried, and was a farmer in Ohio Co. They had six children, b Meade Co-
a. Jesse Shaver, b 5 Oct 1834, married Rachel Vitula Baird in 1867. She was born in 1833, daughter of Thomas Baird and Elizabeth Ford. Jesse died in 1900 and Rachel in 1912. He and Rachael had three children-
1. Felix Shaver, b 1869, married twice: 1st to Bertie Williams in 1903, and 2nd to Etta Render in 1905.
2. Ann Shaver, b 1870.
3. Samuel Shaver, b 1876, married Rachel Moore in 1896.
b. Sarah A Shaver, b 10 Oct 1835, married Irod Hipsley in 1858. He was born in Ohio Co 12 Nov 1821, son of Amos Hipsley and Providence Chapman. Sallie died in 1899 and Irad in Ohio Co on 12 Feb 1912. They had two children-
1. Mary Hipsley, b 1859, married John A Riggs in 1879.
2. Nancy Hipsley, b 1860s, died at birth.
c. Elizabeth Shaver, b Jun 1838, was unmarried in 1880. She married her sister Amelia’s husband George L Hudson about 1892, but they had no children. Elizabeth died in the 1900s and George then moved in with his son William, at Hartford. (1nsu)
d. Amelia Shaver, b 1840, married George L Hudson in 1866. He was born 12 Apr 1832 and died in Ohio Co on 17 Dec 1915. Amelia died in the 1880s, probably in Ohio Co, and George then married Amelia’s sister Elizabeth. He and Amelia had at least three children-
1. William Felix Hudson, b 29 Apr 1869 in Ohio Co, died in Ohio Co on 30 Oct 1931. He had married Anna E _____ in 1891 and they lived two doors from his father and aunt Betsey Shaver in 1900 in Ohio Co. Anna was born in KY in Aug 1867. They had a daughter-
a. Hazel M Hudson, b Mar 1899, married Frank S Atherton about 1919 and lived next door to her parents. at Heflin, Ohio Co in 1920. Frank was born at Livermore, McLean Co on 10 Dec 1896, son of Aaron C Atherton and Lizzie _____. By 1930 they lived at Waycross, Ware Co GA. (M,1duvw,317f)
2. Esther Hudson, b 1871, married twice: 1st to N M “Jack” Russell, born in 1867 and died in 1938; 2nd to J F Ross. She had at least one child-
a. Paul D Russell, b 1896, married Kathleen Taylor Stevens in 1920. She was born in 1900, daughter of William R Stevens (he a son of Alonzo Lindley Stevens and Florence Ellis; and Lura May Stevens (daughter of William Fielden Stevens and Malinda E Calloway. Paul and Kathleen had two children.
3. Alice Hudson, b Jan 1884 (1u)
e. Jonathan G Shaver, b 1842, died in 1880.
f. Felix Allen Shaver, b 21 Apr 1843, died 4 Apr 1912 at Beda, Ohio Co. He married Sallie A Webb in 1869. She was born in 1845, daughter of Achilles Webb and Cornelia a Barnett. Sallie died in 1881. She and Felix had four children-
1. Elizabeth Shaver, b 3 Dec 1869 in Ohio Co, married a Mr Whittaker, and died 5 Mar 1920 in Ohio Co. (1d)
2. Lesley Shaver, b 1874, married Viola V Smith in 1897.
3. Della Shaver, b 17 Dec 1876 in Ohio Co, died 22 Dec 1912 in Ohio Co. She married Ed Shown.
4. Sallie M Shaver, b 1880.
4. Sarah Ann Simmons, b 1818, married Jacob Shaver in 1834. He was born in 1814 in KY, son of Benjamin Shaver (from Ireland?), and died in 1851. (Sarah’s sister Miriam Simmons married Jacob’s brother Felix Shaver, and sister Amelia Simmons married Ezra Shaver.) Sarah died in 1878. They had at least seven children-
a. Benjamin Shaver, b 1836, married Charlotte Lucretia Baird in 1858. She was born in 1835, daughter of Thomas Baird and Elizabeth Ford, and died in 1875. Ben died in 1907. They had a son-
1. Henry A Shaver, b 1859.
b. Henry Cephas Shaver, b 1837, married Emily Adaline Baird in 1860, and died in 1916 in Ohio Co. Emily was born in 1843, daughter of Thomas Baird and Frances Ford, and died in 1919. She and Henry had ten children-
1. James Shaver
2. Emma Shaver
3. Frances A Shaver, b 1865, married W B Raley in 1892, and died in 1941.
4. Susan Shaver
5. Charles B Shaver, b 1870, died 1953 in McLean Co.
6. Nancy V Shaver, b 1873, married Edwin G Stewart in 1890.
7. Effie S Shaver, b 1874.
8. Jacob T Shaver, b 1877, married Oxie Ashley in 1898.
9. Lillie Elvira Shaver, b 1880, married Andrew Alexander Rowan [R2b1b9a] in 1897.
10. William Lynn Shaver, b 1880, a twin of Lillie, married Prudie Williams in 1901.
c. Susannah A Shaver, b 1839, died in 1902. She married James Gordon Baird in 1861.
d. girl Shaver, b 1830s, probably died by 1850.
e. Jacob A Shaver, b 1846, married Frances Amanda Baird in 1868. Jacob died in 1914. Frances was born in May 1850, daughter of Allison Porter Baird and Sarah E Bennett, and died in 1924. She and Jacob had no children.
f. Miriam Shaver, b 1848, married Joshua Tinsley in 1869, and died in 1902.
g. James K Shaver, b 22 Dec 1850 in Ohio Co, died 30 Nov 1928 in McLean Co. He married Laura Tichenor. She was born in 1851 and died in 1918. They had two children by 1880-
1. Silas G Shaver, b 1871, died in 1931.
2. Clayton Azro Shaver, b 1874, died in 1953. He married Lois Rosamond Rowan [R2b1b5a1].
5. Melissa Simmons, b 1821, married John Wimp Jr in Meade Co in 1837. He was born in the 1810s, and probably died about 1849. Melissa then married Clement Knott in Ohio Co in 1850. He was born in 1814. Melissa had 13 children-
a. Randolph Wimp, b 1838.
b. boy Wimp, b 1839-1840, died by 1850.
c. Jane Wimp, b 1842, married G W Russell in 1861.
d. Sarah Wimp, b 1846.
e. John David Wimp, b 1848.
f. Amelia Knott, b 1851.
g. George W Knott, b 1851.
h. Elizabeth Knott, b 1855, married L E Brown in 1872.
i. Elvira Knott, b 1856.
j. Caroline Knott, b 1858, died by 1860.
k. Susan M Knott, b 1859.
m. Maria Knott, b 1861.
n. Mary E Knott, b 1863.
6. Maletna Simmons, b 1823, married her cousin Perry Simmons in 1844.
7. Elvira Simmons, b 1825, married Charles Hipsley in 1843. He was born in 1819, son of Amos Hipsley and Providence Hudson. Elvira died in 1891 and Charles in 1892. They had seven children-
a. Andrew Hipsley, b 1844, died in 1859.
b. girl Hipsley, b and died in the 1840s.
c. Louisa Hipsley, b 1847, married Christian A May in 1865.
d. Providence Hipsley, b 1851, married George W Riley in 1868. They had no children.
e. boy Hipsley, b the 1850s, died in 1860-1861.
f. Lydia Hipsley, b 1854, died in 1855.
g. Ruth Hipsley, b 1856, married Lewis P Turner in 1872.
8. Allen Simmons, b 1829.
9. Henry C Simmons, b 1831.
d. Susanna Simmons, b 1775, married Richard Welch in 1793 in Prince George's Co MD. She married 2nd William Willett in 1804 in Hardin Co KY, and married 3rd Edward Wilson in 1827 in Meade Co. Apparently all of her children (three?) were from Richard, and they lived in Hardin Co.
e. Cephas Simmons, b 1777 in Prince George's Co MD, married Cynthia Shain in Bullitt Co in 1800. They had seven children, all born in Bullitt Co-
1. William C Simmons, b 1801, married 1st Tomzey Calloway in 1820, and then in 1841 William married his widowed cousin Amelia Simmons. Amelia died in the 1860s. William died in the 1870s. His children were-
a. Porter Simmons, b 1821, married Matilda Shaver in 1843. She was born in 1824, daughter of Benjamin Shaver and Elizabeth _____. Matilda had moved to Ohio Co in the 1840s and was staying with Randolph Simmons before her marriage to Porter. Matilda and Porter were not found on any 1860 census, but in 1860 in Ohio Co there were Perry Simmons and wife Maletna Simmons, who were also found in the 1850 Ohio Co census; the children's names and ages were very close to those of Porter and Matilda found in the 1850 and 1870 census years. This family was Perry Simmons, age 38 (age 28 in 1850 census) and wife Maletna Simmons, age 37 (age 27 in 1850). Maletna was a daughter of Henry Child Simmons who was an older brother of Cephas Simmons, Porter Simmons' father. The Perry and Maletna children in 1860 were: Charles, age 15 (age 5 in 1850); William H, age 13 (age 3 in 1850); Amelia, age 12 (age 1 in 1860); Squire, age 10 (age 5/12 in 1850); Enas, age 8; Allen, age 7; Osborn, age 4; Sallie M, age 3; and Miny M, age 3/12. The ages and similarity of these children indicate that this might be the Porter-Matilda Simmons family, who were also in the 1850 Ohio Co census, and perhaps the census taker had bad hearing in 1860. But the 1933 death certificate of child Sallie Mary Simmons in Muhlenberg Co showed her parents as Perry and Maletna Simmons, and Sallie was born in Ohio Co on 25 October 1857. Hence, Perry and wife Maletna did exist, and were not a mistake of a census taker with bad hearing.
Porter Simmons and wife Matilda were found living at Ash Hill, Butler Co MO in 1870; we can be sure this is the same couple from KY because the 1870 MO couple were born in KY and were age 49 and 46. In their home were two children, sons Ezra and Allen Simmons, ages 19 and 16, and both born in KY. Living four doors away was Cephas Simmons (age 22, born KY) and his wife and new son. And in 1880 at Ash Hill in Butler Co, "Brother-in-law" Ezra Simmons (age 26) was living with his sister Elizabeth (age 35) and her husband William Lee. Also at Ash Hill was Allen Simmons (age 25). Porter and Matilda had at least five children. The first three shown here were from the 1850 Ohio Co census, and children Ezra and Allen were from the 1870 and 1880 Butler Co MO census-
1. Elizabeth Simmons, b 1845 KY. She married Wiley Wilson about 1866, and in 1870 lived next door to her parents at Ash Hill, Butler Co MO. Wiley was born in IN in 1842 (born in MO per 1880 census of her children). He probably died in the early 1870s in Butler Co because Elizabeth married William Lee about 1874 and lived at Ash Hill in 1880. Her brother Ezra Simmons lived with her and William in 1880. William Lee was born in TN in 1847, and was a Jusatice Of The Peace. Elizabeth's children, by 1880, were all born in Butler Co MO-
a. Sophronia Wilson, b 1867, was not living with her mother in 1880. (38r)
b. John Wilson, b 1869 (38rs)
c. Sarah Wilson, b May 1870 (age 3/12 in 1870). (38rs)
d. Mary Wilson, b 1873 (38s)
e. J W Lee, b 1876 (38s)
f. Alta Lee, b 1878 (38s)
g. Ida Lee, b 1880 Butler Co MO (age 2/12 in 1880). (38s)
2. Warren Miller Simmons, b 10 Mar 1847 in Ohio Co KY. He and his family moved to MO when he was a boy, where he grew up. Warren married Etha Malinda Welch at Flag, Stone Co AR on 6 November 1898, but this was obviously not his first marriage since he was living with twin sons Isaac and Wilmot Simmons at Red River, Stone Co AR in 1900. Both sons were born in November 1877 in AR. Warren's wife Etha was born in TN on 11 February 1842, and she had nine children from her prior marriage to John W Franks, who died at Timbo, Stone Co in 1986. Warren's first wife was Adaline Christina Elfers. They married in Butler Co MO on 1 August 1867. She was born in 1851 in MO, and died on 10 July 1897 at Fisk, Butler Co. Warren died at Red River on 18 November 1925 and was buried in Angora Cemetery in Stone Co. Etha died 1 December 1924 at Okema, OK. She was buried in Highland Cemetery at Okemah. Warren had six children from his first marriage, mostly sons, including two sets of twins. He and Etha had no children-*
a. Amanda Simmons, b 1868 in MO. She married James E Cornett in Stone Co AR on 17 September 1886. Both were age 18 when they married. (W,632m)
b, Newt Simmons, b 1872 in AR, lived next door to Warren Simmons and Albert B Simmons in 1910, and had married Mary M _____ in 1901. Mary was born in AR in 1885. They had four children by 1910-*
1. child Simmons, b & d abt 1902 (632v)
2. Thomas W Simmons, b 1905 (632v)
3. Bert F Simmons, b 1907 (632v)
4. Cobern E Simmons, b July 1909 (632v)
b. John Simmons, b 1874 at Missouri City, Fort Bend Co TX. (W)
c. Wilmitt Simmons, b 10 Nov 1877 in AR, and died 5 July 1963. He was buried in Angora Cemetery in Stone Co. In 1918 he lived in Stone Co AR and was married to Mary M _____ by then. Wilmitt signed his name as shown above; on his gravestone his name was spelled Wilmont. (M,632u)
d. Isaac Simmons, b 10 Nov 1877 in AR. In 1910 and 1920 he lived at Red River, Stone Co AR. His wife in 1910 was Ella Dora _____, born in AR in October 1878 and married to Isaac in 1899. In 1920 his wife was Becky L _____, born in AR in 1878. They were next door to Isaac's brother Alfred Simmons in 1920. They had at least seven children, all in Stone Co AR-*
1. Charles Raymond Simmons, b 3 Feb 1901, died 21 December 1987 at Mountain View, Stone Co. He was buried in Angora Cemetery in Stone Co. (632vwc)
2. Roy O Simmons, b 3 FDeb 1903, died on 8 April 1997 at Mountain View, Stone Co. He married Dovie _____ on 21 October 1928. She was born 23 May 1909. They were buried in Angora Cemetery in Stone Co. They had a son-*
a. Gayland B Simmons, b 12 Mar 1939 and died 8 April 2003. He was buried in Angora Cemetery in Stone Co. (632c) (632vwc)
3. Mennie Elsie Simmons, b 30 Jan 1906, died 30 December 1927. She was buried in Angora Cemetery in Stone Co. (632vwc)
4. Otto Leonard Simmons, b 26 Jul 1908, died on 18 July 1910 and was buried in Angora Cemetery in Stone Co. (632vc)
5. Dessie Simmons, b 1911 (632w)
6. Grover Ryno Simmons, b 22 Jun 1913. He married Edna Fendley on 19 December 1939. She was born 27 June 1915 at Campbvell, AR, daughter of Kay Fendley and and Florence Sutterfield, and died 19 November 2010 at Leslie, Searcy Co. Grover died on 28 August 2002. They were buried together in Angora Cemetery in Stone Co. Grover and Edna had a daughter-*
a. Lynn Simmons, married Sam Lewis and lived at Leslie in 2010. (N) (N,632wc)
7. Edith Simmons, b 1915 (632w)
8. Herschel Simmons, b 1919 (632w) (632uvw)
e. Alta Simmons, b Apr 1889 (632u)
f. Albert B Simmons, b 9 Sep 1890 at Leslie, Searcy Co AR. He married Ida G _____ about 1909. She was born in AR in 1891 before June 1917 and had two children by then. Albert died 19 October 1980 and was buried in Oak Grove Cemetery in White Co AR. His wife Ida was buried next to him. She was born 17 April 1891 and died 4 December 1966. They had a son-*
1. Herbert Mack Simmons, b 17 Apr 1931 and died on 5 August 1943. He was buried in Oak Grove Cemetery in White Co AR. (634c) (M,632u,634c)
g. Alfred Simmons, b 9 Sep 1890 at Flag, Stone Co AR, and died at Harrison, Boone Co on 12 April 1984. He was buried in Bellefonte Cemetery in Boone Co. Alfred was a Private in the US Army durimng WW1.He married Zona Branscum on 14 March 1915 in Searcy Co and lived at Arlberg, Stone Co in 1917. She was born 1 February 1897 at Aslco, Stone Co, daughter of John Washington Branscum and Nancy Catherine Sutterfield, and died 4 May 1972. She was also buried in Bellefonte Cemetery. They and their sons moved to Boone Co in 1929-*
1. Eugene Simmons, b 1920 in AR. (633f)
2. LeRoy Demond "Shorty" Simmons, b 25 Apr 1924 at Arlberg, Stone Co AR, died at Harrison, Boone Co on 7 March 1980. He and his wife were buried in Bellefonte Cemetery in Boone Co. LeRoy married Mintie Rowan Ryan on 14 March 1944 at Harrison. She was born 22 October 1927 at Saint Joe, Searcy Co AR, daughter of James M Rowan and Emeline McEntire, and died at Harrison on 29 March 2008. Mintie was raised by her mother after Emiline McEntire married a Mr Ryan. LeRoy was a Corporal in the US Army during WW2, and also served in the Korean War. (N,Z,633fc) (M,632uvw,633c)
John W Franks was born in Hardin Co TN on 13 Jul 1837, and died on his farm near Timbo, Stone Co AR on 20 Nov 1886. (W,Z,632mv,633f)
3. Cephas Simmons, b 1849 in Ohio Co KY. He and his parents moved to Butler Co MO in the 1860s. Cepahs married Louisa Burton in Butler Co on 7 May 1868 and they lived in Butler Co in 1870 a few doors from his parents. Louisa was born in IN in 1850. They had a son-*
a. George H Simmons, b Dec 1869 in MO. (38r) (1n,38mr)
4. Ezra Simmons, b 1851 in Ohio Co KY, but grew up in Butler Co MO from the 1860s. (38r)
5. Allen Simmons, b 9 Aug 1853 in Ohio Co KY. (1b,38rs) (7jk,1jkmbnrg, 38rs)
b. Perry Simmons, b 1822, married Maletna Simmons in 1844 in Ohio Co. (Note: Ohio Co marriage record shows her name as “Timmons”, not Simmons, but birth records of her children have her maiden name as “Simmons.”.) Maletna was born in KY in 1823, and was a daughter of Henry Child Simmons who was an older brother of Cephas Simmons, Perry's Simmons' father. Perry and Maletna had nine children by 1860-
1. Charles A Simmons, b 1845, married Lucy M Hudson in 1867.
2. William H Simmons, b 1847, probably married Mary E Ernspiger in 1877, and married Mrs Nancy Jewell in 1886.
3. Amelia Simmons, b 1848.
4. Squire S Simmons, b 1850, was unmarried in 1870.
5. Enos Simmons, b 1852, was unmarried in 1870.
6. Allen Simmons, b 1853. He could have been a son of Perry's brother Porter Simmons, but was shown in Perry's home when the census taker came in 1860.
7. Osborn Simmons, b 1856
8. Sally Mary Simmons, b 1857, died in Muhlenberg Co in 1933 and was buried in Ohio Co with her husband Reason H Everly. (12d,1qc)
9. Minnie M Simmons, b 1860
c. Alexander Simmons, b 1825, had not married by 1880.
d. Elizabeth Ann Simmons, b 1828, married Joseph Newsom in 1844. He was born in 1824. They had six children by 1860-
1. Mary E Newsom, b 1845.
2. William R Newsom, b 1848.
3. Samuel T Newsom, b 1849.
4. Julius A Newsom, b 1854.
5. Lidia F Newsom, b 1855.
6. Virgil M Newsom, b 1858.
e. boy Simmons, b 1826-1830, died in 1840s.
f. Osborne Simmons, b 1831, married his cousin Dorcas E Simmons in 1857. She was born in 1840, daughter of Osborn S Simmons and Miranda Barnard. Osborne died in the 1870s, and Dorcas after 1880. They had six children-
1. Robert Simmons, b 1857.
2. Jesse R Simmons, b 1861.
3. Tomsey Simmons, b 2865.
4. Camer Simmons, b 1867.
5. Delitha Simmons, b 1869.
6. Buckner Simmons, b 1872.
g. Charles Simmons, b 1833.
h. Mary B Simmons, b 1836.
i. Frances Simmons, b 1838, married Benjamin Raley in 1859. He was born in 1832, and died by 1870. They had two children-
1. Christine R Raley, b 1861.
2. William B Raley, b 1862, married Frances A Shaver, and died in 1894.
j. Christina Simmons, b 1840, married _____ Thomas about 1859. She died in the 1870s and had a son-
1. Michael Thomas
k. Cynthia Shain Simmons, b 1843, married James M Hinton in 1864, and died in 1901. He was born in 1844, son of Thomas Hinton and Matilda _____. James died in 1927. He and Cynthia had seven children-
1. Amelia M Hinton, b 1866, married _____ Mackey.
2. William P Hinton, b 1867, married Louella Hazelip.
3. George Thomas Hinton, b 1869.
4. Edwin Hinton, was alive in 1927.
5. boy Hinton, b and died in 1884.
6. Henry C Hinton, b 1886, married Emma C Johnson, and died in 1964.
m. Henry Cephas Simmons, b 1845, died in 1923. He married Margaret M Hinton in 1865. She was born in 1845, daughter of Thomas Hinton and Matilda _____. After Margaret died in 1892, Henry married Mary F Iler in 1893. She was born in 1874, daughter of John T Iler and Sarah E Shown, and died in 1937. Henry had at least six children by 1900-
1. Martha Ann Simmons, b 1867, married John A May in 1886. He was born in 1861 and died in 1895. After his death Martha married James A Baird. He was born in 1864 and died in 1934. Martha died at Hartford, Ohio Co in 1941. She had five or six children-
a. Charlie May
b. Monroe May
c. girl May
d. girl May
e. Lewis May
f.? Artie Baird, b 1898, married Jesse Smith. Jesse was born in 1895 and died in 1964.
2. Mary A Simmons, b 1871, died in 5 Aug 1877 in Ohio Co.
3. Ida Simmons, b 1877, married Loyall P Bennett in 1898.
4. Georgia Simmons, b 1877, married W H Tipmore in 1894.
5. Henry R Simmons, b 1894, married Hardee Lou _____ and died in 1973. Hardee was born in 1902.
6. Robert G Simmons, b 1900, died in 1917.
n. George W Simmons, b 1847, married twice: the first wife is unknown, and she died by 1800; the second was Mary J Hinton, married in 1869. She was born in 1851 in Ohio Co, daughter of William Thomas Hinton and Matilda Davis Monasch, and died in Daviess Co in 1932.
p. America M Simmons, b 1851, married James M Simpson in 1869.
2. Osborn S Simmons, b 1803, married Miranda Barnard in 1833. She was born in the 1810s, and died about 1843. They had three children, born in Scott Co MO-
a. boy Simmons, b 1836-1840, died by 1850.
b. Dorcas E Simmons, b 1840, married her first cousin Osborne Simmons in 1857.
c. Cephas J Simmons, b 1843
3. girl Simmons, b 1805-1809, died 1820-1825
4. Charlotte Ann Simmons, b 1805-1809, married John Milton Woodward in 1827. He was born in 1807, son of John Woodward and Elizabeth P _____. Charlotte died in 1846-1850, and John died in 1877. They had eight children-
a. Cynthia Shain Woodward, b 1829, married Reuben Allen Bennett in 1846.
b. girl Woodward, b 1830, died by 1840.
c. America S Woodward, b 1831, married William P Thomasson in 1852. He was born in 1832 and died about 1869. They had three children-
1. John Thomasson, b 1853.
2. Joseph Thomasson, b 1855, married Mollie S Ellis, who died following the birth of their only child. Joseph then married Frances Richeson, daughter of Sam Richeson and Clemmie Hewlett. Fannie was born in 1858. Joseph had 11 children.
3. Elizabeth Thomasson, b 1858, married _____ Duke.
d. Delilah Ann Woodward, b 1834, married John Franklin Wallace in 1854.
e. Cordelia Woodward, b 1836, married M Hedrick and died in 1861.
f. Mary E Woodward, b 1837, married Henry Baker, and died in 1865.
g. Milton D Woodward, b 1840, died in 1847.
h. James Benjamin Woodward, b 1846, married Lillie Ellis in 1871. She was born in 1852, daughter of Robert L Ellis and Mary Helen Smith, and died in 1874. They had a daughter-
1. Ella V Woodward, b 1872, married Dan Altmire.
2. Wayne Woodward
5. Charles S Simmons, b 1808, married Patsy Hudson in 1833. She was born in 1810, daughter of Thomas Hudson Sr and Susannah _____. Charles died in 1883 and Patsy in 1891. They had at least five children-
a. Louisa Simmons, b 1834 in Ohio Co, married William M Bell in 1853. He was born in 1826, son of Thomas Bell Sr and Elizabeth Hewlett. Louisa died in 1853 and William then married Virginia Tinsley in 1855. Louisa had a son-
1. Andrew J Bell, b 1853.
b. Mary Angeline Simmons, b 1836, married Aaron G Atherton in 1853.
c. Cynthia C Simmons, b 1838, married Lee Whitaker in 1860. He was born in 1840, son of Benjamin B Whitaker and Margaret A Howard. Benjamin was the brother of Jesse Whitaker who was the father-in-law of Charles B Simmons below. Lee died in 1901 and Cynthia in 1915, in McLean Co. They had nine children-
1. Jesse Whitaker, b 1861, married Sallie Coomes in 1883.
2. Alvia Whitaker, b 1863, died in 1866.
3. Martha Whitaker, b 1865, died in 1948. She married Ben Coomes in 1883.
4. Lou Whitaker, b 1867, died in 1937. She married J D Flenniken.
5. Lydia Whitaker, b 1870, died in 1947. She married James W Quigg in 1889.
6. Ben Whitaker, b 1872, married Emma Smith in 1891.
7. Mary Livermore Whitaker, b 1875, married Andrew Calvin Rowe in 1898.
8. Allie Whitaker, b 1876, died in 1910. She married David Moshier.
9. Ida Whitaker, b 1879, died in 1918. She married John W Miller in 1899.
d. Susan Thomas Simmons, b 1846, married George B Hoover in 1864. He was born in 1843, son of Richard Hoover and Sarah Ann Woodward. George died in 1882. He and Susan had at least nine children, one being-
1. Scaler Hoover, b 1873. She may have married Ralph Henry in 1892.
e. Charles B Simmons, b 1849, died in 1905. He married Camella Whitaker in 1872. She was born in 1856 in McLean Co, daughter of Jesse Whitaker and Martha A Brashear (and brother of Ansel H Whitaker). She died in 1904 and had six children-
1. William Simmons, b 1875, probably died by 1900.
2. child Simmons, b about 1877, died by 1900.
3. M Ancil H Simmons, b 1879, died in 1959. He married Susie E Bennett in 1903. She was a cousin of Frances Mosley Hoover. Ancel and Susie had no children. She died in 1970.
4. child (Sallie?) Simmons, b 1881-1882, married J H Mackey in 1898.
5. Martha S Simmons, b 11 Sep 1885, married Otto Atherton in 1911. He was born 19 Aug 1884, son of Romeo Atherton, and died 14 Dec 1947. Martha died 21 Dec 1947, in McLean Co. They had a daughter-
a. Ernestine Atherton, married Jimmy Arnold.
6. Arch J Simmons, b 1888, married Tina Pearl Fielden in 1909. She was born in 1886 and died in 1972. They had two children-
a. girl Simmons, married _____ Talbot.
b. Altha Simmons, never married and was alive in 1974.
6. America Simmons, b 1810, married Alexander Richard Rowan [R2b1b] in 1828.
7. son Simmons, b 1810s, died by 1830.
f. Robert Simmons, b 1779, married Chloe Flora Chenoweth in Logan Co in 1802, and died in the 1840s. They had nine children, none of whom settled in the Ohio-McLean-Daviess Co area.
g. Jonathan Simmons Jr, b 1781, married Mary Troutman in Bullitt Co in 1810. She was born in 1793 and died in 1850. They had about eleven children, none of whom settled in the Ohio-McLean-Daviess Co area.
h. Joseph Simmons, b 1783, married Charity Scott in Hardin (now Meade) Co in 1806. She was born in 1789 and died in 1834. Joseph died in 1827. They had seven children, all of whom spent their lives in Meade and Hardin Counties.
i. Samuel Simmons, b 1785-1790, married Elizabeth Scott in 1811 in Breckinridge Co. She was born in 1787. They had four children who probably spent their lives in Breckinridge Co.
j. Tyler Simmons, b 1785-1794, married Margaret Woods in 1813 in Breckinridge Co. They lived in Hardin Co and had children.
k. Enos Simmons, b about 1800, married Alice Scott and lived in Meade Co. They had a child by 1826. (91,51,58,66,62,GA,HT,SC, 7jz,8h,43jz,2d,3d, 5mphyzv, 1ijknpqrszmdC)