Nathaniel Strong, born in Hanover Co VA in 1744 and died in Madison Co AL in 1823, married Catherine Callahan. She was born in VA in 1754 and died in Madison Co in1828. They had nine children, all born in Goochland Co VA-
1. George Strong, b 1773, md Mary "Polly" East [E3a2a] and had five children; see in alphabetical order in East files.
2. Anna Strong, b abt 1774, md William Gibbs, had one daughter-
a. Ann Gibbs, b abt 1803, after 1819. Ann Gibbs married Benjamin Tiller in Madison Co in 1821 and had six children-
1. William H Tiller, b 1823
2. Martha A Tiller, b 1828
3. Elizabeth Jane Tiller, b 1829
4. Elvira M Tiller, b 1832
5. Lucinda "Lucy" C. Tiller, b 1835
6. Abraham Tiller, b 1844
3. John Strong, b 1776, probably died before 1819.
4. Thomas Strong, b 1777, md Elvira A M Steger in Madison Co AL and had one son-
a. Thomas Benton Strong, b 1836 in Madison Co AL, married Willie E Ellett and had nine children, all born at Meridianville, Madison Co AL-
1. Mary A E Strong, b 1861, md Benjamin A Strong.
2. Mattie L Strong, b 1863, md James Alex Blunt in Madison Co and had four children.
3. Henry T Strong, b 1865, md Anne Cross in Madison Co
4. Horace Nunley Strong, 1866, md Lutie Walker Harden in Madison Co and had two children.
5. Oscar Benton Strong, b 1872, died in 1891.
6. Alfred Ellett Strong, b 1876, md Mary L Young and had one daughter.
7. Alice Lee Strong, b 1878, died in 1882.
8. Fannie Ethel Strong, b 1881, md Thomas W Slayton and had four children.
9. William Macon Strong, b 1883, md Carrie P Farley and had one daughter.
5. Elizabeth "Betsey" Strong, b abt 1780, md Stephen Lee and had four children-
a. William Lee
b. George W. Lee
c. John Lee
d. James P Lee
6. Rachel Strong, b 1782, md Abraham Loving and had three children, all born in AL-
a. Susan Loving, b 1820, md Mr _____ Tiller and had a son-
1. William Tiller, b 1838
b. Nancy Ann Loving, b 1823, md William H Tiller
c. George Loving, b 1826
7. Mary "Molly" Strong, abt 1784, md George T Sadler.
8. Susannah Strong, b abt 1786, md Walker Wilson.
9. Nathan Strong Jr, b 1789, md Nancy Looney and had eight children; the first six born in AL, and the last two born in AR-
a. Maria Strong, b 1824, md Thomas Jefferson Gibson and had a daughter-
1. Martha M Gibson, b 1845 in AR.
b. Henry Strong, b 1826, md Pauline Malone, lived in AR.
c. Thomas Strong, b 1828, died in 1837 in AR.
d. Felix Strong, b 1833, md Annie Maurice Smith in AR and had three children-
1. Clara Strong
2. Nancy Strong
3. Infant Son Strong
e. Albert Strong, b 1834
f. Watson Strong, b 1836
g. Wesley Strong, b 1838
h. James Strong, b 1841
Census Records | Vital Records | Family Trees & Communities | Immigration Records | Military Records Directories & Member Lists | Family & Local Histories | Newspapers & Periodicals | Court, Land & Probate | Finding Aids