There were many references to Robert and John Woodson with Thomas East [E4] and his son Thomas East Jr. It is possible that Thomas East Sr and/or Jr had sisters / daughters who married into the Woodson families. Therefore, for the sake of future researchers, notes of the Woodson families are here included. Most birth dates were estimated from deed records; it is here assumed that any person who took title to land was at least 20 years old:
Robert Woodson Sr of Varina Parish, Henrico Co VA, was born in 1633 or 1634 ("age about 61 yrs." on 1 June 1695, and "aged about 46 years" on 1 June 1680). He could not write. Robert was alive in 1694 and had children-
1. Sarah Woodson, married Edward Moseby, a carpenter, and had a son (apparently the only child by June 1689)-
a. John Moseby, under age of 21 in June 1689
2. Robert Woodson Jr, married Sarah Lewis, daughter of the late John Lewis and sister of William Lewis Sr by October 1696. (William Lewis Sr was dead by 5 April 1736 and had a son John who lived in St James Pasrish, Goochland Co in 1736.) Robert was a Quaker and could write. By 1736 Robert probably had a son-
a. Stephen Woodson, born 1682, was an adult living in Henrico Co in 1736. He married his first cousin Mary Woodson. (M15,MV)
b. Joseph Woodson, born 1685, married Elizabeth Mattox. (MV)
c. Robert Woodson, born 1687 (MV)
d. Elizabeth Woodson, born 1690, married John Povall. (MV)
e. Sarah Woodson, born 1692, married Joseph Parsons. (MV)
f. Mary Woodson, born 1695, never married. (MV)
g. Agnes Woodson, born 1697, married Richard Williamson. (MV)
3. Johnathan Woodson Sr, a carpenter and wheelright of Henrico Parish & Co. Jonathan had children by 1679 who were adults; in 1689 his wife was Judith _____ (Tucker?, daughter of late Sam Tucker?, married by April 1681). Jonathan could not write. He was alive in June 1690. His children were-
a. John Woodson Jr, was born by 1658 and apparently a son of Jonathan Sr, lived on his plantation in Henrico Co VA. In John Jr's 10 December 1699 will (proved 1 May 1700) he named wife Mary _____, and children-
1. Jane Woodson, eldest and only daughter, under age 21 in 1699 and not yet married.
2. Joseph Woodson, eldest son, married Elizabeth _____ by 1718; was alive 1738.
3. Samuel Tucker Woodson, second son, born by 1693
4. Benjamin Woodson, third son, called Benjamin Woodson, the Elder, in 1716. He lived in St James Parish, Henrico Co.
5. child Woodson, to be born in 1700
b. Richard Woodson, born by February 1677
A Mr _____ Woodson, married the widow Sarah Brown, then he died. Sarah had a son from her prior marriage: Jeremiah Brown, married Elizabeth _____ and they lived at Varina in Henrico Co VA.
John Woodson who had a brother Ben Woodson married Judith Tarleton. He was a merchant and could write. John left a will in Henrico Co VA dated 25 November 1715, witnessed by Edward East ([E4c]?), and proved on 5 December 1715. Some of his children were not yet age 21; executors were sons Tarlton, John, Robert, and Jacob Woodson. His eight children were named in the will-
1. Tarleton Woodson, born by 1694
2. John Woodson, born 1695
3. Robert Woodson, born 1697-1729
4. Jacob Woodson, born 1699-1728. had no children.
5. Josiah Woodson, born 1702
6. Stephen Woodson, born 1704
7. Judith Woodson, born 1706
8. Elizabeth Woodson, born 1708 (M15,MV)